SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

https://twitter.com/lucasmthomas/status/527837688670744576/photo/1

Current compatibility for other Wii U titles so if you have other titles you may have to consider you amiibo carefully.

B1NBlLkIYAAh_2O.jpg

I'm going to assume that since the Link amiibo is compatible with Hyrule Warriors, the Sheik, Ganondorf and Zelda amiibo's will be also be compatible - although just what they'll be used for is anyone's guess...

*Wonders if the FE amiibo's will be used in SMTxFE*

Why no Link for MK8? He's going to be DLC in it!

Same for the Villager.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how I feel about this entire generation of gaming right now. Sure things look a bit more hyperrealistic and/or pretty in 1920x1800 DPI, but the games themselves aren't getting much more innovative/creative, and that's my main beef against the WiiU/X Bone/PS4

For the Wii U, the gap in graphics compared to the Wii is actually HUGE, compared to the XBox 360/PS3 vs the XBone/PS4. Going from standard definition to HD is a huge transition. They are the only ones with a significant hardware gap between last gen and this gen after gimping themselves with a non-HD system (a problem that really became apparent the last three or so years of the Wii's lifespan). Also the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii anyway and can even use the tablet screen as a mini portable TV for the Wii. Seriously, the GCN/Wii games are like fuzzy mud once you've gotten used to HD resolution. It's a necessary upgrade in Nintendo's case.

But if you don't like Mario platformers, Mario Kart, Pikmin, Monster Hunter, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Country, party games, Rayman Legends (not exclusive but was originally supposed to be) or Platinum Games-style action brawlers, or total backwards compatibility with the Wii (though not the GCN as a firmware design), I guess there isn't much meat to the system yet. This winter we get Smash Bros. Next year we get an arena shooter in Splatoon (new IP!!), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Wooly World, a new Star Fox and a new Zelda, and Devil's Third might actually be out by then too which is probably the strangest publishing choice Nintendo has ever made. And maybe SMT x FE sometime. Maybe. Who the hell knows. And if that's not enough, I feel like nothing ever will be. Admittedly Nintendo has really dropped the ball with 3rd parties, especially American ones, but I find the Wii U is the best system to supplement the PC with. Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Nintendoland and the upcoming Smash Bros have completely justified the purchase for me so far, being a respective step up in every way from their Wii counterparts and is the best local multiplayer system.

For disclosure, I have a PC, 3DS, Wii U, GCN, Wii, PS3, and PS4. The PC is obviously the most used because it's also for work, followed by the 3DS, but my PS3 and Wii U get about equal playtime depending on what's out. The PS4 is largely pointless until Persona 5, Final Fantasy Type-0 and FFXV are out. The Wii is basically in storage and the GCN was brought to school to play SSBM, Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, and Skies of Arcadia, and GB/GBA games when I had to wait for renders because it's so light and easy to carry. Based system with carrying handle 10/10.

The PS4 is largely pointless until Persona 5, Final Fantasy Type-0 and FFXV are out.

Something very minor and off-topic, but Persona 5 is also coming out on the PS3.

But to be on topic, am I the only one to feel as if Jigglypuff is worse than what she was in Brawl? Her aerials feel worse, and her ground attacks don't feel that good.

Something very minor and off-topic, but Persona 5 is also coming out on the PS3.

But to be on topic, am I the only one to feel as if Jigglypuff is worse than what she was in Brawl? Her aerials feel worse, and her ground attacks don't feel that good.

if anything she's better than in Brawl. To be honest, I feel majority of the characters are better than in Brawl.

Edited by kingddd

I know a wicked Jigglypuff player who says there's no comparison between the two. She's far better in Brawl.

This player doesn't know what they are talking about then. Jigglypuff in Brawl has literally nothing from Melee that made her the terror she was. Smash 4 she actually poses a threat again. Especially in the air.

if anything she's better than in Brawl. To be honest, I feel majority of the characters are better than in Brawl.

FALCO MAINS UNITE!

(he's nowhere near as ridiculous as he was in Brawl, and I'm happy about it, because I felt he was good for the wrong reasons)

This player doesn't know what they are talking about then. Jigglypuff in Brawl has literally nothing from Melee that made her the terror she was. Smash 4 she actually poses a threat again. Especially in the air.

Gah. I meant to say SSB4. That's the kind of mistake that conveys the complete opposite meaning.

Dont you have to actually get banned though? So if you are experiencing that, its likely you did something you shouldnt have.

it doesn't mean you should get banned for life though.