SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

..I'm not sure I get that

The only times I would use the cstick for smashes is when I wanted to be sure I got it off as soon as possible.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like using c stick because:

I can completely control aerial momentum

I don't have to use the anologue stick for everything, making Reverse Aerial Rush approaches and wavedash Fsmashes easier.

If I recall correctly, smash attacks can't be charged with the C-stick, for what it's worth.

You can actually. You just have to press and hold the A button while tilting the C-stick at the same time. It's just awkward for many because of positioning the thumb on the C-stick and one of your right hand fingers on the A button.

Edited by kingddd

Don't you technically download the event Pokémon and items and all in Pokémon games? I mean, it's free, but still.

Yes, that technically is DLC, but most people are fine with that because it's free and it's always additional stuff that's not needed to beat the game.

Pokemon will never have any paid DLC proper, because director Junichi Masuda has stated to be very against it.

You can actually. You just have to press and hold the A button while tilting the C-stick at the same time. It's just awkward for many because of positioning the thumb on the C-stick and one of your right hand fingers on the A button.

actually you can do it with the Z button too

Does anybody think DACUS or any variations of it will return? It could be a big blow to characters like Falco or Snake that really liked its utility if it doesn't.

Dash Attack Cancelled Up Smash. When you see Snakes sliding across the screen and think WTF, that's what it is.

So far, no one seems to be able to do one.

Edited by Knife

Yes, that technically is DLC, but most people are fine with that because it's free and it's always additional stuff that's not needed to beat the game.

Pokemon will never have any paid DLC proper, because director Junichi Masuda has stated to be very against it.

Technically, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity did have Paid DLC.

But, I wondered if they might add some newcomers and/or vertans might appear as a DLC also for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.

Edited by King Marth 64

I don't know. I think your argument is too much theory and very little evidence, specially when you start arguing that PT is an exception and that Charizard partially counts for him, when in the grand scheme of things it DOES go against your theory.

I mean, let's look at some facts:

- With Roy being in FE13, Lucas is effectively the ONLY character in the Smash roster that's Japan-only in his own series. And even though you could argue Roy being in FE13 doesn't count, remember most people aren't betting on Roy's return.

- Earthbound/Mother is by all means a dead series. This is fact, as Shigesato Itoi stated he's not ever making a Mother 4 (although he's open to someone else taking over). You could argue that this may change, but as it stands right now, Mother as a series is over.

- Mother is a series with three games (out of which only one was localized) yet it has two characters in Smash. Proportionally speaking, that's quite a lot. People argue Sakurai favors Kirby and Kid Icarus (understandably), but in reality I think he favors Mother more, which is also understandable, considering the series was originally developed by HAL Labs.

When you put all that together, I think one can make a clear case on why Lucas may not come back. And again, I want to make it clear that I WANT Lucas to return. He was one of my mains in Brawl and I preferred him over Ness. But I'll be damned if I didn't think his returning chances are muddy. Of all the possible veterans (excluding the obvious Melee clones), he's definitely the one I'm worried about the most. The only thing Lucas has going for him is his Smash fanbase and his position as a veteran, regardless of whether he's a starter or not.

Which this is why that the series will never get more than two reps.

Well, I still believe Lucas will stay. There's also the fact that that one rumor I heard so long ago is still holding true, that Snake, ROB, and Pokémon Trainer would be the only cuts. It's looking pretty much as legit as the Gematsu leak at the moment.

Lucas being in the last game is what got fobby.net to develop the translation to Mother 3 which was a complete spin off the moment that we've touched it!

Snake getting cut would be horrible. :/

He will.
It doesn't say on the title screen when I went there that there was no mention of Koonami on the title screen.

I don't know why people are saying Captain Falcon is gone when the FREAKING SAMURAI GOROH ASSIST TROPHY EXIST!

More than proof enough for his return.

He's working out and training with Wii Fit Trainer. FEEL THE BURN!!

Maybe. :D

Putting it like that is ridiculous. The only significant guess from Gematsu was Wii Fit Trainer. Everything else was obvious, too general, or can be summed up as a fairly lucky guess (like Megaman). Wait for Chorus Men before singing the praises of Gematsu.

I can understand people starting to believe the leak, but you all really need to stop parading it around like it's 100% confirmed.

And ROB is not going to be cut. It surprises me that people expect that at all. If ROB gets cut, I'll be extremely surprised.

People win the lottery. Someone can get lucky with some Smash newcomer guesses.

We love R.O.B. Without his existence, we wouldn't be playing videogames unless your in Japan, or import.

My laptop recently stopped working AGAIN (and with the exact same problem it had six months ago that I got it repaired for), so I'm forced to borrow my mom's PC.

I feel your pain, sister.
I've been through that twice last year.

Sakurai never ruled out DLC entirely, but he said it wasn't being worked on right now. Which makes sense, because do we really want to hear that he has DLC planned months before the game is even out yet?

He clearly stated already that we aren't going to be getting any DLC.

“At the current time we have no plans. I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it’s the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards.”

Well Capcom is helping them make the game. And we know Capcom's pattern with DLC. We can have a repeat of this:

Angry Joe is awesome! He's one of the folks that I watch on youtube. :D

Its been leaked that DLC is happening.

See this...

"Leaked."

Personally, I believe no leak that claims DLC will happen for this game.

^

Nintendo isn't the type of company to do "Day one DLC". Sakurai makes sure that everyone gets the full game available to them on disc.

That has already been proven.

If it's free (like the Mario Kart 8 DLC and Awakening Spotpass stuff), by all means, they can put in all the DLC they want to.

^Your arrogance is astounding.

I hope so.
Please change your mind, Sakurai.

And obviously, Fire Emblem Awakening had a large amount of DLC, and Pikmin 3 had a pretty substantial DLC offering, plus Mario Golf and Mario Kart 8 are coming out with some DLC as well. Nintendo is not shy about DLC and they've already announced Amiibo, so I don't doubt Smash Bros will have DLC. I just wouldn't count on them talking about any of it until the game is out, and it more than likely will not be on-disc DLC like Capcom does.

Right.
Amiibo is the DLC for Super Smash Bros 4.

Technically, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity did have Paid DLC.

But, I wondered if they might add some newcomers and/or vertans might appear as a DLC also for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.

Yeah, but he mostly meant the mainline series.

Nice PotD explaining one of Pac-Man's moves. I wonder how every fruit will differ from each other.

It's rather funny that Mother 1 didn't make it even though the game was all about our country. It would have probably sold better in America than in Japan if we have got it. Like Punch Out sold better in our area due to it being all about our country. Since Little Mac is from New York. He's one of our popular smash characters after all. Only Mother 1 and 2's translations were official. But...they did their best to the third one to make it a spin off like the other two.

About the C stick: The magic from it isnt being able to use "Quick Smash attack", its being able to use aerials with total movement freedom, as you can stick to one direction and do an aerial without losing it. So I dont really "care much" about chargind the smash with C, after all very few situations you are going to charge a smash, because they can easily dodge/shield and punish you.

As DLC? Sakurai isnt very fond of the idea, but moooney is mooney and Capcom DLC philosophy has hit hard the videogame industry, but if it does I hope they are skins or something, plus the balancing issues with patches he can do, which would be awesome btw.

And DACUS isnt coming back, at least demo wise they said it was impossible to perform along many other techniques

If I recall correctly, smash attacks can't be charged with the C-stick, for what it's worth.

You can, but you have to press and hold an Attack button too. I set my R trigger (the one I dont shield with) to Attack back when DACUS was first discovered.

Old vid of me practicing Snake, you can see DACUS at around 0:08

Since DLC was mentioned in the Gematsu leaker's third email, I think considering the possibility is interesting. We could have returns of previously cut characters (looking at Mewtwo and Roy specifically) and new characters too.

The third email also said that there was a debate over who to cut, Ness or Lucas, and that they're leaning towards cutting Lucas. Some called this out immediately as fake because they finalized the roster in 2012 and they wouldn't be making new characters this far into development, but there's a possibility that maybe NoA has already made both characters, and they're gonna make one of them DLC.

I'm curious, who else is kinda bothered that the 3DS Smash will only have two songs per stage?

It's a bummer, but w/e. They did state it was due to hardware limitations, so we can't be too mad at them.

I'm bummed about the 3DS music as well, since that's always one of my favorite things about Smash Bros, but I can deal until December or whatever.

^ Holy crap, that is a great song choice. Sounds really fitting for the Coliseum and just like a great track in general.

I'm curious, who else is kinda bothered that the 3DS Smash will only have two songs per stage?

As long as the Wii U version still has a ton of music, I'm fine. The 3DS version has less storage space to make use of anyway. Yes, Brawl in its entirety is about 7 GB and a 3DS card can hold 8 GB (both of these numbers are from earlier in this thread, I think), and not having an SSE equivalent with cutscenes opens up a lot of space. If that STILL wasn't enough and they had to cut a lot of music, too, imagine how much new content there must be compared to Brawl (hopefully).

Edited by ClevelandSteve

RD imo has the best soundtracks overall in the series and The Devoted suits the stage really well, yet the series in general has great tracks like FE4's for instance. For the 3DS FE stage there's Id (Purpose), which is nice but imo Fate/Destiny would've been better o3o

Just saying, tho

As long as the Wii U version still has a ton of music, I'm fine. The 3DS version has less storage space to make use of anyway. Yes, Brawl in its entirety is about 7 GB and a 3DS card can hold 8 GB (both of these numbers are from earlier in this thread, I think), and not having an SSE equivalent with cutscenes opens up a lot of space. If that STILL wasn't enough and they had to cut a lot of music, too, imagine how much new content there must be compared to Brawl (hopefully).

I think it's been confirmed that the Wii U version will have several songs per stage, like in Brawl.