SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only going to be completing the challenges that give me CDs or Custom attacks. The rest I don't care about.

This. Not even for Customs either.

However, there is one for Shulk that gives a Mechonis trophy...

I feel like the challenges on the Wii U Version are a bit more "random" than the 3DS version.

On the 3DS Version, I felt like all you had to do is "play the game" normally, as you would, and you would get those achievements. But in the Wii U Version, it feels like you have to go out of your way to get everything. The exception is Board 3, with that wanting you to do various modes with every character.

Also, does anyone else glue their amiibo case back together after taking out the amiibo out?

I feel like the challenges on the Wii U Version are a bit more "random" than the 3DS version.

On the 3DS Version, I felt like all you had to do is "play the game" normally, as you would, and you would get those achievements. But in the Wii U Version, it feels like you have to go out of your way to get everything. The exception is Board 3, with that wanting you to do various modes with every character.

Also, does anyone else glue their amiibo case back together after taking out the amiibo out?

Yeah, I agree with this. There are a lot of random requirements. "Do this thing with this specific character in this mode solo." Kind of annoying, really. I prefer challenges and achievements that basically just want me to explore every piece of the game, not do completely random crap that I would never naturally care to do.

CD factories don't exist anymore but Crazy Orders is an amazing way to farm them. I'm consistently getting 4-5 per run, and unlike custom moves you don't get duplicates (you can get multiples of a song in one Crazy Orders run, but once you've actually unlocked the song you don't get the CD again. ie, I got two copies of Dragon Roost Island in one run, but after I beat Crazy Hand, I'm not getting another copy of Dragon Roost Island)

If you happen to get one extra of the same CD in the same go what happens?

Here's a list of how to do all the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U challenges.

I have to say, some of them are just ridiculous and crazy (and remember, the Wii U version has 5 hammers only, and the harder challenges usually don't allow using Gold Hammers on them). Just look at some of these (spoilering just in case):

Clear Classic on intensity 9.0 without losing a life

Even with a heavy attack and defense setup, speed and jump (jump is tied to the speed stat when accounting equipment) will be compromised way too much and will make some of the Master Fortress jumps impossible. Though maybe 2 player is allowed for this challenge? I mean, a lot of challenges specify doing a task "alone" if it only counts in one player. Master Fortress is only accessible in one player Classic Mode, so playing two player Classic Mode would negate facing Master Fortress altogether.

Clear All-Star on Hard with all characters
Clear Classic on intensity 7.0 or higher with all characters

This one shouldn't pose much of a problem for me, but even among skilled players, I can imagine there's some characters they won't be able to use prociently enough to complete these challenges (eg: if someone is really bad with Rosalina & Luma, getting those two challenges might be next to impossible just because they aren't skilled enough to complete Classic 7.0 or All-Star Hard with her).

Play as Lucina and score 8 or more KOs alone in Cruel Smash

Clear Solo Classic in 12 minutes on intensity 9.0 with Marth

Well, you can kiss your chances of doing these challenges goodbye if you aren't good with those characters (and counter spam won't work well in Classic 9.0. Trust me, I already tried it yesterday). Thankfully for me, I'm proficient with both. Though it'd really suck for a completionist who couldn't play either character well (especially since they likely wouldn't use Golden Hammers due to wanting a perfect file).

I should still hopefully be able to complete all 140 challenges without Hammers (I defeated all the challenges in Brawl without hammers as well). Well, I guess one of the upsides to the challenges being beefed up this much is that my completed Wii U Smash Bros Challenge Board (while still having all 5 Golden Hammers) will be that much more valuable. I mean, I'm guessing very few people will be able to complete the challenge board fully, and even fewer would do it without using Gold Hammers.

If these challenges are the key to getting some of those CD's/Custom Moves, then it'll be a problem with a wireless controller/3DS since they only use Joysticks and no control/D-Pads like the Gamecube controllers do.

Okay...please tell me that you can unlock more options in Stage Builder, because otherwise, I firmly believe that Brawl's is better, even with 4's freehand. It just felt like there was more variety in what you could do. Like with conveyor belts and spikes. Heck, I even liked the mushrooms!

Brawl had unlockable stage builder parts, I believe, so I don't see why Smash Wii U wouldn't.

Unfortunately, every single thing I'm reading shows that you can not unlock anything, because there IS nothing to unlock for Stage Builder.

Unfortunately, every single thing I'm reading shows that you can not unlock anything, because there IS nothing to unlock for Stage Builder.

Then it already has to have everything needed in the custom stage builder.

Edited by PuffPuff

Well that's a load of BS. How was Sakurai able to put unlockable stage builder pieces in Brawl, but not this game? Did he fill it up with too much music and trophies or something? >_>

Then it already has to have everything needed in the custom stage builder.

Whilst lacking functioning spikes, ladders, ferris wheels, and various other goodies?

Well that's a load of BS. How was Sakurai able to put unlockable stage builder pieces in Brawl, but not this game? Did he fill it up with too much music and trophies or something? >_>

It's almost as if the stage builder was like, the last thing they added in, and only did so as an afterthought.

Today me and my sister invited 6 friends over and we had a blast playing 8 player smash. 4 vs 4 is a lot of fun together especially when 1 person is left we go all chase that one guy left. Hilarious and it was a lot more fun than we expected. 2 of our friends are competitive smash players and they were having a blast too. We kept doing random themes like all 8 player LM matches, Pokemon matches only, Koopaling battles, Villager only Hot Potatoes.

P3 = Me

P4 = My sister

Also these things happened in our time playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJmdpAk_VmM

So many friends for that single Ike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLE0M8DaqXo

Edited by kingddd

Wow, I actually had to spend an hour or so getting used to playing Smash the gamecube controller again. XP

Anyways Smash 4 Wii-U is absolutely beautiful, and I think there will be quite a few tournament viable stages!

Edited by Monado Boy

Why do people want to unlock stuff for the Stage Builder? If there's a mode that should be available completely from the start, it's that one.

I think it's less that they want to unlock stuff for it and more that they want there to be more stuff to use in it at all.

It's almost as if the stage builder was like, the last thing they added in, and only did so as an afterthought.

Yeah, it's like near the end of development, Sakurai was like "Oh crap, we forgot the stage builder!"

Don't get me wrong, I like that I can draw lots of different stage shapes which means my holiday-themed stages will actually look more like a Christmas tree or holly or candy canes, but I do miss Brawl's bigger list of goodies to add to it.

But yeah, Red Fox was right when she said we just want a little bit more stuff to be able to add to it.

Also, sign ups for the Wii U launch hype tourney have begun! Check it out if you're interested. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

So I finally got to play Smash 4 on my friend's Wii U.

Gotta get used the new stuff. I keep falling back to Brawl tactics which keep getting me destroyed. Though playing Ike and Palutena against people who keep using Fox, Sheik and Greninja doesn't help.

So what are the FE trophies in the Wii U version? Still Radiant Dawn and Awakening or are there ones from older games?

I'm pretty sure the Black Knight trophy is also back. I saw it in Smash Tour mode.

So...is there a JP voice option? >_>

Watching videos, FeRobin is driving me nuts... *sigh*

no there aren't any in the NA version.

Edited by kingddd

This may be kind of off topic, but remember that Ike (Ryuga) that made it to the grand finales in Youmacon 2014? I just had two good matches with him, and it was great. He won, but I feel like I'm improving now.

Edited by Monado Boy

So out of curiosity, has anyone happened to defeat Classic Mode on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U on 8.0 or higher yet? (spoiling the next part just in case)

Master Fortress actually isn't that bad. All the boss forms before Master Fortress actually have lower HP if you're on 8.0 or higher, to even out having to face Master Fortress. I've been able to defeat it with Mario, Luigi, Marth, Ganondorf, and King Dedede. The main thing to keep in mind is the acid walls will kill you at 100% or higher just like lava walls in the Great Cave Offensive, destroy the Plasma Wisps and Laser Flowers ASAP before they can shoot you, and avoid the shield skeletons and don't fight them. Whether you fight the spiky spiders or avoid them is mere preference, since they aren't too bad either way and they don't deal much damage. Also, the heart container that appears before you enter Master Core will always stay there even after getting the first Master Fortress core and after the second half of Master Fortress starts, so long as you didn't use it yet.