SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Still haven't tried online, and probably won't touch it until I can consistently track my character on the screen. I still die to stupid things like walking off the ledge. Repeatedly.

I know there's a way to have some sort of box around any character you choose throughout the fight, in order to keep track of where they are. I think you can do it on yourself. Try tapping your character's icon on the bottom screen :/ I've never tried it myself, but I'm sure there was a pic of the day that explained this

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got that last challenge that was leaving the first set incomplete. :D

And now I have a bunch of challenges complete in set 2, one of which gave me an Ike move I'd been waiting for! With Close Combat, my Rage Ike is pretty much complete and I'm only missing one more Ike move (one of his Aethers). ^^ I have to find that last one and complete his set!

Edited by Anacybele

Just been looking up the locked and starter characters.

Anyone else disappointed that there are so many starter characters in comparison to the number of unlockable compared to previous SSB games?

Game: Starter + unlockable = total; (% of total characters that are unlocked)

64: 8 + 4 = 12; (33%)

Melee: 14 + 11 = 25 (44%)

Brawl: 21 + 14 = 35 (40%)

SSB4: 37 + 12 = 49 (24%)

Note that Pokemon Trainer, Zelda/Sheik (Melee, Brawl), Mii Fighters, etc. were counted as one character, not separately.

It's just weird that despite Brawl's smaller roster, it had more unlockable characters. It may not appeal to everyone, but I fucking love unlocking shit. Slightly disappointed about that, to say the least.

14 characters over 12 isn't a huge step up. Besides, if there are extra characters, I have no doubt that there will be unlocking methods for them. (I find it odd there are neither Isaac nor Ridley trophies.)

14 characters over 12 isn't a huge step up. Besides, if there are extra characters, I have no doubt that there will be unlocking methods for them. (I find it odd there are neither Isaac nor Ridley trophies.)

Not quite my point.

The difference here is that it's 14 of 35 characters (40%) are unlockable in Brawl. If 40% of SSB4's roster was unlockable, that would be at least 19 of 49 unlockable characters, which I think would be more interesting.

Honestly, I don't care one bit about secret characters. 700 self-destruct defeats in Melee in order to unlock Mewtwo? No, thanks.

I paid for the content, I should be able to access it when I want. Usually these games just make you jump through hoops anyway. Like, there is no challenge in using each starter character at least once in order to unlock Marth. It's just tedium.

Edited by BrightBow

You mean not everyone is a gaming god? holy shit dude It's like some people play the game for funsies regardless of skill level or just wanna play 1v1 regardless of skill level.

You mean not everyone is a gaming god? holy shit dude It's like some people play the game for funsies regardless of skill level or just wanna play 1v1 regardless of skill level.

I'm not against people having a little bit of fun but they have to learn to assess their competitive skill levels before taking on for glory matches. It's a competitive mode and it's pretty bad when I'm playing a For Glory 2 vs 2 and my partner does nothing but down+b air kirby or down+b pikachu. You have to remember, records are at stake in for glory mode so people are going to take For Glory very seriously. If they really want to play for fun, they should at least consider playing for Fun mode and not for glory. Yeah it sucks that 1 vs 1 options aren't available for that mode but really 1 vs 1 is competitive in nature. Not much you can do about it.

It's not like there's a For Fun mode or anything that they could join as opposed to For Glory.

Oh wait...

I'm not against people having a little bit of fun but they have to learn to assess their competitive skill levels before taking on for glory matches. It's a competitive mode and it's pretty bad when I'm playing a For Glory 2 vs 2 and my partner does nothing but down+b air kirby or down+b pikachu. You have to remember, records are at stake in for glory mode so people are going to take For Glory very seriously. If they really want to play for fun, they should at least consider playing for Fun mode and not for glory. Yeah it sucks that 1 vs 1 options aren't available for that mode but really 1 vs 1 is competitive in nature. Not much you can do about it.

ring ring

here comes the no fun police

people can't play for glory unless they git gud

i'm going to spam moves in for glory, just for you friend

great lesson there, and i don't even care that for fun exists, that's mean

Edited by Apricot Luma

What if these people want to get good? And they just have no humans to play against. They want a serious challenge against a real human, something neither for fun nor battling coms can accomplish.

I play 1v1 on for glory for fun because there is no 1v1 in for fun annnnnnnd 4 people with items on lags like hell for me.

Plus there was this one time where I fought this guy who only used bowser like 20 times with ganon and it was hella fun.

if you really wanna do a 1v1, and don't want to do For Fun, then do ForGlory and quit/rejoin until you find an opponent you're satisfied with. Otherwise, options are a bit limited I guess in that department

ring ring

Not trying to be mean, but I'm trying to give an assessed reality in the nature of competitive play. Competition is an aggressive sport and most players will play to their fullest potential and are there to win. This is what for Glory is built for. Players will use any strategies and means to play regardless of how good that player and opponent is.

Just want to state that I am actually not a for glory guy. I'm actually a for fun player and I personally hate 1 vs 1 a lot and I despise FD/Omega mode a lot. Regardless I still play with some of the guys here in SF with the 1vs1 for glory format.

Not trying to be mean, but I'm trying to give an assessed reality in the nature of competitive play. Competition is an aggressive sport and most players will play to their fullest potential and are there to win. This is what for Glory is built for. Players will use any strategies and means to play regardless of how good that player and opponent is.

Just want to state that I am actually not a for glory guy. I'm actually a for fun player and I personally hate 1 vs 1 a lot and I despise FD/Omega mode a lot. Regardless I still play with some of the guys here in SF with the 1vs1 for glory format.

Then why complain about 2vs2 in For Glory if you only like FG with SF members and then For Fun with everyone else?

Those people will have a Global Smash Power of like nothing, so it's fine.

Can someone explain how Jigglypuff goes flying off the screen when I use shieldbreak on her?

Jigglypuff dies instantly when her shield shatters.

Then why complain about 2vs2 in For Glory if you only like FG with SF members and then For Fun with everyone else?

Those people will have a Global Smash Power of like nothing, so it's fine.

I was giving an example. The thing is, team battles also record your wins and loses so of course people would care about winning in those battles and if I have a teammate that is using the same moves repeatably where it leaves him/her open easily, it can get pretty annoying quickly since he's not assessing the proper winning strategies and keeps getting himself killed easily by predictable moves.

Regardless I do play For Glory once in a while and I personally was expecting players to be better in that mode than just the ones using the same stale moves over and over again. When I do find one that is equivalent skill, it's a lot of fun.

I had the most fun in For Glory after about 50 or so battles, while fighting an opponent using Samus, that showed me how to really use her.

It's still taking some time to get used to how slow she is, after I've been playing ZSS and Link and Lucina so heavily, but her slower sidedodge is kinda neat because it throws off a lot of people who try to time attacks on her, especially since her down-dodge and aerial-dodge are pretty standard in speed.

Aside from her lame ass 2 punch A combo, using Samus is hilariously fun. I'm really feeling it!

Also Aether Wave is really lame or I just suck at using it practically

Honestly, I don't care one bit about secret characters. 700 self-destruct defeats in Melee in order to unlock Mewtwo? No, thanks.

I just plugged in four controllers and left the game on for 5 hours on a one stock match. (Still a stupid unlock, but much less tedious)

ring ring

This is one of the worst, most straw-manning posts I have ever read. Re-evaluate your life, please.