SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(psst)

(hey, you. yes, you - I am talking to you)

(do you remember all the whining about custom villager???)

(well, do I have something for you!)

NinjaLink just spent 6+ hours, on stream, demonstrating how to deal with custom villager with every character in the game.

Apparently. I haven't watched it yet, myself.

http://www.twitch.tv/ninjalink/c/6678507

Oh yeah, after I started training my Ike Amiibo in Smash Wii U, I happened to unlock Duck Hunt Dog and finally get all the characters. XD So I then did All-Star on Hard with Ike and unlocked the Black Knight trophy! ^^ Brought my number of unlocked challenges to 61. Some of these are nuts though. lol

Edited by Anacybele

That's genuinely surprising. I thought unlocking every character would be the primary goal of every Smash player, especially those who actively post and discuss the game on an online forum.

Guess I was wrong.

Walked into GameStop yesterday in the unlikely hope of finding a GameCube Controller Adapter.

Walked out with Ike Amiibo. Felt good!

That's genuinely surprising. I thought unlocking every character would be the primary goal of every Smash player, especially those who actively post and discuss the game on an online forum.

Guess I was wrong.

Well there was a guy who tried desperately not to unlock Dark Pit. His commitment was hilarious.

so I just watched the grand finals of that houston(?) tourney that trela took with mii swordfighter, and it says that one of the casters is "knife"

knife is that you or some other knife?

for those interested, vid is https://youtu.be/fw_beJk_1lY

Edited by Euklyd

Guess I was wrong.

...Er, no, mine was unlocking a lot of challenges and becoming a skilled player. Besides, I've also been playing other games and doing other things too. A lot of Pokemon, for instance. :P

EDIT: And the tier list puts Mii Swordfighter at the dirt bottom (last spot)?! Dang, I guess there isn't much of a gap between tiers this time...

Edited by Anacybele

Oh yeah, guys. Funny thing I noticed awhile back after I did Classic mode with Ike (or was it All-Star? One of them). In his victory video clip, there's a segment where he's holding out a "flower" (Lip's Stick) to Palutena. Ship Ike x Palutena (or maybe Ike x Elincia due to Palutena somewhat resembling the latter) much, Sakurai? XD I do kinda like the pair myself. lol

Hey Ana,

Also, a bit of trivia. Ike's victory movie when he clears Classic or All-Star has a clip of him showing a Lip's Stick to Palutena. Lip's Stick is a flower and Palutena vaguely resembles Elincia, imo. Ship Ike x Elincia much, Sakurai? XD

It IS a familiar post now that I think about it. :P

And Red Fox, I've always had a keen eye. I'm a pairing nut. And I started playing Ike right away when I got Smash Wii U/3DS. lol

Edited by Anacybele

EDIT: And the tier list puts Mii Swordfighter at the dirt bottom (last spot)?! Dang, I guess there isn't much of a gap between tiers this time...

trela is also just suuuuuper good

Partially incorrect. Mii Swordfighter has a very hard hitting hoohah and his default up b is very easy to spike with if you know how to use it. Look into it more.

I definitely agree

I'm just kinda tired of people talking about how everything is so close the moment a top player does well with a low-tier

(although to be fair I do think things really are pretty close, at least right now. y'know, with my opinion that is definitely knowledgeable and informed)

I definitely agree

I'm just kinda tired of people talking about how everything is so close the moment a top player does well with a low-tier

(although to be fair I do think things really are pretty close, at least right now. y'know, with my opinion that is definitely knowledgeable and informed)

I hate that people are right in their assumptions but wrong in their basis for assuming!

I hate that people are right in their assumptions but wrong in their basis for assuming!

yeah okay let me rephrase that

I hate that people think that just because one player does well with a low-tier, it means that character is suddenly good

not only is it a silly assumption, but it also cheapens the victory, and downplays the player skill needed to accomplish it

it's not at all impossible for a more skilled player using a genuinely worse character to beat less skilled players using top tiers

e: and it's still not that close

things are pretty close, relatively, which is what I was trying to say, but there's still definite disparities between characters, some of which are pretty large

Edited by Euklyd