SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

We mean a subforum in this subforum...

Anyway, that sounds fine to me. I guess my ideas don't need their own thread if all of that stuff is going into one. It just seems redundant now. :P So I'll compile a list of what I've thought of and what I've seen others suggest. Besides the basic 3DS tourney/Wii U tourney, of course.

Super Emblem Bros. - A tournament using Fire Emblem characters only, meaning Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina. I realize that when I first suggested this one, it didn't really get a lot of attention, but I'm bringing it up again in case more people become interested now.

Super Smash Sisters - A tourney using only female characters. These characters include Zelda, Peach, Rosalina, both Samuses, female Wii Fit Trainer, female Robin, female Villagers, Lucina, Jigglypuff (all those feminine accessories in her alts suggest she's a girl), and Wendy Koopa (she's one of Bowser Jr.'s alts). Sheik can or cannot be eligible (this is up to the tourney host, as his/her gender has long been debated). This does not include male characters that have female alt colors (like Dixie colored Diddy Kong).

Super Smash Swordsmen - A tourney using only sword wielders. These include Link, Toon Link, Ike, Marth, Robin, Lucina, Meta Knight, and Shulk. Ganondorf is excluded because the only move where he uses his sword is a custom move.

Super Custom Bros. - A tourney using only custom character sets, Miis excluded.

Super Mii Bros. - A tourney using only Mii characters since they can be used online with friends.

Super Smash Mario Bros. - A tourney using only Mario characters, including Yoshi and Wario. I thought why not, there are so many now. lol

PokeSmash Bros. - A tourney using only Pokemon characters. That's Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Charizard, and Greninja.

I came up with these with competitive Smash in mind, but they can also be free-for-alls. If anyone else has ideas to add, fire away! :)

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, I said I didn't want to host any tournaments, so that's not an issue. xP

But didn't your post say that signups and tourneys would ALL take place in that hub thread? I'm saying these should be separate from the hub thread.

And I would rather let everyone hear my tourney ideas and be able to add their input, so no thank you.

Or you could just use that thread. People seem to be magnetically attracted to your posts regardless.

Since this isn't really a spoiler I thought it'd belong here better than in the SSB4 Spoiler Thread:

Keep in mind, this only affects knockback and not damage given (and the knockback boost is quite small), so it's not like they've given everyone Lucario's aura property.

This is actually really interesting and i didnt even realize it. ooooOoooOooOo

Subforum within a subforum, how about no...?

You know, you can set up skype chat groups for real time discussions too.

Having just tried out the Smash 4 Demo on my 3DS, I can comfortably say that the game feels like ass on a handheld.

ASSSSSSSSSSSS

I'd way rather use the dpad over the crappy analogue, but since that apparently is not an option, guess I'm waiting for the Wii U version!

I've been playing the Smash Bros. demo, and I can say I'm quite liking it. The controls are far better than what I expected, although this is probably due to my extreme hate of the 3DS' face buttons and circle pad lowering my expectations quite a bit beforehand. Well, they're good enough, but I'd still rather be playing this on a Gamecube Control. I'd also like to share some of my thoughts on the characters that we've seen:

Mario and Pikachu: Feel much the same as Brawl. Not much else to say.

Link: Has received a very significant buff. I'm especially fond of his new dash attack. It may be a little slow, but it has very good knockback and decent damage (14%). Definitely a potential main.

Mega Man: Decent all-around character. However, his Side Smash seems incredibly good.

Villager: A little bit of a disappointment. I see his/her potential: he/she has great recovery, as well as decent knockback, but he/she just really doesn't fit my playstyle. Sad, I was hoping to main him/her as well.

Edited by Gaia

First thing I'm doing when I get the full game is changing L and R to shield and grab respectively. Literally my only complaint with the default control scheme.

I don't see why people think Mega Man's bad. Short-hop fastfall Fair and Nair both fit my playstyle in Melee perfectly. I'm comfortable with everyone else as well.

...except I don't know how to use Villager's recovery yet.

I noticed Link got his jump attack for his dash as well! I like it a lot. :D I wonder if Toon Link also has it now?

So...no one's interested in my tournament suggestions? :(

Anyway, that sounds fine to me. I guess my ideas don't need their own thread if all of that stuff is going into one. It just seems redundant now. :P So I'll compile a list of what I've thought of and what I've seen others suggest. Besides the basic 3DS tourney/Wii U tourney, of course.

Super Emblem Bros. - A tournament using Fire Emblem characters only, meaning Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina. I realize that when I first suggested this one, it didn't really get a lot of attention, but I'm bringing it up again in case more people become interested now.

Super Smash Sisters - A tourney using only female characters. These characters include Zelda, Peach, Rosalina, both Samuses, female Wii Fit Trainer, female Robin, female Villagers, Lucina, Jigglypuff (all those feminine accessories in her alts suggest she's a girl), and Wendy Koopa (she's one of Bowser Jr.'s alts). Sheik can or cannot be eligible (this is up to the tourney host, as his/her gender has long been debated). This does not include male characters that have female alt colors (like Dixie colored Diddy Kong).

Super Smash Swordsmen - A tourney using only sword wielders. These include Link, Toon Link, Ike, Marth, Robin, Lucina, Meta Knight, and Shulk. Ganondorf is excluded because the only move where he uses his sword is a custom move.

Super Mii Bros. - A tourney using only Mii characters since they can be used online with friends.

Super Smash Mario Bros. - A tourney using only Mario characters, including Yoshi and Wario. I thought why not, there are so many now. lol

PokeSmash Bros. - A tourney using only Pokemon characters. That's Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Charizard, and Greninja.

I came up with these with competitive Smash in mind, but they can also be free-for-alls. If anyone else has ideas to add, fire away! :)

This from the previous page...

I like this!

One thing though, I'd say Sheik be allowed playable in Super Smash Sisters tournament. Sheik is a girl in Smash (you can think what you want regarding the mainstream Zelda titles), and Bill Trenin has confirmed Sheik's a girl anyways.

Super Emblem Bros sounds a bit limited, as only 4 characters are playable... but that's okay!

Would anyone beopposed to me making a Smash HQ thread for the purposes of discussion exclusively related to battle concepts and match brackets and all that jazz i talked about earlier?

Didn't I just get told off about that because Doofina wanted to do it?

One thing though, I'd say Sheik be allowed playable in Super Smash Sisters tournament. Sheik is a girl in Smash (you can think what you want regarding the mainstream Zelda titles), and Bill Trenin has confirmed Sheik's a girl anyways.

I didn't say Sheik couldn't be allowed. I said that would be up to the tournament host. :P I said that Sheik could be excluded though, because not all of us consider him/her to be female regardless of what Smash or Trenin says.

Would anyone beopposed to me making a Smash HQ thread for the purposes of discussion exclusively related to battle concepts and match brackets and all that jazz i talked about earlier?

should still probably wait for Doofina or coordinate or what-have-you

especially since iirc he's already working on putting something together

So, ZeRo made a tier list already, but it'll probably change when tournaments come by (unless he ZeRo has physic powers).

And of course, it IS just opinion, but I read "Zelda is dead last" and that sparked my interest.

I'm exactly quoting this from where I saw:

Top Tier

Kirby - Extremely fast, powerful, great grab range & throws, fantastic recovery and great spike
Pit - Extremely good super armor side B KO move, very fast, excellent recovery and a reflector
Zero Suit Samus - Very agile, fantastic recovery, range and combos
Greninja - Great aerials, fast and powerful attacks and a great projectile. Good recovery, too!
Donkey Kong - Surprisingly fast and very strong. Great recovery as well and a powerful spike
High Tier
Pikachu - Powerful Smashes and combos, great recovery and fast
Mario - Surprisingly agile and has tons of combos and great aerial game
Olimar - Powerful and fast moveset coupled with a fantastic recovery
Samus - Super fast and powerful ground game, Up-B is a KO move and has a great recovery
Fox - Very agile, super good recovery, tons of combos
Marth - More ground based now, weaker aerial game, throws are KO moves, great range
Rosalina - Very floaty, tricky game, great Up Smash, good aerials
Bowser - Fast and powerful, could be even higher!
Mid Tier
Mega Man -Weak up close game, but strong medium range game, good escape and tricky
Wii Fit Trainer - Very undeveloped, don't know much, though, putting her in the middle is safe.
Villager - Very weak up close, slow smash attacks, but good tilts and Up/Down Air
Sonic - No one played him!!! Putting him in the middle to be safe.
Link - Faster gameplay overall but much weaker camping game.
Low Tier
Little Mac - One mistake and you're done for! Can't fight platform camping or shield spam efficiently. Not the best grab range. Super powerful, but risky to use.
Zelda - Her moveset lacked strength, speed and range to compete with the other characters. She definitely needs to be changed up a bit.
These are my first impressions. We'll see how the game turns out to be when it comes out! Remember guys, this is a demo, it's bound to change.

If you think tier lists this early are stupid, you can just shut up. I didn't ask YOU for your opinion loki. This is for those who actually might be interested in a pre-release tier list.

These sound pretty fun I may not be good at smash but I would join one of these.

So, ZeRo made a tier list already, but it'll probably change when tournaments come by (unless he ZeRo has physic powers).

And of course, it IS just opinion, but I read "Zelda is dead last" and that sparked my interest.

I'm exactly quoting this from where I saw:

If you think tier lists this early are stupid, you can just shut up. I didn't ask YOU for your opinion loki. This is for those who actually might be interested in a pre-release tier list.

Pre-Release? Really? Game has been out for about a week in Japan now. These things with actual player study and testing will begin trickling out. This guy likely got input from Japanese players. So why are you being a complete prat again..?

Also its missing characters like Robin and Lucina and Doc.

Pre-Release? Really? Game has been out for about a week in Japan now. These things with actual player study and testing will begin trickling out. This guy likely got input from Japanese players. So why are you being a complete prat again..?

Also its missing characters like Robin and Lucina and Doc.

"that guy" is zero, who won the invitational tournament. of course it's missing those characters, since pre release means it was from the demo version. however, being from the demo version, it's still irrelevant.

Edited by Comet

I have been hearing that Little Mac's air-game is bullshit. Also that ZSS is spammy as all hell.

"that guy" is zero, who won the invitational tournament. of course it's missing those characters, since pre release means it was from the demo version. however, being from the demo version, it's still irrelevant.

This doesnt make any sense. If its from the demo version, how on earth did he compile the characters at all? What are you on about? Most importantly, why the hell are you guys getting all defensive in the first place? Tier lists are going to start trickling in now that the game has been out for a little while. If they found out about vectoring, they have already begun the tiering process.

Sheesh.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I would be shocked if zero didn't have the japanese version. and he probably is just putting out the tier list out of the characters he has played a lot. Also he probably has the help of friends (like m2k) to put it together.

tier lists really only matter in like top level play anyways.