SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Trust me. You don't need to do any of the challenges to be better at this game.

That's probably why he said "I just want to complete the challenges and then focus on getting better at the game"

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say push Zelda to the the limits if you really like her. If youre not even that serious about the competitive stuff, it honestly doesnt matter. Although Nairo does work with Zelda.

I wouldn't call myself a competitive player, though I can get ambitious sometimes about being good at the game and improving my skills by playing against those who are better than me.

If I really were into the competitive scene, I'd focus on Kirby anyway. Been maining the little guy since Melee. There's no character that feels more natural and intuitive to me.

That's probably why he said "I just want to complete the challenges and then focus on getting better at the game"

Damn. My bad then.

Kirby's cute. Is it bad that I almost mained him because of that? Anyways, check out Izaw's video on Kirby.

Edited by Knife

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/super-smash-bros-dlc-sakurai-teases-characters-wont-be-only-kind-dlc-435912

33328281m.jpg

*Giggle*

I have exciting news!!!!

Sakurai is planning on making new modes (Please be the Subspace Em-missionary) which will actually take less work than with the characters. Well...with characters, they have to test them in every single mode and thing and demands alot of time! Is why that it's a miracle that were even getting DLC. But...this is very exciting news!

Edited by PuffPuff

Please be Arcade mode. It would be nice to have at least a single mode that's actually fun for the purpose of collecting Custom Mode.

But who am I kidding? If anything, it's probably going to be something like "vs.7CPU-Pseudo-Battle-Royal Mode". Or maybe a mode were you fight all the characters in alphabetical order in groups of 3 to 7.

Edited by BrightBow

Smash Run would be kinda hard to implement on Wii U, since everyone shares a screen.

I think it should stay on 3DS because of that.

I mean Smash Tour MIGHT work on 3ds but Smash Tour also blows so...

I wonder who at Nintendo thought Smash Tour could even compete with Smash Run.

It's the most tedious, boring game mode I've played in Smash. The only reason I've played it up to now is to complete the achievements that require it.

Smash Tour exists just like every other mode that allows gaining customs primarily to piss players of. For one thing by being devoid of any fun in the first place, for the other by making it theoretically possible to farm for the customs without actually playing the game's annoying modes yourself... but including a single possible scenario that requires a player input so that you get mad when you check on the game and find out that progress has stopped.

Edited by BrightBow

I wonder who at Nintendo thought Smash Tour could even compete with Smash Run.

It's the most tedious, boring game mode I've played in Smash. The only reason I've played it up to now is to complete the achievements that require it.

But...having customs that you normally can never have through custom equipment always makes it a good thing. Like there are no equipment that allows you to start the battle with a rocket pack for instance.

Tourney mode sounds cool! Brawl had this too, though it wasn't online. I'd love for it to be an online mode so we can have online tourneys here. It might revive our tourney scene. We haven't even had an actual tourney since my Smash Wii U one was created and never kicked off. I'm still kind of sad because I actually put some work into the info post due to the little spin on it... (having Ike and Luigi narrate it together).

I'd love a story mode again, but if it's going to take as much work and effort as Brawl's SSE did, I'm okay with Sakurai deciding against it. I mean, the guy already does a lot of work on these games and it's actually caused him health problems, like that tendonitis. I don't want him to overwork himself or anything.

Tourney mode sounds cool! Brawl had this too, though it wasn't online. I'd love for it to be an online mode so we can have online tourneys here. It might revive our tourney scene. We haven't even had an actual tourney since my Smash Wii U one was created and never kicked off. I'm still kind of sad because I actually put some work into the info post due to the little spin on it... (having Ike and Luigi narrate it together).

I'd love a story mode again, but if it's going to take as much work and effort as Brawl's SSE did, I'm okay with Sakurai deciding against it. I mean, the guy already does a lot of work on these games and it's actually caused him health problems, like that tendonitis. I don't want him to overwork himself or anything.

He should be a millionaire.

He deserves it! Especially, since he is putting fourth extra work into this. He's trying to be immortal as he is showing that off already, but he should go at a normal pace too to keep his heath in check.

A second set of 140 challenges? Who wants more?

Oh I do. Let's have us some Lucas and Mewto based challenges. Maybe something to highlight Mewtwo's resemblance to Giygas.

Also in terms of new modes, I hope it's team battle, where you can play each stock as a different character. Plenty of fighting games have a mode like that. It's fun to try and counterpick a team for a single match rather than having rounds.

Edited by Jotari

Also in terms of new modes, I hope it's team battle, where you can play each stock as a different character. Plenty of fighting games have a mode like that. It's fun to try and counterpick a team for a single match rather than having rounds.

If they implement a mode like this (which I hope they would), I'd like to be able to play it online (with friends, at the very least).

If they implement a mode like this (which I hope they would), I'd like to be able to play it online (with friends, at the very least).

Oh that's a given. I don't see why it would be restricted. Overall it'd be a very easy feature to implement. They already have certain event matches where you and/or your enemy both swap characters on defeat.

Edited by Jotari

Now that I've watched Donkey Country the animated series, I now have more appreciation for the ugly thing and I think it would be funny to see him in Smash, although I still see him very unlikely and many other characters greatly surpass him in today's relevance.

I recommend that all of you watch Donkey Kong Country when you have the chance, totally worth it.

Edited by Rabbattack

Now that I've watched Donkey Country the animated series, I now have more appreciation for the ugly thing and I think it would be funny to see him in Smash, although I still see him very unlikely and many other characters greatly surpass him in today's relevance.

I recommend that all of you watch Donkey Kong Country when you have the chance, totally worth it.

What's the ugly thing? Does it have a name?