SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dat Guar Plains remix.

And You will Know our Names.

Holy crap this is awesome.

Also "Now it's Shulk time"

Edited by Doofina

Ooh, interesting. But...did I see an instance where he was in his freaking UNDERWEAR? >_>

Glorious manservice has entered the game! (I'm pretty sure that's what you see in his game when you fully unequip him)

That's correct.

Alternately, that's his outfit when he wears a swimsuit.

Sakurai gave us an info dump on him.

Pic of the day. From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain.

Shulk's sword, the Monado, slashes enemies with a beam when activated, so it can strike from long range. What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!

1. 翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense. 疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks. 盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement. 斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability. 撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.
Edited by Doofina

Ooh, that's an interesting playstyle there. But it also sounds like Shulk could be kind of OP. His sword looks like it out-ranges even Ike's and he can essentially be stronger and faster than much of the cast.

So... I have to get another 3ds for better smash configurations...? Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

Well, that leak is now seems completely credible to me now. The leaked roster image of Shulk looks exactly the same as the revealed render for today.

Though it makes me sad that the freakin' duck hunt dog made it in. Then again, DLC seems likely given how DLC was added to Mario Kart 8 recently.

Edited by Naui

Not feeling this Shulk hype, since I don't know who he is.

I trust Sakurai's ability to not let him become SSB4's version of Metaknight in Brawl. Those stance changes seem quite powerful to me.

I can't figure out why smash bros couldn't have gotten the metal gear (I think that's what it was?) treatment. I already have two 3ds's, and would like to get the Wii U version, but I'm having doubts with that... I may not even get smash 4 now, if I have to spend 150$~ for another analogue stick.

Edited by Comet

There's a new trailer up on Nintendo of Japan's YouTube with some new footage in it, complete with a Bluefire great aether, some more of Kirby's custom moves, more returning stages, and new footage in general

Edited by Spiky

I can't figure out why smash bros couldn't have gotten the metal gear (I think that's what it was?) treatment. I already have two 3ds's, and would like to get the Wii U version, but I'm having doubts with that... I may not even get smash 4 now, if I have to spend 150$~ for another analogue stick.

You're not required to get the new 3DS to even play it anyway. The people who want to play Xenoblade 3DS are ones that are jibbed the most.

Besides the small C-stick and ZL and ZR placements look very uncomfortable for smash bros anyway.

Edited by kingddd

There's a new trailer up on Nintendo of Japan's YouTube with some new footage in it

So... Brinstar is back! And Corneria! (Am I remembering the names wrong?)

0:51 - Brinstar... 1:25 - Corneria

You're not required to get the new 3DS to even play it anyway. The people who want to play Xenoblade 3DS are ones that are jibbed the most.

Besides the small C-stick and ZL and ZR placements look very uncomfortable for smash bros anyway.

yes, except it ALREADY EXISTS. http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/98636 the circle pad pro >.> But if it's compatible I'll be satisfied Edited by Comet

yes, except it ALREADY EXISTS. http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/98636 the circle pad pro >.>

when did I even mention the circle pad pro? I'm already aware of it. I'm just saying you're over blowing this a lot,

Also Europe is getting a double pack:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=236167

BwNM2aNIcAIJJWo.jpg

Edited by kingddd