SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, am I the only one who likes the 3DS version more than the WiiU?

I can agree with this to a degree. Aside from the HD, I don't see much incentive for it. Prolly because there hasn't been much revealed about it, but even so, I'd like to play both versions

I can agree with this to a degree. Aside from the HD, I don't see much incentive for it. Prolly because there hasn't been much revealed about it, but even so, I'd like to play both versions

I mostly like the 3DS version more since I like to travel a lot. And this will cut the time for waiting.

I think it's interesting seeing how much fuel Sakurai is pouring into Kid Icarus considering he held his restraint on Kirby pretty well. Guess he doesn't feel that sense of creative bias with Kid Icarus as Kid Icarus wasn't his series, he just took it over recently. Most of it's fame is due to him, though so..

And Zelda is a much bigger series than Kid Icarus.

I find it odd that people complain about Fire Emblem being overrepresented when Kid Icarus is easily more overrepresented than Fire Emblem.

After it has been dead for 15 years.

what a fitting name it is, most Smash "fans" tend to just nitpick and whine out of entitlement nowadays

also Sakurai is the guy who made KIU sooooo it kind of figures there'd be at least two characters from it and one or two assists

like let him have his fun, it's his game and he's got the right and power to put in who he wants and he's not obligated to serve us

also thank goodness there aren't even more stage variations between 3DS/Wii U, it should mostly be the same stages, it's annoying that it's so different as it is

not to mention reusing assets mean the game comes out quicker and it's less boring ass work for them, i'd rather not have the game delayed for another year, been waiting long enough

Yes. That along with...
Having Lucina removed would take more time delaying the release for awhile longer which I don't mind. But since her development is complete, it's going to be annoying having her in. At least I can have my chance at knocking the tar out of her. XD
We'd rather not wait longer just for that though. Even though I'm patient as a Saint. We don't want to be showered with a mountain of complaints either after it's release after all.

The Pic of the Day two days ago (Robin casting Nosferatu) was about Sakurai saying:
Could this be sort of a hint of the next FE featuring another Avatar mastering all types of Magic including Dark? Or simply a mage lord with these characteristics?

Or is this irrelevant to the series .-.

Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series.
Even though realistically, you cannot attack enemies from behind in FE.

I do feel Kid Icarus is somewhat over-represented, though.

Especially, since it's died for so long.

I'm personally glad Keldeo is not in the game. I never liked it or Pokemon.

alternatively:

I'm personally glad Ghirahim is not in the game. I never liked him or Skyward Sword.

Actually, he is.
He's a Pokeball. Shown in the April E3 trailer direct.

Zelda actually got from it is Tingle (who consequently I would consider a better candidate for Smash than Skull Kid).

Having Tingle in would rofl shower complaints all over the west. xP

And let's not forget that nearly every Zelda game features a different Link from the previous ones, yet our Link(s) is still meant to represent them all.

Link now has six ancestors.
Zelda1 and 2(NES)/T.V Show-Original Link
The Original Link could shoot beams out of his sword, use Magic rods, and learning Magic like Zelda.
Zelda Lttp- Link2
Same as Original.
Zelda OOT and MM-Link3
Can control time!
Zelda Windwaker Phantom Hourglass-Link4
Controller of the weather.
Twilight Princess-Link5
Can take form considered to be a demi-human.
Skyward Sword-Link6
Unknown. Haven't touched it!

As small additional bits, TP Skull Kid knows Saria's song and teleports.

...And to think now on why that she gets a trophy and not Darunia and the others.

This is why I stay away from this thread most of the time.

I guess time to go back to Kingdom Hearts or Valkyria Chronicles.

Who knows? It might *shrug* I've heard of more far-fetched ideas out of this thread lol.

^

We devolve into pointlessly nitpicky terminology discussions way too easily in here.

(I say 'we' because half the time I have to hold myself back from wasting time by adding to it, and the other half, well...)

I didn't get what he was talking about until that you've pointed it out.

I mean, if you don't like it, that's up to you, but there's nothing wrong with something like what just went down and no reason to complain about it. If you're going to stay away from the thread, simply do so. Comments like yours (SoC) only inject pointless negativity.

It wouldn't be complete without some distress.

Edited by Bimbo

I mean, if you don't like it, that's up to you, but there's nothing wrong with something like what just went down and no reason to complain about it. If you're going to stay away from the thread, simply do so. Comments like yours (SoC) only inject pointless negativity.

I forgot, this isn't the FE4 thread.

I actually *LIKE* seeing discussion in here.

And the thread has had its moments.

It's just time and time again, the same thing keeps happening.

It ends up people throwing arguments to the same entusiastic person.

Can I really help but be a little tired of that?

Being passionate and clashing is one thing... but over one person's specific character preferences so many times?

Even the ignore function for the forum + adblock doesn't work because that's the entire discussion.

We devolve into pointlessly nitpicky terminology discussions way too easily in here.

(I say 'we' because half the time I have to hold myself back from wasting time by adding to it, and the other half, well...)

That is actually fun to read.

YES, I SAID THAT.

Other things? No.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Unfortunately, I've yet to hear that the 3DS version controls anything but god-awfully in comparison. Haven't checked back in a bit, though.

Unfortunately, I've yet to hear that the 3DS version controls anything but god-awfully in comparison. Haven't checked back in a bit, though.

worked fine for me when I played the 3DS demo.

I personally think the Y button should be the special moves, B button for standard and A for jump though.

Edited by kingddd

Personally it'd have been perfect for me if the L and R buttons were only switched.

I'm sure we'll have the ability to set our own button commands like in Brawl, though.

That is actually fun to read.

Why thank you good sir. I try

Personally I think RFoF has a lot of good points to make, so long as we're keeping the discussion to a sufficiently tolerable IQ level.

Edited by BANRYU

I'm sure we'll have the ability to set our own button commands like in Brawl, though.

It'd be horrible if you can't.

I honestly can't even figure out how my friend with his weird gamecube controls did it.

Y was attack. A was jump.

X was shield.

L was special.

Like what the fricking hell?

AND I'M THE GUY THAT PLAYED SMASH WITH DK BONGOS.

Link now has six ancestors.

Zelda1 and 2(NES)/T.V Show-Original Link
The Original Link could shoot beams out of his sword, use Magic rods, and learning Magic like Zelda.
Zelda Lttp- Link2
Same as Original.
Zelda OOT and MM-Link3
Can control time!
Zelda Windwaker Phantom Hourglass-Link4
Controller of the weather.
Twilight Princess-Link5
Can take form considered to be a demi-human.
Skyward Sword-Link6
Unknown. Haven't touched it!

...And to think now on why that she gets a trophy and not Darunia and the others.

I didn't get what he was talking about until that you've pointed it out.

It wouldn't be complete without some distress.

If you want to be technical about the term ancestor, Skyward Sword Link is the one with all the ancestors, as he appears first in the timeline (at the moment). Then it's Minish Cap Link. Four Swords Link. OoT Link. etc.

Out of curiosity, am I the only one who likes the 3DS version more than the WiiU?

I like the graphics better in 3DS version. They have a better handle on Lucina and Robin. I'll probably play it more as I play my 3DS the most out of any console by far.

Little late to the party (well I was there at the start but then I had to sleep),Saying Skull Kid from Majora's Mask is the same one as Ocarina of Time is a misnomer, there is more than one Skull Kid in Ocarina of Time. There's at least three. Skull Kid was a race akin to saying I wan't Goron in. Skull Kid isn't his name it's what he is. You also don't teach any of the Skull Kid's Saria's Song in Ocarina of Time. You can play it for one Skull Kid but that one already knows Saria's Song and gives you a piece of heart because it shows you're friends with her. He is also clearly a helpful role in Twilight Princess and not an antagonist. He summons puppets but never attacks directly and outright says it was all a game of hide and seek. The whole Link's are different people doesn't 'really help either since the Twilight Princess Skull Kid is different in pretty much everything but name. Size, shape, appearance, abilities, role. Nothing is similar except that the Ocarina of Time ones live in a forest.

Once again I don't mean to offend or insult anyone. I'm one of those foolish people who believe it's possible to argue without any negativity where people can respect each other's opinions. Yeah foolish.

Edited by Jotari

I'm not going to bother going into detail since I don't want the Skull Kid debate to continue, but I will mention that Tatl and Tael only refer to him as "Skull Kid," thus everyone else calls him that. If we didn't have names for gorons, we'd just call them gorons, but in this case there aren't many skulls kids and there's only one in MM anyway so saying "Skull Kid" makes it pretty obvious who is being talked about.

heh love the half eyed expression

iMDtOiR540zdq.png

speak of the 3DS screenshots, I can't download the highest res for the 3DS version for some odd reason. All says file doesn't exist.

Edit: Never mind you have to click on it and then save it. The Direct download doesn't even work.

Edited by kingddd

Anyone notice the Green Hill Zone stage is for 3DS. So far, that's the only returning stage for 3DS AFAIK

Those pics look great

EDIT: wait, I forgot Jungle Japes. Anyway, here it is

3224fdba29.jpg

Edited by The King

Man, first a screenshot with Lucina pwning Luigi, now one with her pwning Ike. It's like Sakurai KNOWS I dislike her. :P

(not taking this seriously by the way, just messing around)

But it's good to finally see more shots of him and more shots in general! I'm loving how funny some of these are too. XD

Hopefully Falcon will kick her butt for REVENGEANCE!! :KnollRoll:

Yeah, well, sadly, there's a shot of her about to pwn him too lol. He's looking all like "whoa, okay, okay, you win! I'm sorry for beating up your dad!" :P

Qvfq9q7.png

g2xE1ia.png

Nice that we can finally see the full stage compared to the previous month pic of the day.

Yeah. Heh, I got my fiancee Tomodachi Life for her birthday earlier this month and as we've been playing it, I was saying to her how it'd be funny if the Miis on this stage would comment on the fight as it happens in the silly little computer-generated voices. Seeing as they're the ones from your own DS, that probably won't happen (since they'd need random voices), but seeing your own Miis is a nice touch too haha.

It'd be horrible if you can't.

I honestly can't even figure out how my friend with his weird gamecube controls did it.

Y was attack. A was jump.

X was shield.

L was special.

Like what the fricking hell?

AND I'M THE GUY THAT PLAYED SMASH WITH DK BONGOS.

Juh-- I-- whatdufaa...? I mean A for jump I get, but... um....