SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Hey, Carter, what do you think of this bold statement? Having Lucas and Wolf as Ness and Fox skins would be better than nothing. True?

Hmm... that's a toughie. I'll keep this short though.

I, myself, honestly would at least like a Lucas Palette Swap.

And although the thought of him being downgraded to an alt costume kinda irks me, but I suppose it is better than nothing.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name thing would be a given. I just find it annoying how Lucas and Wolf fans are usually so entitled, not willing to accept something over nothing.

In many cases, "something over nothing" doesn't really mean anything at all. A lot of people say "wouldn't you Ridley fans be happy with him being a boss/ a costume for Charizard (or even worse; purple Charizard)" and in those cases I'd say that the "something" given is so insignificant that it might as well not exist at all and I wouldn't care either way (especially with the latter.) I would think an easy solution for wolf would be as a costume for Fox since they're similar, but I'm not a passionate Wolf fan who'd probably have the same stance as my Ridley conundrum. Therefore I don't think it's right to say "would you at least settle for something?" Unless you can put yourself in the perspective of the fan.

The name thing would be a given. I just find it annoying how Lucas and Wolf fans are usually so entitled, not willing to accept something over nothing.

In many cases, "something over nothing" doesn't really mean anything at all. A lot of people say "wouldn't you Ridley fans be happy with him being a boss/ a costume for Charizard (or even worse; purple Charizard)" and in those cases I'd say that the "something" given is so insignificant that it might as well not exist at all and I wouldn't care either way (especially with the latter.) I would think an easy solution for wolf would be as a costume for Fox since they're similar, but I'm not a passionate Wolf fan who'd probably have the same stance as my Ridley conundrum. Therefore I don't think it's right to say "would you at least settle for something?" Unless you can put yourself in the perspective of the fan.

Yeah, I think it really just depends on who you ask.

But ME, I would settle for a Lucas (complete swap, name and everything) for Ness. It does bother me some, just knowing that he could've been (and has been) his own complete character in a previous iteration, but I'd be willing to settle for some kind of "Lucas" being in Smash. But I think other Earthbound / Lucas fans would rather have nothing, seeing as the downgrade to an alt. costume is demeaning to Lucas' persona.

Hmm. I feel more attached towards Lucas than Wolf, being a bigger fan of the Mother series and of the movset. But I think I'd me more dissatisfied if Fox got a Wolf alt than if Ness got a Lucas alt. The whole draw to Wolf's moveset for me, and I assume a lot of other people, is how uniquely, and distinctly non Fox-like, he moved. Lucas is different to Ness too but they have a similar style. I'd be willing to suspend disbelief and view a Ness costume as Lucas but I wouldn't be able to do the same for Wolf.

i'm really bugged the ice climbers cut. their mechanic was really cool, and now the closest thing we have to it is rosalina and luma. the other cut people don't mean much to me but it also feels weird for them not to be there... oh and dark pit getting in over pichu is atrocious. i was hesitant to say this because of possible bias for pichu, but looking back, there is no reason for dark pit to be his own character at all.

As a fan of Kid Icarus I disagree. Dark Pit's a cool character and ridiculously easy to model. Putting Pichu in would saturate the number of Pokemon characters even more when people are already more upset about a lack of Squirtle, Mewtwo and Ivysaur (myself included, I think Mewtwo and Ivysaur particularly have much more interesting moreset potential than mini Pikachu).

Edited by Jotari

As a fan of Kid Icarus I disagree. Dark Pit's a cool character and ridiculously easy to model. Putting Pichu in would saturate the number of Pokemon characters even more when people are already more upset about a lack of Squirtle, Mewtwo and Ivysaur.

Or instead we could have Wolf or Lucas as clones still, Dark Samus who actually had a primary antagonist role in two games, or Black Shadow or Blood Falcon.

As a fan of Kid Icarus I disagree. Dark Pit's a cool character and ridiculously easy to model. Putting Pichu in would saturate the number of Pokemon characters even more when people are already more upset about a lack of Squirtle, Mewtwo and Ivysaur (myself included, I think Mewtwo and Ivysaur particularly have much more interesting moreset potential than mini Pikachu).

the thing is that the choice was between clone characters, since they don't take up much time to make. i'll list the things that pichu and dark pit individually have to make it more simple to describe.

[spoiler=pichu]clone character that nobody particularly liked

sort of over repped, but if the mario series can get a clone, i don't see why this is a big deal

has a legitimate niche over other characters which is to be bad and make tons of hype when people win with him

veteran status

[spoiler=dark pit]clone character that a lot of people don't really like, similar to pichu (see: http://i.imgur.com/oOrpdMR.png)

over repped franchise already

literally a costure swap... seriously, at least pichu would have his own model lol

Edited by Cornet

Does anyone know how many blocks 2.1 GB takes on the 3DS?

it should be around 17,000, since i was searching for this a few days ago

googled again, around 17,300 specifically

Edited by Cornet

Oh god that's a lot... good thing I recently switched my SD card with a bigger one.

I honestly hate getting all the game cartridges, despite how nice the cases all look. It's why I'm always concerned with how many blocks each game takes up. I like having more than one game (full, retail games) in at a time.

And plus, we can get it at 12:00 AM on October 3rd. So honestly, all I'm waiting for is Thursday, since that's the day the eShop will say "Get it here Midnight! 10/3!"

At least Doc and Lucina are different. The reason why I don't like Dark Pit is because he's just a palette swap of Pit AND took up a character slot. Also, he has all the same moves and similar properties as Pit; at least Doc has his tornado and Lucina has a fixed blade hitbox.

I've noticed the UI is similar to that of KIU, so the overrepresentation of Kid Icarus Uprising is pretty much justified; I actually think Sakurai was KIU-biased after all after Dumb Dump Nigger Dark Pit was confirmed.

I'll accept the roster, but I'm gonna mostly be an Anti-Dark Pit and Anti-Villager fighter online. So yeah, if you're a Dark Pit or Villager user, I want to fight you until I win over 60% of the time. Really, maybe I should just continue to have fun with the game instead of exuding hatred upon my most hated characters.

On anothern note, I'm definitely going to the midnight release; I'm packing up rations atm for 6+ hour wait. First person I'll try will obviously be Robin... then Little Mac or Bowser.

(Sorry if I'm bashing on you Dark Pit and Villager lovers. This is just how I feel right now, and if this continues, my gaming experience will be lower than I expected. I respect you players who play them, but I just hate those characters. I hate how people view Villager as a Demi-God serial killer, and I prefer to see him as a mischievous youth with a playful energy. Dark Pit... you've read my 1st paragraph, right?)

Edited by カプリ

I find the Dark Pit rage hilarious considering peoples joy for Lucina. Talk about hypocritical! I thought he may be a possibility from the moment he cameoed in Palutenas trailer (no one believed me at the time)

I like him as a character, I also like Lucina and Doc. I don't get the absolute rage at the three. We got them, they are here to stay for this game.

Yes sure Dark Pit and Lucina had plenty more to draw from (All the various Uprising weapons and Lucinas actual fighting style) but they are BONUSES TO THE ROSTER I cannot repeat this enough!

Doc is also like per Brawl Mario. Aka one without that dumb Fludd move and a proper down aerial. Now fludd may have more uses this time but I appreciate the ability to be melee Mario.

Also I will personally defeat anyone who says they dislike Dark Pit with Dark Pit just so they rage quit.

Also our new stage looks cool the Orbital Gate from Star Fox assault. Its about time the game got some more notability.

Edited by Jedi

People just like Dark Pit because of his character... and the fact he's a Dark version of Pit, which makes people automatically think he's cooler. Yes, I've seen him in KIU, but he's in every way the same as Pit; their personalities and color scheme contrast. But really, if Dark Pit actually had a much more unique moveset, then my opinion will probably change for him. (inb4 "Oh, but his Final Smash is different) Yeah, but really, if he could use his Dark Pit Staff, maybe he should have used different weapons with his A or probably B attacks. Also, Final Smashes are rarely used in play so yeah.

Apparently Dark Pit has some different properties on his attacks too and some form of super armor regular Pit doesn't have. But I think it's generally agreed upon that Lucina and Dark Pit are weak and that talking about it is like beating a dead horse at this point. They're last minute roster filler made in the fraction of time compared to a full fledged character and they got kinda lazy this time, but what are we going to do about it now? Just think of them as being Ken and Ryu from SF.

Anyway, NEW STAR FOX STAGE I NEED IT IN MY LIFE NOW. It looks like a combination of Corneria and Pokefloats and I really hope it plays like it. Plus it just looks amazing!

I want to see Mike Jones as a clone of Ness, that would be awesome. I'd also still love to see Impa get in as a clone of Sheik if getting in as a full character is still off the table.

Edited by Jotari