SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I know I'm late on this, but I'd argue that Micaiah is more of a main character than Robin on the basis that Micaiah is forced in every chapter where she's usable whereas Robin's only forced in one chapter. The nature of FE10 and FE13 and how the party is set up are quite different, so it's not quite accurate to compare them in a similar manner. Otherwise, by your logic, Chrom and Robin are more of main characters than Ike in FE10, since Ike isn't used in every chapter.

While I'm mostly apathetic on both Chrom and Lucina (although if I'm honest I still have some issues with Lucina), I do think that SSB4 is pissing on Chrom too much. It's like, okay we get it, Chrom's not in the game and he would've been less unique than Robin. But he's far from a joke, and he is sort of the main lord of the game that saved the freakin' series. So … I have issue with things like Robin's Guidance. I didn't even like Chrom until SSB4 made him into such a memetic joke, now I like him a bit more just because I feel sorry for him.

Also, I heard that a 10-year-old girl beat some top west coast players in a tournament on gamefaqs, but never really bothered to follow up on it ;/

In terms of plot though Micaiah is completely overshadowed by Ike and in the end game even gets replaced entirely by another character hijacking her body.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of plot though Micaiah is completely overshadowed by Ike and in the end game even gets replaced entirely by another character hijacking her body.

Lucina and Micaiah are honestly my favorite lords though, I once capped every stat but strength with her (it was iirc two away), and then she murderated everyone with Nosferatu. To be honest, I think that once she gets a-goin', she's a better unit than Ike. Certainly once Endgame comes.

of course, i've raised heather, sothe, meg, and fiona all on different runs and brought them to endgame. while my thing says shadow dragon is my favorite, if i wasn't too lazy to change it, it'd be radiant dawn

I'd probably wait until I get tired of Apricot Luma to do this, and change it to like Melia Antiqua or Heropon Riki

I don't understand, why many people try to compare Ike with Micaiah.

Both are lords, that's pretty much it. They're complete different classes.

Micaiah is a mage, so you don't need to expect a good defense. She's a range attacking unit. Her only main downside is her low speed growth. BTW: Ike's speed (30%) growth is even worse than Micky's (35%). Ike is a classical front unit.

It doesn't matter that only Ike can kill Ashera, because without Yune it wouldn't be possible.

I think Ike is more different compared with Marth than Micaiah compared with Zelda. Marth is more swordmaster type while Ike is more hero and warrior type. It's my theory, why Ike was added in Brawl instead of Micky.

Personality wise I would prefer Micaiah too, but I can take it that she's not in Smash Bros.

Edited by The Taninator

… My Smash 4 cartridge just bugged out and deleted everything except for my screenshots.

Which means that I basically lost all unlockable characters, all of my replays (I'm SERIOUSLY UPSET about this one), all my records, challenges, and achievements.

I don't understand what happened, I've been playing Smash 4 all day with my friends just earlier today, and it just randomly died for no reason. I doubt I have the motivation to redo everything I've already done, AND I'm really mad at losing my replays. Like … is there ANY way to recover corrupted data or is it just plain gone?

Damn, that really sucks, Sang. :/ I wish I could help you out here, but I honestly have no idea what to say. Maybe calling Nintendo would help?

… My Smash 4 cartridge just bugged out and deleted everything except for my screenshots.

Which means that I basically lost all unlockable characters, all of my replays (I'm SERIOUSLY UPSET about this one), all my records, challenges, and achievements.

I don't understand what happened, I've been playing Smash 4 all day with my friends just earlier today, and it just randomly died for no reason. I doubt I have the motivation to redo everything I've already done, AND I'm really mad at losing my replays. Like … is there ANY way to recover corrupted data or is it just plain gone?

I find it really strange that you lost your replays but have some screen shots. I don't know if there's anyway to get them back but Rey has a topic up somewhere about backing up replays. If you have a look at that it can at least limit the loss if something like that happens again.

I find it really strange that you lost your replays but have some screen shots. I don't know if there's anyway to get them back but Rey has a topic up somewhere about backing up replays. If you have a look at that it can at least limit the loss if something like that happens again.

IIRC replays are locked to each save game, so maybe the game's reset created a different ID or something? The screen shots aren't encrypted at all; they're just .jpeg's saved in a specific place.

The things early adopters do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG6JlevVopU

I think this is one time I actually legitimately disliked Shulk's English voice.

Haha.

That backslash in my ear.

Doesn't change how hilarious that is though.

Edited by shadowofchaos

...wow.

I just heard Fox's English voice just now.

That change makes me... flinch a little.

Especially when he uses the Landmaster.

I hate the delivery on FIRE. Sooooo bad haha

also I dno if this has been posted here yet but here is the opening for the Wii U game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7s6w0Im7I

Not happy about a Baiten Kaitos song on the Xenoblade song, especially if it's the original version and not a remix. Both were made by Monolith Soft, but that doesn't mean that Xenoblade should slighted for it. Imagine, what if the Main Theme, Colony 9, or Refugee Camp songs had gotten in. Or Satorl or Makna.

There isn't really a "song quota" in the game that says that one song took away from something else. I mean, in Brawl, there was a huge number of Star Fox and F-Zero songs crammed into their respective stages while other stages like Skyworld had like, what, three songs? Also, Satorl Mash and Makna Woods are kind of super chill songs, so while they're amazing, I can see why they were passed over. The Xenoblade soundtrack is just amazing and it's hard to only pick a few songs. Anyway, this is AMAZING for all the Baten Kaitos fans out there! The rights for Baten Kaitos are kinda all over the place, split between MonolithSoft, TriAce, Bandai Namco and Nintendo, so the fact that all of those parties could come together for this is just an unexpected treat. I'm also glad they kept the Golden Sun music, considering they stripped out everything else Golden Sun related... Also happy they squeezed in Wonderful 101 music, and Mysterious Murasame Castle. For these games which have minimal rep, they deserve the nods.

So I just heard the X and Y Champion theme (Parts of it oddly remind me of Cave Story music then again it always has)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5b0P8XyLFQ (it's extended but the only one I could find)

They are just going all out this time. I thought they had on brawl but man. So many good songs so little time

Edited by Jedi

iunno, m2k was at a tourny in Wisconsin this weekend, and the gamestop was in california...

Yeah I got to hang with m2k :), he was here from Friday (in illinois) so its definitely not him. He also said that he only has played smash 4 for like a few hundred matches at most.

The rights for Baten Kaitos are kinda all over the place, split between MonolithSoft, TriAce, Bandai Namco and Nintendo, so the fact that all of those parties could come together for this is just an unexpected treat.

Not trying to play it down, it is an awesome feat indeed, but to be fair, half of these companies, plus the composer of the song, have been working on Smash anyway and Monolith already provided other content.

And Tri... wasn't it TriCrescendo? Anyway, they are, as far as I know, on pretty good terms with Namco.

In the end, I guess, the reasons for this fortunate event all boil down to Namco co-developing Smash.

Now excuse me. I'm gonna play some Baten Kaitos now.

I hate the delivery on FIRE. Sooooo bad haha

also I dno if this has been posted here yet but here is the opening for the Wii U game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7s6w0Im7I

For less than a second, my ship has been confirmed to "have each other's backs".

...it really does look like that EVENTUALLY, I'll have to get a Japanese Wii U.

For some people (like me) the VA voices are a big thing.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That sounds a lot like it should be played on an amusement park carousel. lol But it sounds great!

It sounds like ^ and something they would play in a really bad and or scary clown movie. At the same time.

*applauds*

Last I checked, Slippy was a dude (with a high-pitched voice).

I like how one of the conversations was about the fighters, and one. . .completely ignored them. It would be really amusing if the one including the fighters occurred when Fox/Falco were down there!

Slippy is a girl? Or does the character just sound exactly like one? o.O

Slippy just has a high pitched voice, but it's a running joke that no one knows if Slippy is a guy or girl for sure among fan communities. Infamously he's always the one who always seems to be in dire need of assistance in SF64.