SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

And let's not forget that nearly every Zelda game features a different Link from the previous ones, yet our Link(s) is still meant to represent them all.

Except you can't possibly have MM's Skull Kid represent TP's, as like I said, they are ENTIRELY different. Each Link is not as different from one another. Plus, he's the main fucking protagonist. Skull Kid is a very minor character. Vaati's three appearances are more notable than his three.

He was A villain in OoT and TP. And my point was to show that he was in more than one game.

No, he wasn't. He gave you Heart Pieces in OoT and in TP, he granted you entrance to where the Master Sword and Temple of Time are. I hardly call that a villain.

And how can MM's Skull Kid be the same one in TP when both live in different DIMENSIONS?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except you can't possibly have MM's Skull Kid represent TP's, as like I said, they are ENTIRELY different. Each Link is not as different from one another. Plus, he's the main fucking protagonist. Skull Kid is a very minor character. Vaati's three appearances are more notable than his three.

Do you know what you're saying?

Each Link has a different design but many of the same characteristics. The exact same can be said of Skull Kid.

No, he wasn't. He gave you Heart Pieces in OoT and in TP, he granted you entrance to where the Master Sword and Temple of Time are. I hardly call that a villain.

I think he meant MM.

And how can MM's Skull Kid be the same one in TP when both live in different DIMENSIONS?

Lol, they are literally on the same timeline. Check the Zelda timeline.

Ana, please just stop trying to shoot down someone else's character wants/choices. We get you don't like him. Please don't put this in our faces.

She didn't start it. Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Ana, please just stop trying to shoot down someone else's character wants/choices. We get you don't like him. Please don't put this in our faces.

I fail to see how I'm doing any of this. I'm debating a point and adding my two cents. That's all.

EDIT: TP takes place in Hyrule. MM takes place in Termina, a place confirmed to be a parallel dimension of Hyrule. Like Lorule is to Hyrule in ALBW. MM Skull Kid and TP Skull Kid can't be one in the same, especially when they look VERY different.

Edited by Anacybele

Play the games. In OoT if you visit him as an adult he'll attack you and you can attack him back and kill him. In TP he sends his puppets to attack you. He may help you at some points, but he also plays a villain at other points in the game.

Chronologically TP takes place in the same universe as OoT and MM. He COULD be the same character.

Play the games. In OoT if you visit him as an adult he'll attack you and you can attack him back and kill him. In TP he sends his puppets to attack you. He may help you at some points, but he also plays a villain at other points in the game.

How about you play the games? Skull Kid attacks adult Link because he doesn't like adults. Navi says so herself. TP Skull Kid sends his goons after Link to test him. It's obvious.

TP is in the same timeline, yes, but not in the same dimension. Termina is a parallel dimension, I believe Hyrule Historia even says this.

Edited by Anacybele

How about you play the games? Skull Kid attacks adult Link because he doesn't like adults. Navi says so herself. TP Skull Kid sends his goons after Link to test him. It's obvious.

TP is in the same timeline, yes, but not in the same dimension. Termina is a parallel dimension, I believe Hyrule Historia even says this.

Ergo, he is a villain.

It's strongly implied that Skull Kid can freely travel between Hyrule and Termina. This is actually mentioned in MM itself, and there are many other hints that support the theory, like the fact every version of Skull Kid knows Saria's Song, and that MM Skull Kid recognizes Link from before the events of MM.

He's an assist trophy, so no, I don't think we're reaching very far.

Assist trophy, not a playable character, which is what I was under the impression you guys were wonder-fucking over.

Either way, I've never really held the smash roster choices in high regards, so I'm just gonna go back to eating my pizza instead, pardon my brief intrusion.

Ergo, he is a villain.

It's strongly implied that Skull Kid can freely travel between Hyrule and Termina. This is actually mentioned in MM itself, and there are many other hints that support the theory, like the fact every version of Skull Kid knows Saria's Song, and that MM Skull Kid recognizes Link from before the events of MM.

Sigh... Why do I even bother. We're not going to agree, so I'm just going to stop here.

Skull Kid isn't going to be playable anyway, since as stated before, he's an assist trophy. I've never seen any implications that Skull Kid could freely travel between dimensions though.

Sigh... Why do I even bother. We're not going to agree, so I'm just going to stop here.

Skull Kid isn't going to be playable anyway, since as stated before, he's an assist trophy. I've never seen any implications that Skull Kid could freely travel between dimensions though.

The Skull Kid in MM is already confirmed as the same one in OoT, so he clearly traversed "dimensions" once. (Proof: at the end of MM, he says, “You have the same smell as the fairy kid who taught me that song in the woods…” which refers to Link teaching him Saria's song). Also, he was banished from Termina once before by the four giants, meaning he once left Termina and then came back.

As small additional bits, TP Skull Kid knows Saria's song and teleports.

To be honest I really wished they just give Ganondorf's moveset to Black Shadow and make Ganondorf have a unique moveset. It would at least resolve F-Zero having one new playable character. Too bad it won't happen.

The Skull Kid in MM is already confirmed as the same one in OoT, so he clearly traversed "dimensions" once. (Proof: at the end of MM, he says, “You have the same smell as the fairy kid who taught me that song in the woods…” which refers to Link teaching him Saria's song). Also, he was banished from Termina once before by the four giants, meaning he once left Termina and then came back.

As small additional bits, TP Skull Kid knows Saria's song and teleports.

Oh yeah, those are good points. I still wouldn't consider him a villain in OoT and TP though.

Skull Kid isn't going to be playable anyway, since as stated before, he's an assist trophy.

I've never seen any implications that Skull Kid could freely travel between dimensions though.

I NEVER debated Skull Kid's playable status. He wasn't even my top pick for a Zelda newcomer.

Well, the game STRONGLY implies that the Skull Kid from OoT is one in the same with the Skull Kid from MM, so the fact he can travel between dimensions can be inferred. A lot of stuff isn't outright told, but sometimes in games, specially Zelda games, you have to read between the lines. MM Skull Kid remembers Link as the kid that taught him Saria's Song, and TP Skull Kid knows the song too. It's easier to assume that Skull Kid is the same character in every game than to assume he isn't.

Oh yeah, those are good points. I still wouldn't consider him a villain in OoT and TP though.

That's just terminology nitpicking, lol. He's clearly an enemy in TP (considered a mini-boss). His role in OoT is simply different depending on whether you're child or adult Link.

At the end of the day, I don't think whether or not he could be considered a villain in OoT or TP, or if the TP Skull Kid is the same as/descended from the one in OoT/MM was any kind of deciding factor for Sakurai. Hypothetically, if he were playable, I think we can definitely say he'd be based off MM but could potentially have traits from OoT and TP.

Yeah, I suppose. I still didn't ever like him as a character though. I found him either boring (MM), or annoying (TP) basically. xP So I guess I might have a bit of bias against him.

Edited by Anacybele

To be honest I really wished they just give Ganondorf's moveset to Black Shadow and make Ganondorf have a unique moveset. It would at least resolve F-Zero having one new playable character. Too bad it won't happen.

Who knows? It might *shrug* I've heard of more far-fetched ideas out of this thread lol.

This is why I stay away from this thread most of the time.

^

We devolve into pointlessly nitpicky terminology discussions way too easily in here.

(I say 'we' because half the time I have to hold myself back from wasting time by adding to it, and the other half, well...)

Edited by BANRYU

So negative, people can't have a conversation about characters without someone getting mad.

I kind of had this realization since the thread was started.

So the whole "possibly disappearing for 2 years from the internet for religious reasons" only helped me stay away from it. It's only recently that I've had a good time eating some popcorn from the sidelines when I myself don't get dragged into it by my own stupidity.

I'll just throw my two cents in.

Unless they have nothing to do with Nintendo, I don't really not want any character to get in.

The more the merrier!(also there are no set amount of character slots, so I don't see how anyone can be a waste of one)

I mean, if you don't like it, that's up to you, but there's nothing wrong with something like what just went down and no reason to complain about it. If you're going to stay away from the thread, simply do so. Comments like yours (SoC) only inject pointless negativity.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire