SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I personally prefer Luigi's Poltergust more than Negative Zone since it's more in line with the Mario series. That, and Negative Zone makes Luigi look a lot more evil and demonic than he actually is (though I'll admit, Negative Zone was quite unique and fun to mess up big crowds with).

On a side note, does anyone think R.O.B. will be getting his own stage in the Wii U version? I'm really hoping so, since it'd be really unfair if he didn't have a stage representing his universe a second time (or 3rd time if you consider the 3DS version as the 2nd time).

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative Zone was great because

Luigi_Za_Warudo_by_Antfish.gif

oh

my

gods.

Mudamudamudamuda!

All he needs is a roadroller!

Rando, i think theres a stage thats like a gamer's room or something that might be ROB's stage. /shrug

I still mourn the loss of DeDeDe's Big Gay Dance of DOOM and Type L Negative (Luigi's).

The worst part about Dedede's final smash isn't even the loss of the Big Gay Dance (rip.) It's the fact that the new one is called Dedede Blast, instead of Dededestruction.

Rando, i think theres a stage thats like a gamer's room or something that might be ROB's stage. /shrug

Wario Ware stage, actually. You can tell because it has 9-Volt's Mom popping up to freak you the fuck out.

On a side note, does anyone think R.O.B. will be getting his own stage in the Wii U version? I'm really hoping so, since it'd be really unfair if he didn't have a stage representing his universe a second time (or 3rd time if you consider the 3DS version as the 2nd time).

I hope so, but it doesn't seem likely.

You fight Game and Watch on Flat Zone 2 when you unlock him, and you fight Duck Hunt on... Duck Hunt (I'm serious, that's the name of the stage) when you unlock them. With ROB, you do his unlock match on Wrecking Crew.

Speaking of Duck Hunt, you unlock him after 100 VS matches

I hope so, but it doesn't seem likely.

You fight Game and Watch on Flat Zone 2 when you unlock him, and you fight Duck Hunt on... Duck Hunt (I'm serious, that's the name of the stage) when you unlock them. With ROB, you do his unlock match on Wrecking Crew.

Speaking of Duck Hunt, you unlock him after 100 VS matches

it seems like most of the unlockables are still similar requirements to the 3DS version like Falco and Lucinas. So that's nice.

Edited by kingddd

FUCK YES! I don't even care that they went with Valedictory Elegy over the True Mirror (Orchestral), Poacher, or Supreme Ruler of the Nine Heavens. Just some acknowledgement of the Baten Kaitos series is all I needed (I hope Monolith makes a new BK game, but they're working on two Xenoblade games right now with both the 3DS remake of the original and Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U, and Xenoblade is one of the few things worth delaying a Baten Kaitos revival for, so I understand).

I can only copy you: FUCK YES! Forget that I ever complained about the Smash soundtrack.

I would've never imagined Baten Kaitos content getting in. I mean, the game is hardly known, and pretty unpopular. Just let us hope that enough people will be looking up what kind of game it is where this song comes from. Maybe a slight boost in popularity that will get them to make another game?

I'm actually really content with Valedictory Elegy. Your other recommendations would've still been really awesome. I would've loved Poacher.

Now, Kalas or Sagi for DLC, pleeease! I don't even care that they'd be more stereotypical swordusers.

It looks nice, but what happened to different colors in the boxes like in the 3DS version? I liked seeing so many colors... And they matched the characters.

Edited by Anacybele

Not happy about a Baiten Kaitos song on the Xenoblade song, especially if it's the original version and not a remix. Both were made by Monolith Soft, but that doesn't mean that Xenoblade should slighted for it. Imagine, what if the Main Theme, Colony 9, or Refugee Camp songs had gotten in. Or Satorl or Makna.

For those who are wondering what the full CSS looks like on the Wii U:

gallery_728_408_156197.jpg

And due to my OCD I've merged the clones and added Mewtwo, what do you guys think?

gallery_728_408_114469.png

Totally cool, because even without merging, that means the likely hood of one last DLC character perfect. It'd preserve the descending look of the 3DS CSS. It could be anyone, but another Xenoblade character/Zael/Wonder Red/Inkling/Lucas or Paula is the best case to me.

It looks nice, but what happened to different colors in the boxes like in the 3DS version? I liked seeing so many colors... And they matched the characters.

I think they traded the different colors for an animated box. The entire CSS is animated, so that's probably why.

And Custom Fighters is on! If that's off, the select screen will be an orange-gold color.

I'm still wondering where the Mii Fighters go.

The bottom row does not align with the top row. It's slightly off, and Mii Fighters would make the bottom row match the top one in terms of layout. Add two DLC characters (one being Mewtwo), and then all four rows have the same layout.

I think they traded the different colors for an animated box. The entire CSS is animated, so that's probably why.

And Custom Fighters is on! If that's off, the select screen will be an orange-gold color.

Oh, I see. I hadn't known about that. :P

Dang, you beat me to it! It is glorious, but some people were just given weird ones xD.

"Princess of Toadstools" couldn't be more obvious.

"Hyrule's Wise Princess" same with this too.

They're all so great! Some are really easy to figure out who, and others are bit more guessing. Like "PSI Powerhouse" is kinda easy to guess considering there's only one Earthbound character.

I called Ike's. :awesome: I said it'd be Radiant Hero! Though it added "of Legend" to the end of it, I was still right that Radiant Hero was in there somewhere. lol

Eternal Understudy for Luigi, wut. I don't get it. o.O

But this is still gold overall. XD

Marth and Ike's were obvious, really.

"Eternal Understudy" was Luigi's nickname back in Smash 64.

I was actually pretty close on Lucina's.

I'm expecting Lucina to be something like "Princess of a Bleak Future" or something like that.

Not bad.

But why isn't Mega Man's "Super Fighting Robot"?

I'm more surprised it's not "The Blue Bomber".

And Ana, if you don't know the meaning of the word, why not just Google it?

Guessing the Japanese version's "Souen no Yuusha" for Ike.

They tend to be more creative in the localized versions.

Just like how they had unique text in the reveal trailers instead of just "Sansen" like how you see it in game with "Joins the battle".

Edited by shadowofchaos