SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like we're getting Smash 4 Wii U two weeks before Japan! I guess those of us in NA get the last laugh in regards to Smash 4's release dates. (World Wide release would still be best IMO)

Was there a reason why it comes in U.S. first? Does Japan love us that much?

I know.
It shocked me...too. >.<
When nearly at least 80% of the games all get developed in Japan while games like Punch Out got developed in NOA.

Maybe to just say i own figurines of my favorite Smash characters

But for real, maybe

So far they just haven't caught my eye, ya know?

That's for getting the 3DS version first,buttholes

World wide releases are always a very cool thing

Pokemon X/Y got a worldwide and so will Omega Ruby and Sapphire.

RIP servers

not getting the wii u version because i don't think it'll be worth the money

I know that it is crazily expensive.
When it comes to inevitable games like these, Nintendo can take my money. :D
Even though getting both the Wii-U plus packaging and Hyrule Warriors are all going to come close to 450+ dollars. I'm making huge plans for this to ensure that I get all of these by Dec.

Man imagine if Mike Tyson was in the game. He be biting people's ears off. /shot

A great Punch Out rep.

Either I'm really good at this game, or people in For Glory kind of suck. I win a lot, and earlier I beat an Ike player 11 out of 13 times; and I know it's that much because I used a different character each time, losing only with Wii Fit Trainer and Dr. Mario, both of whom I am nowhere near experienced with. I won with Rosalina, Peach, ZSS, Toon Link, Zelda, Ike, Robin, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Jigglypuff (and 2 stocked him with her, lol), and Lucina. The ditto Ike fight was pretty sad, though; both of us lost stocks only from accidental suicides.

At least your having fun. ^_^

What if these people want to get good? And they just have no humans to play against. They want a serious challenge against a real human, something neither for fun nor battling coms can accomplish.

Comps can get better than some human players, actually.
Cuz many I've faced aren't really all too good at it like I wasn't either.

I just plugged in four controllers and left the game on for 5 hours on a one stock match. (Still a stupid unlock, but much less tedious)

Having all CPU battles.
Ayup.

It took me a bunch of tries to beat Master Core on 9.0 Intensity, with ZSS.

Now I'm scared to do it as other characters, even Peach or Zelda. And I really want to play on a higher difficulty, but I don't want to fight the Mech / Robot form of Master Core! I want to at least play on 8.0 with every character, but I'll have to settle for 7.0 unless I'll be willing to fight the Mech form.

How do you battle the Master Core?

All I've fought was the Master Hand.

The game is out so there is no point in using the demo

I'm already going to remove it off of my DS's.
Did about 25 rounds in each and now they've got to go.

Master Core appeared for me on 5.5 intensity as I said above. xP

Also, yay, my alternate Luigi trophy has him in his Fire Luigi colors. :D I guess it's because I always use Fire Luigi. lol

Also, yay, my alternate Luigi trophy has him in his Fire Luigi colors. :D I guess it's because I always use Fire Luigi. lol

Oh...

That explains it. I've never played on difficulty higher than 2.0.

The alternate trophy is just one of their alts. Like Shulk's is his light blue shirt, but I normally use the black jacket one.

Unless you knew that and were just joking around.

I don't think I agree with that. If bad players want to play For Glory, they are welcome to. Saying they shouldn't play at all because they're bad reeks of fun policing. And the reality is, some of those people might be kids picking up Smash Bros for the first time and have no idea about the competitive scene, or they just want to play 1-on-1s online and For Fun's rule set doesn't appeal to them.

In any fighting game, there will always be complete scrubs who don't know how to play but will go online and try to be competitive anyway. They will lose a lot. They will bore the players looking for a challenge. But we don't have a right to say they shouldn't be able to do what they paid for unless they start breaking terms of service. And "being genuinely bad at gaming" is not a TOS violation.

Yeah, I have to side with Samias on this one, even though I'd like to be able to face good people more often myself. Perhaps there should've been a setting there that can let you set which people you're matched up against based on their win-loss ratio in For Glory. It wouldn't be that useful right when the game first comes out, but over time it could be pretty handy for skill building.

I'll take multiple people completely missing the point for 1000, please.

I said "straw-manning" for a reason. There was no "no fun police" going on, just someone saying that people should take the battles a bit more seriously on For Glory because that's the fucking mode where you're supposed to take battles more seriously, and after saying so kingddd was targeted as some Stop Having Fun Guy when all he's doing is trying to use a mode for its intended purpose; 1 vs. 1 matches fought, well, for glory.

The problem wasn't even that there are bad players in For Glory, it's people not taking it seriously or being complete morons ("my partner does nothing but down+b air kirby or down+b pikachu"). Apricot Luma's response was irrelevant, uncalled for, and immature, and that's where my response to it came from.

Better than anything would be a good match-making system, but anyone playing For Glory should at least be trying to win.

Unless you knew that and were just joking around.

No, I KNEW that since I already got an alternate Ike trophy as well, I just wasn't sure if the colors on the alternate trophy would be the same as the ones I use if I use an alternate costume.

So, another question. How the heck do you get a combo of 40 in training? xP

No, I KNEW that since I already got an alternate Ike trophy as well, I just wasn't sure if the colors on the alternate trophy would be the same as the ones I use if I use an alternate costume.

Ah, alright. And yeah, it's like alternate trophies from previous games, where it's just some alt, usually one of the first couple.

Set damage to 999, grab and mash A.

Or use some Smart Bombs.

Edited by Konnor97

What does getting all the challenges do?

if you get the first page completed, you unlock the game and watch stage

Edited by Cornet

Set damage to 999, grab and mash A.

120 hit combo.

Mhmm...

Should work the same for that...too as I've been trying to get the Protective Mii suit for a long ass time! :S

Edited by PuffPuff

Either I'm really good at this game, or people in For Glory kind of suck. I win a lot, and earlier I beat an Ike player 11 out of 13 times; and I know it's that much because I used a different character each time, losing only with Wii Fit Trainer and Dr. Mario, both of whom I am nowhere near experienced with. I won with Rosalina, Peach, ZSS, Toon Link, Zelda, Ike, Robin, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Jigglypuff (and 2 stocked him with her, lol), and Lucina. The ditto Ike fight was pretty sad, though; both of us lost stocks only from accidental suicides.

Lol its definitely the latter. The game is still new so people are still figuring out playstyles and getting the hang of the mechanics of this title. Ill win with the characters ive been playing consistently with. (Like Koopaling, Peach, Rosalina, etc) But if i pick someone i havent been practicing with, i might lose a For Glory match. And its really not a big deal if i do.

You mean not everyone is a gaming god? holy shit dude It's like some people play the game for funsies regardless of skill level or just wanna play 1v1 regardless of skill level.

You know, i actually play For Glory for the funzies. I like playing with no items and stuff cuz it tests my skill level with the character. If i cant win without items, im no good at the game. I think 4 player For Glory matches are just the bee's tits when im bored.

I'm not against people having a little bit of fun but they have to learn to assess their competitive skill levels before taking on for glory matches. It's a competitive mode and it's pretty bad when I'm playing a For Glory 2 vs 2 and my partner does nothing but down+b air kirby or down+b pikachu. You have to remember, records are at stake in for glory mode so people are going to take For Glory very seriously. If they really want to play for fun, they should at least consider playing for Fun mode and not for glory. Yeah it sucks that 1 vs 1 options aren't available for that mode but really 1 vs 1 is competitive in nature. Not much you can do about it.

So? That person using stales moves is likely new to the game and trying to win, but isnt really good enough yet. Part of what makes For Glory so interesting, is watching and learning how to play that way. Hell, Spectate gets boring and i want in on the action. Best way to learn how to play against real live people is to, well...play real live people. If someone is taking For Glory mode that seriously, oh well. Good for them. But im not taking it that seriously (because why do i need that kind of bragging rights?) but im going to go in that mode ready for some good clean Smash. Its wonderful practice.

I don't think I agree with that. If bad players want to play For Glory, they are welcome to. Saying they shouldn't play at all because they're bad reeks of fun policing. And the reality is, some of those people might be kids picking up Smash Bros for the first time and have no idea about the competitive scene, or they just want to play 1-on-1s online and For Fun's rule set doesn't appeal to them.

In any fighting game, there will always be complete scrubs who don't know how to play but will go online and try to be competitive anyway. They will lose a lot. They will bore the players looking for a challenge. But we don't have a right to say they shouldn't be able to do what they paid for unless they start breaking terms of service. And "being genuinely bad at gaming" is not a TOS violation.

Bad players might be thinking that For Glory will help them get better. Get pitted against some bamf across the pond using ZSS and study their moves. Wynaut! They may want in on the competitive scene but dont have a good feel for it yet, and want to get better. If someone is deliberately suiciding or something like that in every match they appear in, that might actually be a troll.

Better than anything would be a good match-making system, but anyone playing For Glory should at least be trying to win.

*squints* 99% of people playing For Glory mode are trying to win. Even if its for the funzies, they are still trying to win. Just because you can win against a bunch of people, doesnt mean they arent trying to win.

Well, getting every challenge isn't possible. Because getting enough KOs in Cruel Smash is impossible. I only ever get any if the Miis suicide and only one suicides. Otherwise, there's no way you can knock any out. They're too strong. Why the developers did this, I have no idea. Sakurai really is a big troll...

Edited by Anacybele

Well, getting every challenge isn't possible. Because getting enough KOs in Cruel Smash is impossible. I only ever get any if the Miis suicide and only one suicides. Otherwise, there's no way you can knock any out. They're too strong. Why the developers did this, I have no idea. Sakurai really is a big troll...

The 4 Cruel Smash challenge. Use a Hammer.

It's not impossible. Just use the Kirby method. Jump off the edge, inhale a Mii, shoot it out a little ways down, carefully maneuver so you don't get footstooled, and repeat. I've also heard of people doing careful counters with fighters like Ike or Little Mac.