SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went Ike, realized the patches weren't in, still won, then went Sonic and won everything else too.

Like, Version 1.0.0?

*flashback to 3DS Rosalina days*

Speaking of patches, guys, I think Smashboards might've missed an actual change to Luigi. Either that, or Corrin just has weird air physics. I recalled that I used Luigi in this one match with someone here (I can't remember who, I think it was Dai) and they used Corrin. I was able to trap Corrin in Luigi's u-tilt for a really long time and rack up a lot of damage. I wasn't able to do this to anyone before, only get in a few hits before the knockback let them dodge out of it. So either Luigi got decreased knockback on his u-tilt or like I said, Corrin has weird air physics. xP

Speaking of patches, guys, I think Smashboards might've missed an actual change to Luigi. Either that, or Corrin just has weird air physics. I recalled that I used Luigi in this one match with someone here (I can't remember who, I think it was Dai) and they used Corrin. I was able to trap Corrin in Luigi's u-tilt for a really long time and rack up a lot of damage. I wasn't able to do this to anyone before, only get in a few hits before the knockback let them dodge out of it. So either Luigi got decreased knockback on his u-tilt or like I said, Corrin has weird air physics. xP

He was possibly shifting towards you with his DI (Directional influence) which allows Luigi to get even more hits when done incorrectly.

http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-4-patch-notes.430023/

Still lists No changes as of right now for Weegee.

Oh, yeah, maybe... I just thought it was odd how that happened.

You could be right and Corrin could have weird falling physics, I'm just going off of what I think could have happened.

Or maybe we're oddly both right at the same time :P:

Ha, maybe. lol Dai might be able to sorta answer the question since I believe he was the one I was playing against, but it doesn't appear that he's around atm. :P

Ha, maybe. lol Dai might be able to sorta answer the question since I believe he was the one I was playing against, but it doesn't appear that he's around atm. :P

We played three matches, all three of them Corrin dittos. Unfortunately, I can't help on your answer about Weegee. XD

I actually don't know how to DI anyway

So I just became a DLCwhore and spent USD 50 to get all fighters and stages except for Pirate Ship, and must say that I like Corrin and Bayo so much.

Btw I'm having sort of trouble at doing After Burner Kick downwards. Most of the time I trigger Witch Time or do the upward Kick, any tips from you, Jedi Master? Or anyone

Edited by Quintessence

I literally cried laughing, but ok... real talk.

Seriously, I agree. A vertical counter... really needs more thought. This isn't Melee, so a lot of stuff comes down to strings. IF you get to excited against juggling a corrin, you'll die.

Like rewarding an opponent for getting punis-... Right... Samus...

Da power creep doh in 'pay for characters' doh. There I said. Move on.

Da power creep doh in 'pay for characters' doh. There I said. Move on.

To be honest, it's not that they intentionally make the DLC characters better, it's more like they a better idea of the way the game and characters works, and the DLC characters are benefitted from it.

make DLC characters good.

I spent additional $ on them

They lack custom moves

Why should I be stuck with a generic not-so-flashy PC? I'm not gonna pay $$ for another Zelda ripoff. I want my $5+ to go to something good

And here I thought that knockback was because I gave Kamui a lot of attack-raising equipment. It also seems to last rather long, I got countered several times when I thought it's duration was over.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh, awesome, I looked it up:

"I'm 10 years too early to post this, but they left in an Easter Egg from the first Bayonetta that references Virtua Fighter.

Bayonetta would sometimes yell out something in Japanese when she defeated the final angel of a verse using the reverse punch move. The move is from Virtua Fighter and is performed by Akira. His infamous line from the game, when translated is "You're ten years too early!""

Thanks for telling me, I would never have guessed...!

Juu'nen Hayain Dayo!

*Blares Ride the Tiger*

I said it earlier in the thread actually lol.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40818&page=1226#entry4215395

Also:

"As a Sega game, Bayonetta uses this if she finishes a fight with a Tetsuzankou and gets a Pure Platinum rank for it. "--TVTropes

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Juu'nen Hayain Dayo!

*Blares Ride the Tiger*

I said it earlier in the thread actually lol.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40818&page=1226#entry4215395

Also:

"As a Sega game, Bayonetta uses this if she finishes a fight with a Tetsuzankou and gets a Pure Platinum rank for it. "--TVTropes

Whoops, my bad!

I didn't click on that link before because I was in a rush at the time and never got back to it.

Sorry!

To be honest, it's not that they intentionally make the DLC characters better, it's more like they a better idea of the way the game and characters works, and the DLC characters are benefited from it.

Well- Yeah. But characters on the original roster lose their superiority or fun. The power creep is still there, because you gotta pay money for these new features for new characters, something broke players can't afford or something that outdoes the rest of the cast.

I mean. Mewtwo 1st. Mewtwo was the same as the rest of the cast. Then Lucas, then Roy, then Ryu just got more moves. The power creep stopped there I guess. Because Cloud was good, but to a degree. Cuz, recovery and lag (No different than L. Mac). Tho, Ryu, is very hard to use and has high reward among being among the top tiers. Like Sheik, but not as high as Sheik.

These last two DLC characters seem very competitive based. Zero to deaths, amazing neutral games, incredible damaging combo's, powerful counters. They have it all. These characters almost seem Melee based to me. We wanted Marth to be close to Melee Marth, but we don't need Marth anymore, we can just pay for Melee Marth now.

Well- Yeah. But characters on the original roster lose their superiority or fun. The power creep is still there, because you gotta pay money for these new features for new characters, something broke players can't afford or something that outdoes the rest of the cast.

I mean. Mewtwo 1st. Mewtwo was the same as the rest of the cast. Then Lucas, then Roy, then Ryu just got more moves. The power creep stopped there I guess. Because Cloud was good, but to a degree. Cuz, recovery and lag (No different than L. Mac). Tho, Ryu, is very hard to use and has high reward among being among the top tiers. Like Sheik, but not as high as Sheik.

These last two DLC characters seem very competitive based. Zero to deaths, amazing neutral games, incredible damaging combo's, powerful counters. They have it all. These characters almost seem Melee based to me. We wanted Marth to be close to Melee Marth, but we don't need Marth anymore, we can just pay for Melee Marth now.

Next month a nintendo direct where Sakurai reveals one more DLC character. Melee Fox. A version of Fox you have to pay for that has all the exact same attacks and physics as melee, wave dashes and all!

Edited by Jotari

the dlc characters aren't broken or pay to win (imo). Bayonetta's frame data is horrible and her combos are escapable for the most part, and Corrin has issues against shields and is pretty slow.

They're both still good yes, but it would be kind of a letdown if they were release Mewtwo tier.

Edited by General Horace