SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I spent a good amount of time on reddit and two different search engines to find anything related to Mewtwo being sold out, and I found this comment:

Update: Sorry the E.Shop has sold out. The next shipment will be in a month and a half if you want to pre-order on that.

and a thread which is clearly a joke, just like that comment. I'd really like to see a source on this cause I can't find anything at all

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reddit said somewhere that Mewtwo sold out though. :/ I know, wtf...

fucking scalpers holy shit

so glad I got the club nintendo mewtwo

in other news, trela just took 2nd at a 137p tourney using only mewtwo

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Please tell me you are joking.

Um, no. I would've made it more obvious if I was joking. I just recalled seeing that on Reddit, sorry. :/

Um, no. I would've made it more obvious if I was joking. I just recalled seeing that on Reddit, sorry. :/

Alright then. In that case, take into consideration what exactly DLC is. Downloadable content.

Mewtwo is not limited, special edition downloadable content. There is not a limited amount of Mewtwos available for download, whether you have payed for him or already gotten him for free. Assuming there were an infinite number of copies of SSB4 in existence, there will also be an infinite amount of Mewtwos available for each and every copy, because DLC exists for everyone until the company decides to discontinue it.

So basically, the quote you read about some guy saying that they have "sold out" of DLC Mewtwos was a joke, presumably based on the rubbish availability of amiibos.

fucking scalpers holy shitso glad I got the club nintendo mewtwoin other news, trela just took 2nd at a 137p tourney using only mewtwo

Yeah, I was at the same tourney. Dude knows his shit. Too bad not much footage was recorded. I think there's another tourney he used him in. I'll try to look for it later.

Alright then. In that case, take into consideration what exactly DLC is. Downloadable content.

Mewtwo is not limited, special edition downloadable content. There is not a limited amount of Mewtwos available for download, whether you have payed for him or already gotten him for free. Assuming there were an infinite number of copies of SSB4 in existence, there will also be an infinite amount of Mewtwos available for each and every copy, because DLC exists for everyone until the company decides to discontinue it.

So basically, the quote you read about some guy saying that they have "sold out" of DLC Mewtwos was a joke, presumably based on the rubbish availability of amiibos.

Then how do you explain Earthbound's download going out of stock?

That was a club nintendo thing where they lacked download codes. You could still buy the game digital download no problem.

Earthbound was never out of stock on the eShop. It was temporarily unavailable as a reward on the Club Nintendo site because Nintendo ran out of codes and needed a couple of hours to generate more. This case does not apply to Mewtwo, so it's most likely the Reddit guy was joking.

The others have already answered your question. It is literally impossible to run out of Mewtwo DLC, ever. Until Nintendo shuts it down, anyway.

Edited by Raven

Meanwhile, in the Chronicles of How Jedi became a Smash Pro...

I tip my hat to you, Jedi!

FE|Wolt = any chance his name is inspired by Fire Emblem's Wolt, or just pure coincidence?

Also GJ Jedi.

He is a huge FE fan, he mains all 4 FE dudes and owns every FE legitimately :P. Surprised he isn't a member here honestly.

Thanks.

He is a huge FE fan, he mains all 4 FE dudes and owns every FE legitimately :P. Surprised he isn't a member here honestly.

Thanks.

Or maybe he is and he's kept his identity a secret!

Alright, I admit it: I am FE|Wolt!

(I'm kidding)

Or maybe he is and he's kept his identity a secret!

Alright, I admit it: I am FE|Wolt!

(I'm kidding)

Haha, *gasp*.

But yeah, he's made some really good use of Robin's Thoron+ and Marths crescent slash, beat Robotnik last tourney.

Yeah, Wolt isn't exactly a notable character. I'd have thought that a huge FE fan would've picked a lord character or something. But maybe Wolt is this guy's top favorite, who knows?

Anyway, congrats, Jedi, that's so cool. :o

Of all the character names he could have chosen

Wolt?

I actually haven't asked him why Wolt of all characters, I don't even think 6 is his personal favorite.

is Jedi the new PKL?

No hahahaha.

And thanks everyone.

Edited by Jedi