SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

My main problem with Marth in this game is that it feels like most characters that use their fists have more range than him now. It might just be in my head, but that's how it feels to me.

Edited by Monado Boy

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liked brawl at first, then got into PM and Melee and haven't looked back. the physics took a bit of getting used to but i'm comfortable with them now.

To be honest I was never much of a fan of Melee, and in my opinion Brawl is a far better game (and my favourite of the series so far).

Also, I love the Duck Hut trailer that ha just been shown.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Can we please try not to start up a Melee vs. Brawl argument? I feel like the one percent who actually likes both of them on equal levels and can adapt to both games' physics just as well. To me, Brawl isn't slow and can be fast when you want it to be. Melee can also be slow if you want it to. The only reason I play Brawl over Melee competitively is because the AI in Melee is absolute crap compared to Brawl.

To be honest,I'm with you on liking both games. I only didn't list my downside of Brawl for the sake of not being repetitive on the whole floatiness it had that everyone's probably sick of hearing, but i guess that failed.

And wait a sec. Duck Hunt was revealed today?

EDIT: Wow, I'm really uninformed. Did i miss a direct or something?

Edited by The King

So someone has the game already....

"It's me! (Proof: check my twitter name and compare to my swf username) https://twitter.com/pidgezero_one

I didn't win a smash U tournament and I have no idea where people are getting that idea. I am a TO for smash 64 and a promoter for the Ontario smash community and a staff member at /r/smashbros, I play every game competitively but have only ever won small locals for 64, Melee, and Brawl. I have never won a Smash 4 tournament or a PM tournament. tongue.gif

Nintendo knows about me through word of mouth and send the game to me as a surprise, a few other Canadian smashers got it the same way. I was just the first to post about it."

She's under the same NDA as the press is so she won't be sharing any new information. But you can check out her twitter for her impressions on the game if that's something you're interested in.

B1x3ovXCcAA9awL.jpg

B1x6fQ4IMAA9xtV.jpg

10755859_1555934457953731_352384413_n.jp

GasMkSE.jpg

She's under the same NDA as the press is so she won't be sharing any new information. But you can check out her twitter for her impressions on the game if that's something you're interested in.

I always love how they break their NDAs anway even though they are told to not tell anyone like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F24aIYd-jE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08J7sz-LmQU

Edited by kingddd

GameXplain also got Smash Wii U, and they showed the intro / opening cutscene.

Very pretty! Especially the end. How'd they know to put Zelda & ZSS next to each other for me (and RFoF)? Too bad the 3DS version doesn't have anything.

Yeah, it is pretty cool! Though Ike shows up only once even though he appeared in Brawl's intro twice, I'm fine with that because Ike was a newcomer in Brawl. He'd obviously get a bit more attention there because of that alone. So I'm just happy to see him in SSB Wii U's intro at all. ^^

Luigi dodging Ganondorf's attack the way he did. lol

GameXplain also got Smash Wii U, and they showed the intro / opening cutscene.

They also uploaded the default song list. Which is pretty huge 323. See if you can spot your favourites.

- Three Luigi's Mansion songs

- Two different versions of Ballad of the Goddess

- Victory is Near

- Team Galactic Battle

- Hidden Mountain & Forest

Fuck yes. My favorites are all back. :D

Well, except for Eternal Bond/Ike's Theme! It better be unlockable! I mean it was in Brawl and it's IKE'S THEME. Why remove it...? D: I also hope Stalwarts Unite is unlockable as well as some Zelda: The Minish Cap music. Though why A Link Between Worlds didn't get music in the 3DS version is beyond me... It IS a handheld game. But at least it's in the Wii U version! It's also great to see Village of the Blue Maiden back too so Four Sword Zelda gets love.

Edited by Anacybele

That's quite a bit, but the lack of more Metroid Prime series music severely displeases me. Nice to see some more Fire Emblem stuff, yet no FE4 music, I'm guessing there aren't gonna be and Jugdral references again either. I hope there's a bunch more to unlock, specifically the things I mentioned for me.

I'm guessing there aren't gonna be and Jugdral references again either.

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, there is a song called "Coliseum series medley". And Coliseum themes in the series are usually remixes of past songs, including the Gaiden battle theme which is already on the list as a separate song, so that one is definitely out. And since there isn't that much else to choose from, I would guess FE4/5 have a good chance of being represented with this song. Especially since they both use original themes.

Edit:

Ah, crap. Listening to it again, FE4's theme is definitely the FE1 battle theme. Seems like Thracia's theme is the only one that might be original. So being an original song is definitely not going to be a criteria.

Edited by BrightBow

That's quite a bit, but the lack of more Metroid Prime series music severely displeases me. Nice to see some more Fire Emblem stuff, yet no FE4 music, I'm guessing there aren't gonna be and Jugdral references again either. I hope there's a bunch more to unlock, specifically the things I mentioned for me.

My only hope is that there will be some unlockable Prime song (I can't believe Rundas' theme didn't make it in Brawl).

Otherwise I'm pleased by the Xenoblade tracks that made it in the default list. Engage the Enemy is probably my favorite track in the game and I'm guessing 'An Obstacle in Our Path' is 'One Who Gets in Our Way' aka the boss theme. Can't wait to see what the unlockable songs are please let Mechonis Field be there

My only hope is that there will be some unlockable Prime song (I can't believe Rundas' theme didn't make it in Brawl).

Otherwise I'm pleased by the Xenoblade tracks that made it in the default list. Engage the Enemy is probably my favorite track in the game and I'm guessing 'An Obstacle in Our Path' is 'One Who Gets in Our Way' aka the boss theme. Can't wait to see what the unlockable songs are please let Mechonis Field be there

They made good choices with the Xenoblade stuff, there's probably more to choose from but the best is already there.

Seriously though, is Nintendo even aware that there have been more Metroid games since Super Metroid?