SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, true that. But at least I can play as the female at all, and that's good enough for me really.

If they hadn't put female avatar in, that would be a bit sexist, with the whole girls shouldn't fight thing, I know lucina is on their but shes more man than woman, even more so than her father (Chrom).

Edited by Serah Farron

I don't find Lucina to be that manly...

But somehow, I do find Marth's face to be more feminine than hers in this game. o_O

ha ha, I agree with the marth thing on another note she is just a clone of marth. in early development she was meant to be one of his costumes but she was made into her own character like shiek. I know I shouldn't say this but to support my earlier quotation she has a flat chest like a man, keep in mind shes 18!

Edited by Serah Farron

Speaking of details like that, I kinda don't like how it looks like they simply slapped female Robin's head onto male Robin's body. I can tell, because she has more chest in Awakening. Not a lot more, but still.

its called laziness, Nintendo has a lot of that in the final stages of game creation.

Yeah, true that. But at least I can play as the female at all, and that's good enough for me really.

If they hadn't put female avatar in, that would be a bit sexist, with the whole girls shouldn't fight thing, I know lucina is on their but shes more man than woman, even more so than her father (Chrom).

Forgive me for doubting your credibility Ana, but for someone that has remembered Ike using Aether at range 2 in either of his games, my trust for your Awakening "as I recall" is very low. ESPECIALLY considering I've had Awakening longer than most people here.

SSB4 art and models:

UZbBOc7.jpg

28TX5Td.pngtzGa58Y.png

Please tell me exactly where Robin's noticably bigger bust is.

qWzKxB7.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

Forgive me for doubting your credibility Ana, but for someone that has remembered Ike using Aether at range 2 in either of his games, my trust for your Awakening "as I recall" is very low. ESPECIALLY considering I've had Awakening longer than most people here.

SSB4 art and models:

UZbBOc7.jpg

28TX5Td.pngtzGa58Y.png

Please tell me exactly where Robin's noticably bigger bust is.

qWzKxB7.png

You seem to have a lot of evidence on your answer here

You seem to have a lot of evidence on your answer here

Time to drive it home.

xGClGA8.png

You can notice it in art because the shading... But not on the models on the 3ds.

Where's the hips?

As for people who are far more experienced at look at those models than me, there is evidence as they say from the shape and shading that there ARE boobs there. It is NOT a copy paste.

And why do I care about this? Because Awakening corrections.

How about you? Why do you care about this? To have a chance to complain and say "they're lazy"?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Sigh... Do you ALWAYS have to nitpick at EVERYTHING I say?

But fine, if you're so interested. Look at the shading on their shirts in the SSB4 art. It's exactly the same between both.

But look at the shading on their portraits in Awakening. It's different on female Robin's. To show that she has a bigger chest. Aka boobage.

That's all I'm saying on this matter, take it as you will.

EDIT: I don't count the 3D models as accurate. They lack feet for fuck's sake.

Edited by Anacybele

The shading on the ssb model is plenty enough to indicate the existence of breasts. It's loose fabric, that's how they work on moderate-sized boobs. I can't blame you too much when most media simply don't know how fabric and boobs interact and you're likely used to looking at that, but they actually did it right here.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Huh, well, I didn't notice any existence of breasts. But if they're there, I've nothing to complain about. So my bad. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Which is why your statements just to say "they're lazy" just get me worked up.

I am sorry to say, but sometimes you have to look at your "blatant statements".

I've told you many times, that's why I nitpick at what you say, ESPECIALLY about a game you are very vocal about but don't know the intricate details of. Especially when you're saying it without evidence.

You have it? POST IT.

I still love how you immediately resort to cursing like you're "tired of this".

Do you see me bothering anyone else? Look at the way you say things.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Wonder if he will also get female robin's hair if he does copy her. I'm gonna laugh if he doesn't.

Seeing as Kirby still got Wario's biker cap when he copied both versions of him, I'm guessing not. You can write it off as Kirby being male though, maybe...? Then again I'm guessing Kirby will get the female WFT's hair when he copies either of them, haha.

jbe5yxB5k03xD1.jpg

To be honest, I was kind of hoping Kirby would get Robin's hood instead of their hair, because he'd be absolutely adorable with a little hood on.

Yeah me too, but the white Robin hair is cute enough, I think.

its called laziness, Nintendo has a lot of that in the final stages of game creation.

Do NOT even make me fucking go off on you about the L-word again like I did with Refa.

Which is why your statements just to say "they're lazy" just get me worked up.
I am sorry to say, but sometimes you have to look at your "blatant statements".

I've told you many times, that's why I nitpick at what you say, ESPECIALLY about a game you are very vocal about but don't know the intricate details of. Especially when you're saying it without evidence.

You have it? POST IT.

I still love how you immediately resort to cursing like you're "tired of this".
Do you see me bothering anyone else? Look at the way you say things.

I'm with SoC here (at least about the laziness statements; I have no comment on the other topic). Some people need to be more careful when they're throwing around the allegations of laziness toward this game (whether implicit or explicit), because that just shows a huge amount of ignorance for the game development process as well as ungratefulness for the devs' hard work. Credit where credit is due, mother#$%^ers.

Edited by BANRYU

The game development process, especially for a big name title like this is harsh.

If they can take shortcuts that people wouldn't give a crap about? Why not?

For goodness sake, Lucina's model has the freaking BRAND in her eye, which you will probably never see in game in a match.

If they went with that level of detail, do you think they're going to simply copy paste a female head on a male model without at least tweaking it? Even if they COULD get away with that?

In fact, they probably DID copy paste the model and THEN tweaked it. Just like how the actual console title began by porting Brawl to the Wii U, as I've heard [citation needed].

Well, sorry! For fuck's sake, it didn't look to me like they tweaked male Robin's model any. I didn't mean that I don't appreciate Sakurai's hard work. He and his team remade Ike's model completely from scratch when they could have cut him from the game entirely. I freaking pulled a Frederick and cried tears of joy when my want for RD Ike in the game came true. I'm NOT dissing their hard work.

I don't get why you people are making such a big deal out of this.

Edited by Anacybele

Late response is late.

I am making no judgment calls on you as a person, only what I'm told by the fact that you think that. In any case, I'm glad you agree that being 'lazy' (though I still think that's a poor word choice, 'efficient' might be a better one) can be justifiable in instances like this.

And I like Megaman too, but I sort of understand why they did that despite. Aside from the fact that Megaman is a third-party, possibly guest-only franchise (like we're assuming Snake was), I could also justify the decision by making the argument that nothing else would be particularly iconic for the Megaman series. As far as environments go in the Megaman classic series, they're very diverse, sure, but I don't know that a lot of them are very immediately-recognizable for being in the series the way Wily's fortress is. Maybe I'm wrong, but I question if there is a single other environment in the Classic series that could be immediately recognizable as Megaman. So, (assuming Wily's castle is the only iconic image, and I'm not saying it is) should they have taken the time to model a different Wily Castle just for the 3DS stage? That'd be a waste of time and resources for not much of a change in impact, IMO-- all the Wily castles have the big'ol'skull and not a lot of other significant variation in appearance.

So yeah, it makes sense to me.

My bad then, guess I'm just too used to people agreeing with me. Probably poor word choice, but I mean clearly I didn't spend huge amounts of effort on that post lol.

They could have a stage from one of the handheld games, maybe even from a different series altogether (like the MMX highway).

It makes sense to me, too. I don't think Sakurai did it because he was like FUCK MEGA MAN (I say Sakurai but really I mean the entirety of the Smash 4 staff).

Edited by Refa

*completely ignoring the dumbest argument in a thread full of dumb arguments*

Yeah me too, but the white Robin hair is cute enough, I think.

It is cute, but imagine watching a little hooded Kirby shouting the Thunder names. I don't think I could handle that.

At least he gets Lucina's mask, that's pretty cute on him.

To be fair, I kind of agreed with Serah. But I was in no way trying to call Sakurai and his team lazy because of ONE minor detail.

Edited by Anacybele

To swoop in and say something that seems to be overlooked, Ana wasn't the one who said it was lazy. That was Serah.

The implication is there. For both of them.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The implication is there. For both of them.

Still no reason to go off on them. It's a pretty small detail that's really hard to notice if one isn't looking at the right screenshots.

Uh, Banryu, is there REALLY a need to bash everyone about it?

Maybe.

To anyone throwing the allegations of laziness around, I quote Sakurai from E3 in rhetorically asking: Have YOU ever made a game?

I know you didn't mean it maliciously or anything, but it's hard for that kind of carelessness (especially from Serah, who was particularly careless enough to outright say it) NOT to miff me a bit.

My bad then, guess I'm just too used to people agreeing with me. Probably poor word choice, but I mean clearly I didn't spend huge amounts of effort on that post lol.

They could have a stage from one of the handheld games, maybe even from a different series altogether (like the MMX highway).

I think it's perfectly fine if we disagree, so long as we're reasonable and respectful about it (I confess I'm not always the best about this either, but I continue to try). And aside from MM & Bass, what other handheld Megaman games even WERE there? So far as I know the majority of the classic series (because beyond the Final Smash, they seem to be set on using most things from the classic series) was never on handhelds besides MM&B, and that was never much of a huge title that anyone beyond the hardcore fans remembers.

It is cute, but imagine watching a little hooded Kirby shouting the Thunder names. I don't think I could handle that.

At least he gets Lucina's mask, that's pretty cute on him.

Can't argue with that o3o Mage Kirby, lul.

Edited by BANRYU

To anyone throwing the allegations of laziness around, I quote Sakurai from E3 in rhetorically asking: Have YOU ever made a game?

It is easy to criticize.

VERY easy.

It is a different beast altogether to criticize it via from the perspective of a game developer... which most of us here, are not.

However, you can at least try to be close to that by respecting the work and looking at the things they show CAREFULLY.

Then state your opinion.

Saying "that was lazy" without even properly looking at it and "recalling" a very small detail vaguely is something that WILL get people a little miffed... like me.

^^I don't think it's unreasonable to criticize from the perspective of a consumer. Don't disagree with whatever else you said, though.

They remade various stages from the first 5 NES games on the original Game Boy, plus Mega Man V which was a wholly original game. Also they remade the first game on the PSP. No other handheld games come to mind at the moment (oh right, Mega Man & Bass). I'd agree there aren't any stages that I can think off of the top of my head to use (actually a teleporter room where you could teleport to eight different stages or something would be really neat, but also probably too hard). However I can think of several more iconic handheld stages that are not a part of the original Mega Man series, which I'd prefer they'd use.

Edited by Refa