SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I might have more hours on this game than any other so far, even Pokemon. Smash is one of my favorite games and it just doesn't get old. ^^ Plus I can play as the sexy RD Ike now! <3

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just now occurred to me that we're probably getting final destination forms of Castle Siege and this new Star Fox stage (pardon my lack of knowledge on the series)

So hype

smash will probably get at least 200 hours from me. my most played game on my 3ds is pokemon x at 530 hours... and i have no idea how much i've played brawl (combined with PM)... maybe 1500 hours, give or take a few 100's. i have no idea about how much time i'll spend on it.

Edited by Cornet

Looks like a certain unlockable character is getting a name change in the American/Euro version:

09i7vLp.jpg

"Duck Hunt" is officially "Duck Hunt Duo". And you know what? I like it!

Looks like a certain unlockable character is getting a name change in the American/Euro version:

09i7vLp.jpg

Well, I'm still calling him Duck Hunt Dog since the dog is the primary character here. :P

Well, I'm still calling him Duck Hunt Dog since the dog is the primary character here. :P

In the Japanese version he's just referred to as "Duck Hunt", though... Duck Hunt Duo sounds so much better.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

In the Japanese version he's just referred to as "Duck Hunt", though...

Uh, yeah, I know that. Your point is? I called him Duck Hunt Dog before I ever saw what he was called in the Japanese version.

Edited by Anacybele

when the majority of the site probably hasn't done anything beyond an essay.

I have

I like the looks of the Star Fox stage, even though I'm really not a huge fan of Assault.

And sadly, I won't get my copy of Smash 3DS until between the 8th and 10th of October. I pre-ordered from Amazon and they predict it won't be here until then...*sigh* the wait will be torture. But worth it.

WHAT?!

WHY?!

I HAVE OVER 13000 COINS!

;n;

Oh well. I don't mind much.

Holy shit

that's like

over 9000

But on topic, how many hours do you guys think you'll have in this game?

At least 500, but I'm expecting around 900. (combined 3ds and wii u)

heh at the first question's answer. Only 500 coins can be transferred from the demo save file.

ffffffffff

gg my 17107 coins

Edited by Gaia

09i7vLp.jpg

On Smash Boards, a guy with an early American copy of the game (he's from Texas) has said that the NA name is just Duck Hunt. This picture could be PAL or it could be fake. I don't know. At this point, I can't imagine someone forging an image like that. But it's pretty safe to say that the NA name is just Duck Hunt.

On Smash Boards, a guy with an early American copy of the game (he's from Texas) has said that the NA name is just Duck Hunt. This picture could be PAL or it could be fake. I don't know. At this point, I can't imagine someone forging an image like that. But it's pretty safe to say that the NA name is just Duck Hunt.

Jed05 livestreamed the American release. It's real. Go to around 03:29:00 http://www.twitch.tv/jed05/b/573635730[spoiler=The Image]bClxg7L.png

Edited by カプリ

09i7vLp.jpg

At least I find it better than refering to the character just as the dog by itself. This could also mean that the leaks came from a developer-only build that wasn't quite final (hence the missing Tharja trophy and the blank descriptions for some of the other trophies).

Finally I got SSB4!

Honestly my expectations weren't too high. I was a little bit sceptical about the character roster, the controls with the circle pad and the overview on the small screen!

Though this game surprised me positively!

The controls are very good. I didn't expect that the controls with the circle pad work so well.

The graphics are excellent. I have a good overview of the battlefield.

The soundtrack is decent so far. The menu theme and "Final Destination" sound very Japanese. Not really my cup of tea, but it's just a personal taste I think. Though I hope for some returning themes from previous SSB games like "Giga Bowser" from Melee and the Brawl version of "Final Destination". I still have to unlock tons of soundtracks. Maybe these themes are still there...

The stages are varied like in the other parts. A good mix. My favourite stage is still Brinstar.

I especially love the battle against "Master" and Crazy Hand". They have new moves and new phases. Very cool battle!

I have tested out some of the newcomers already. Robin and Pacman seem to be great. Rosalina seems to be good as well, but I still suck using her. Same goes for Little Mac. I still have to practise a lot!

I haven't tried out the Adventure Mode yet, so I cannot say anything about it.

SSB4 is the perfect game for my travels in the train to the college!

the thing is that the choice was between clone characters, since they don't take up much time to make. i'll list the things that pichu and dark pit individually have to make it more simple to describe.

[spoiler=pichu]clone character that nobody particularly liked

sort of over repped, but if the mario series can get a clone, i don't see why this is a big deal

has a legitimate niche over other characters which is to be bad and make tons of hype when people win with him

veteran status

[spoiler=dark pit]clone character that a lot of people don't really like, similar to pichu (see: http://i.imgur.com/oOrpdMR.png)

over repped franchise already

literally a costure swap... seriously, at least pichu would have his own model lol

Shit.
4 copies. XD

Oh god that's a lot... good thing I recently switched my SD card with a bigger one.

I honestly hate getting all the game cartridges, despite how nice the cases all look. It's why I'm always concerned with how many blocks each game takes up. I like having more than one game (full, retail games) in at a time.

And plus, we can get it at 12:00 AM on October 3rd. So honestly, all I'm waiting for is Thursday, since that's the day the eShop will say "Get it here Midnight! 10/3!"

Once the game comes out worldwide I'm sure a more comprehensive tier list will be made.

I agree that Yoshi looks high tier at least.

Not just at the tourneys. I wasn't going to say this until now but...since it's release day tommorrow...
..It's also so addictive to create new characters and putting them in your game.
I've already created over 70 Mii's with help for a few (download) and they're looking pretty good! :D
It was so addictive that I've created them non stop for a few days and ended up tired.
lol
I'm still tired even now! Plus, I have more Mii costumes and statistics to unlock. Gonna have that to do first if were to ever have a Mii only tourney. Already getting my characters transferred for the English game!

I hope those tier lists are complete bullshit. BOTH of my mains at the fucking BOTTOM? I can kiss competitive tournaments goodbye if that's the case and I'm a competitive player.
Why should you care about that?

I just use who I like and am good with.

Also, I thought people were saying that Link got a huge buff and that he was very good this time.

He has. Demo.

Not sure if y'all know, but all the starting characters have their English taunts up. Not really much to note, except Marth still speaks Japanese

Yeah, well, some fans would like to understand what the hell he's saying and don't want to have to search everywhere to find translations just to do so. :/ IS was willing to get a VA for every character in Awakening. Surely NoA could've afforded just ONE more. I doubt they have a smaller budget than IS.

Well, I am kind of discouraged now. Why are my preferred characters always terrible? :( It was the same with Melee. Neither Link nor Luigi were very high on the list. I hadn't known about a Pachirisu winning the Pokemon World Tournament though, that's pretty interesting.

Because it's awkward and weird to have him speaking something just about no one out here understands? What's the point of him talking at all in the English version if no one understands him? And like I said, he has an English game now.

Because lol
FE12.

I'd prefer if Marth keeps a Japan voice actor already. It makes him seem cooler from my perspective. He's more exotic or something. Makes him stand out from the crowed. I don't particularly care what he's actually talking about in a fighting game, just so long as he sounds cool saying it.

I'd be kind of odd to have him speak in English now. -.-

(No FE12, no English)

Micaiah is slow in RD, surely she would be a heavyweight in Smash!

...And as to why that I've only maxed out her mii (Number 66) with all power and no speed and def. Because truly, she has no good def or speed. :D

heh at the first question's answer. Only 500 coins can be transferred from the demo save file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJFJ0luQd0A

What does that limitation matter?
You get coins from even smacking around the credits and to win every fight on classic and all-star as well as vs mode.

09i7vLp.jpg

In the Japanese version he's just referred to as "Duck Hunt", though... Duck Hunt Duo sounds so much better.

Like the Duo.
Makes better sense to call them that!

I have

I like the looks of the Star Fox stage, even though I'm really not a huge fan of Assault.

And sadly, I won't get my copy of Smash 3DS until between the 8th and 10th of October. I pre-ordered from Amazon and they predict it won't be here until then...*sigh* the wait will be torture. But worth it.

I won't get mine until Oct 7th.
Pre-ordered it on the 1st of Oct as I've ordered it there...too.

Unlocking him in the game will get our answer.

Jed05 livestreamed the American release. It's real. Go to around 03:29:00 http://www.twitch.tv/jed05/b/573635730[spoiler=The Image]bClxg7L.png

This name is better than "Duck Hunt" anyway.

I wanted to check the stores today anyway. Nice to know that I should check Saturn as well and not only Gamestop. :D

And if they don't have it already, I'll at least get my copy tomorrow. God, that feels good. <3

With early reveals, leaks, and demos, for games that are inevitable like Smash and Pokemon, it'll be like the most exciting day of the year once you have received your copy. :D

lol

No game stores for me. I don't like to wait in long ass lines. Mail by me. Even so, the delivery is going to be a tad slower because of Smash being one of the utmost inevitable series in existence.

Edited by PuffPuff