SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Roy being close to Marth is a major reason why he easily could get readded. He'd be much easier to implement than a lot of other potential newcomers (still hope they give him a long range attack/stall drop down aerial though).

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all we know, Roy could be retooled entirely. Those who have played FE6 know what Roy is capable of doing when he wields the Binding Blade, which in case you don't know, is a two-range weapon.

Ragnell is a two-range weapon too. But Sakurai didn't give it this property in Smash either. Also, people said Chrom could have a unique moveset too. And I won't deny that this is true or that it's true Roy can have a unique moveset as well. But as was the case with Chrom, no matter how unique a moveset you give Roy, someone like Ephraim will always have the potential to be even more unique. This is why Robin was chosen over Chrom for the main FE newcomer (Lucina was just a lucky last-minute addition). Ephraim can have a projectile attack as well using a javelin since he's a lance guy and a lance functions a lot differently from a sword.

Ragnell is a two-range weapon too. But Sakurai didn't give it this property in Smash either. Also, people said Chrom could have a unique moveset too. And I won't deny that this is true or that it's true Roy can have a unique moveset as well. But as was the case with Chrom, no matter how unique a moveset you give Roy, someone like Ephraim will always have the potential to be even more unique. This is why Robin was chosen over Chrom for the main FE newcomer (Lucina was just a lucky last-minute addition). Ephraim can have a projectile attack as well using a javelin since he's a lance guy and a lance functions a lot differently from a sword.

I assume Sakurai didn't give Ike the two range not because he's against the idea but because Ike had potential in other areas that he wanted to express. One character not getting a move doesn't mean another character can't. If Roy comes back I predict he'll actually be retooled very little but it's still more than possible they'll give him some unique moves to differentiate him more from Marth and Lucina. For the most part however he'll be the same and that's the reason he'll get in. Because he is popular and an easy character to make.

Edited by Jotari

I assume Sakurai didn't give Ike the two range not because he's against the idea but because Ike had potential in other areas that he wanted to express. One character not getting a move doesn't mean another character can't. If Roy comes back I predict he'll actually be retooled very little but it's still more than possible they'll give him some unique moves to differentiate him more from Marth and Lucina. For the most part however he'll be the same and that's the reason he'll get in. Because he is popular and an easy character to make.

This is all possible too. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

At least Roy wouldn't harm the chances of Dixie Kong or Vaati getting in. Unless Sakurai actually has a very limited number of slots left...

Given they've only recently opened a pole and given us a DLC shop, I'd say the number of slots left depends almost entirely on how long it can remain profitable to pay a team to make characters.

Yeah, hopefully that's the case. I know Vaati still isn't super likely, but imo, he makes the most sense as a Zelda newcomer. And Dixie Kong is practically begging to be a DK newcomer at this point. Plz, Sakuraaaai.

Just got the download codes....

0vTFnO.jpg

Got him in both one of my 3DS's and the Wii-U's version.

Actually, Rayquaza is at this, but Mewtwo and Arceus will arise above him someday. Arceus will once he gets his Primal forme.

The costumes costed me 18.26 to put them in all 3 of my 3DS's and my Wii-U's. With the new update on the 3DS is telling us that more characters are coming soon. Put in Wolf, Chrom and The Ice Climbers and well have it made!

Edited by PuffPuff

Oh yeah, I have my codes too. Gonna go do the update and stuff in a little bit. I don't really like Mewtwo, but eh.

Also, I've seen that Luigi is unchanged in the patch, but I've not found anything on Ike, Robin, or Toon Link. Are they any different?

Edited by Anacybele

No

Female robin's Levin Sword now flashes when running low

Toon Link (and all cast, actually) can no longer do Tilts/Smashes while holding items. This in particular affects Toon Link and other item generating characters but i mean it hits everyone as a mechanic so there's that

So since Mewtwo doesn't have any customs I decided to make a quick video detailing what custom's I'd like to see him get. I was actually planning on making it before he was released but unfortunately the ideas are still relevant. Hopefully the'll patch customs on for him in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBrFlw5KWXM

Luigi was nerfed maybe:

Luigis downB last hit has much less knockback. It can't kill ever again... maybe at 200 %. >.>
Reported but people are arguing it heavily so IDK
Edited by Sara.

So since Mewtwo doesn't have any customs I decided to make a quick video detailing what custom's I'd like to see him get. I was actually planning on making it before he was released but unfortunately the ideas are still relevant. Hopefully the'll patch customs on for him in the future.

It is a problem if DLC characters do not get customs.

How are they to get them? Do we have to purchase them in the future, or...?

Wait, Mewtwo doesn't have any Custom Special Moves appearing in both versions for real?

By the way, does anyone check and see if anyone tried Mewtwo on Classic and All-Star mode and if he gets an different trophy (not the original and Mega Mewtwo X & Y trophy from 3DS and Wii U) just like the rest of the default and unlockable fighters in the game? And also, did anyone tried and see if Mewtwo can be fought in All-Star Mode if he's been downloaded to the game? I did obtained the codes from the email, but, I'm really busy with other stuff right now.

Edited by King Marth 64

Yeah Mewtwo doesn't have any custom moves. The same's text boxes are different for Mewtwo than the other characters who don't have any customs unlocked yet. Presumably Lucas and other DLC characters won't get them either.

I wonder how this will shape the custom move argument for Evo.

Man, I love how the DLC menu is already advertising that Mewtwo has joined the battle, yet if you click on fighters, there aren't any there yet. At least that is how it's on the 3DS version.

And does this guy already have a release date for those without a code?

But I sincerely like that I apparently don't need to connect my 3DS and Wii U accounts to avoid having to buy the DLC twice for the full price.

Edited by BrightBow

Man, I love how the DLC menu is already advertising that Mewtwo has joined the battle, yet if you click on fighters, there aren't any there yet. At least that is how it's on the 3DS version.

And does this guy already have a release date for those without a code?

But I sincerely like that I apparently don't need to connect my 3DS and Wii U accounts to avoid having to buy the DLC twice for the full price.

April 28, $3.99 for 3DS, $4.99 for WiiU

Yeah Mewtwo doesn't have any custom moves. The same's text boxes are different for Mewtwo than the other characters who don't have any customs unlocked yet. Presumably Lucas and other DLC characters won't get them either.

I wonder how this will shape the custom move argument for Evo.

It may be what gets them removed honestly. My old argument of (everyone has them and it benefits most) is completely dead.

Thanks for the info. Especially for also adding the price.

Hmmm,...different prices for each version. Kinda weird. Anyway, I just hope they don't end up selling custom moves as DLC or something. Or that they demand the inevitable Mewtwo Amiibo to unlock them. Still, having no Custom moves feels somewhat half-hearted.

Edited by BrightBow

Thanks for the info. Especially for also adding the price.

Hmmm,...different prices for each version. Kinda weird. Anyway, I just hope they don't end up selling custom moves as DLC or something. Or that they demand the inevitable Mewtwo Amiibo to unlock them. Still, having no Custom moves feels somewhat half-hearted.

That pricing is incorrect. It's $3.99 for one system, $4.99 for both.