SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

If Robin isn't a lord, then can I say Micaiah isn't one either? She has less relevance in RD than Robin does in Awakening, yet both give game overs when they're beat, have unique class lines (not counting Morgan or Katarina in Awakening), and both are forced units.

I consider Robin to be a lord and more of a main character of Awakening than Lucina.

A lord normally is qualified as someone who is forced in every chapter they are, have a unique/semi-unique class, and most importantly can seize, even if in Awakening there are no seize mission.

Edited by Deino

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except I don't recall there being any seize chapters in Awakening. So by your logic, Chrom isn't a lord either. :P

Damn didn't edit the post fast enough.

Also, I don't count seizing anymore. Geoffrey of all people can seize for a chapter or two in RD, but nobody calls him a lord. lol

So a lord is a character that is a forced unit in chapters that they are used in, is used for the majority of the game, gives a game over when they're killed, and has a unique/semi-unique class. Lucina is a weird case though. She's a lord, but at the same time, she isn't because she doesn't meet all of this criteria.

But yeah, I don't see any actual non-lords getting in Smash.

Edited by Anacybele

MU is only forced in a handful of chapters. Miccy is forced in every chapter she's involved with.

Judging by the Mother 3/Lucas thing, I'm guessing I'm the only one here who's beaten or even played Mother 3. How sad for me, to be the only Mother fan around right now.

I loved Lucas and his character in Mother 3. He had some amazing character growth, and his unique PSI was an amazing spell for damage and crowd control. I prefer Kumatora, but that doesn't matter right now. I want hom back simply for ample Mother representation, but I certainly don't want Ninten >_>. Ness was Ninten done right.

My favorite Zelda is Skyward Sword, with Wind Waker. and Link Between Worlds trailing.

If I made it past Snowhead in Majora's Mask, I'm sure I'd love it. >_>

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/233405-nintendo-teasing-a-few-special-surprises-for-smash-bros-at-comic-con

Guess we're getting another newcomer this month? Outside of Shulk, the only thing I care about at this point is seein the WU version's exclusive mode.

If it's anything, I find it pretty doubtful that it would be a newcomer.

If it's anything, I find it pretty doubtful that it would be a newcomer.

Another Reggie appearance then. I know I'm over-hyping myself, but I kinda wish they'd word these announcements a little differently.

Judging by the Mother 3/Lucas thing, I'm guessing I'm the only one here who's beaten or even played Mother 3. How sad for me, to be the only Mother fan around right now.

I loved Lucas and his character in Mother 3. He had some amazing character growth, and his unique PSI was an amazing spell for damage and crowd control. I prefer Kumatora, but that doesn't matter right now. I want hom back simply for ample Mother representation, but I certainly don't want Ninten >_>. Ness was Ninten done right.

I've played and beaten Mother 3. It's a good game, but there's no denying the fact that it wasn't as popular in Japan as it is in the US (which is odd, because Japan was the reason it was actually released in), and Mother 3 is one game where Nintendo definitely doesn't care about the western fanbase since nearly all of us played it illegitimately (unless you played a Japanese copy on a Japanese GBA). Also, I've heard that the game's creator is viewed as a "washed-up, talentless hack" due to that game, and he confirmed that he's never making another Mother game (though he did say he'd be fine with someone else continuing the series).

Basically, the Mother series is deader than F-Zero, so Lucas is very vulnerable (though I personally think he will be back).

Also, I've heard that the game's creator is viewed as a "washed-up, talentless hack" due to that game, and he confirmed that he's never making another Mother game (though he did say he'd be fine with someone else continuing the series)

The rest of your post makes sense, but I just can't see how people could think this. I mean, it's always possible that the Japanese translation was a lot less interesting than Tomato's, but it's still shocking. I have M3 in my top 5 list of video games.

Brown? TP Zelda always looked dirty blonde to me. Except in Brawl, where they made her more brunette for some reason...

Well, she does have blond highlights, but in Brawl, they did make her hair a bit darker than it was in Twilight Princess.

[spoiler=TP Zelda]1ytu7l.png

imo, SSB4 found the perfect hair color for Zelda. If they had gone with Skyward Sword Zelda, I would have died. I'm personally not a fan of that design, but it might just be the art style. Cel-shaded? (It was kind of a mixture). I prefer TP's art style.

I also don't know what the Mother fanbase thinks of non-Brawl Lucas so I can't comment on the matter much.

I can't speak for the popularity of the character himself but from what I've seen Mother fans generally hold Mother 2 and 3 almost equally. Most fans love both but with a slight preference to one or the other.

Sad how Nintendo pretty much treats Mother and F-Zero like crap these days. Especially with Mother, it seems like the fans take charge of projects more than Nintendo themselves, with translations of Mother 1 and 3, and a fanmade Mother 4 coming pretty soon. And Nintendo hasn't publicly acknowledged Mother 3 outside of a Robot Chicken joke. With all the success of Mario Kart and other racing games, I actually have no idea why a new F-Zero hasn't come into fruition. I'd love to see the Falcon get his own game again.

The rest of your post makes sense, but I just can't see how people could think this. I mean, it's always possible that the Japanese translation was a lot less interesting than Tomato's, but it's still shocking. I have M3 in my top 5 list of video games.

Yeah, it seemed weird when I heard it, too. I wouldn't go so far as saying Mother 3 is in my Top 5, but I do like it better than Earthbound (which I also like). Granted, my source is TV Tropes, so I'm not sure if it's entirely accurate.

I want to believe it is trolling.

But it is Gamefaqs...

The hell are you talking about?

You obviously unlock Captain Falcon by beating Lunatic+ on Classic 69 times in a row without getting a game over.

Well, from what I've read up, the reason is because the Mother serie's creator, Shigesato Itoi, while popular over there, he's not because of game design, it's not even his main profession, from what I remember, which made many in Japan to play it only because Itoi made it. Or something like that, the gist of it is that it was played more for it's creator than because of the games themselves, or so.

Well, from what I've read up, the reason is because the Mother serie's creator, Shigesato Itoi, while popular over there, he's not because of game design, it's not even his main profession, from what I remember, which made many in Japan to play it only because Itoi made it. Or something like that, the gist of it is that it was played more for it's creator than because of the games themselves, or so.

Apparently when Itoi pitched the idea of Mother to Miyamoto, Miyamoto's reaction was so bad that Itoi cried. There's lots of fan speculation over whether or not it was his genuine reaction to the game, or if Nintendo was sick of greenlighting garbage games just because famous people made them, and so they were harsh on Itoi for it despite the actual idea.

Until we play the game and draw our own conclusions on Marth and Lucina's movesets, all we have to go for is Sakurai's word. If Sakurai tells us Marth and Lucina have the same properties sans the sword tipper, then that's the official word and what we "know" of the matter.

I'm just saying I think assuming that they are the same until we know otherwise is taking his words too literally. Whether you think they'll be similar or different, we can't know HOW they're different until we have more information, that's all. I'm just saying there's no reason to assume one way or the other.

I liked Skyward Sword...I even liked Fi. Yes, I know she got annoying, but she never bothered me TOO much.

Fi had some redeeming qualities, like her endearing loyalty and her cute little dances when powering up the sword or whatever, but it was hard not to let the other things ruin her for me, personally. 'Master, the batteries in your wii remote are running low.' 'Master, there is a large boulder ahead, 85% chance of success removing it from the path by blowing it up with bombs.' 'Master, congealed microscopic ice crystals appear to be drifting down from the upper atmosphere. Warm clothing is recommended to retain the body heat necessary to function.' CHRIST FI CANIPLAYTHEGODDAMNGAMEORDOYOUJUSTWANTMETOLETYOUPLAYITFORMEJEEZUS

*...ahem* So yes. I did not care much for Skyward Sword, personally. However, I will give it credit for still being creative in the day and age where Mario games get reused and rehashed so often (was trying to think of a funny analogy but I got nothin'). At least it lacks one of the two cardinal sins of modern Nintendo games (the other being a severe case of the hand-holdies, which... well....) And you know what, I respect the people who are thick-skinned enough not to let things like that ruin a game for them.
Still, WW and MM are the best Zeldas in my book. And I did like TP, though it's not fantastic or anything .3. might be something in there about having a partner who's not terribly obnoxious for once (though Fi made me appreciate Navi loads by comparison)
Edited by BANRYU