What FE has the best difficulty?

Junkhead

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FE6 has a lot of units with some usefulness, but most of them aren't really amazing. I think that's a really good idea to create a cast like that, and you finally find yourself at a noticeable disadvantage.

I still remember a challenge PT I did for FE10's HM. It was beyond incredible when it came to challenge, one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done with a FE. (HM without "pre-promote" type characters and a few other restrictions (like only BEXP level a chapter per unit to prevent abuse) that was fun).

Edited by bearclaw13

Those boosters cost money man

So does the base arena

Unless you're suggesting you grind in one of those map arenas in which case aren't they like ridic hard I dunno haven't used FE12's actual arenas when I did Lunatic

Edited by Thor Odinson

FE6 has a lot of units with some usefulness, but most of them aren't really amazing. I think that's a really good idea to create a cast like that, and you finally find yourself at a noticeable disadvantage.

I'd hate that, really. I'd want the challenge to stem from the power and placement of the enemies, not because of having to work with a cast that's mostly mediocre to bad.

I'd hate that, really. I'd want the challenge to stem from the power and placement of the enemies, not because of having to work with a cast that's mostly mediocre to bad.

oh look you're complaining nonsensically again

what's the difference between giving enemies more power and giving player units less power? it's the same damn thing.

There's nothing managable about the chapter 5 boss from critting Rutgar (or whoever is fighting him all the people that actually can fight him have shitty luck), or spending 5-7 turns trying to kill any given boss at 40 hit with a unit with high skill.

perpetual 80 hit or less on unpromoted enemies is a bad thing.

Edited by General Horace

I was talking about unit use moreso than bosskilling.

But yeah, throne bonuses in FE6 were ridiculous. I actually had to RNG abuse in my bow run for Ward to hit Leygance with the hammer and an iron axe, which were I believe 26% and 40% respectively.

Edited by Zeem

There's nothing managable about the chapter 5 boss from critting Rutgar (or whoever is fighting him all the people that actually can fight him have shitty luck), or spending 5-7 turns trying to kill any given boss at 40 hit with a unit with high skill.

Pretty much sums up my problem with FE6.

So how overpowered units are doesn't matter for difficulty?

Was it good game design for Marcus in Blazing Sword to be so strong with various enemies who aren't that strong?

I agree with your latter two points, but the former is entirely manageable. Rutger attacks while boss has Hand Axe, rescue drop repeat. One crit, and BOOM, boss goes bye bye.

I feel like everyone acts like FE6 HM is the worst thing ever when it's actually manageable if you're doing things right.

Arena Abuse !

Which one has the most difficult Arena between FE5 and FE12 ?

I agree with your latter two points, but the former is entirely manageable. Rutger attacks while boss has Hand Axe, rescue drop repeat. One crit, and BOOM, boss goes bye bye.

i then direct you to the latter points about taking about 5-7 turns killing bosses

if you play the game, you're gonna lose

It's the same case in FE12, Ive trained Wolf before. Horace has used SHEEMA in it. Never, is a unit completely unusable in FE. Except Donnel in Lunatic +?

Of course he's usable. Just because he's 1-rounded in early chapters means nothing: the same is true for Wendy, Sophia, Fiona, Meg, Ewan, or Sheema. And he's pretty good once trained. He certainly takes less to dig him out of his hole than Wendy or Sophia or Fiona because he actually has excellent growths. And FE13 has more to give because it gives you more stuff to "fix" people with.

With tonics, renown awards, a forge, and a pair up (plus maybe some luck with statboosters appearing in shops) you could probably make Donnel kind of okay right off the bat. +10 to HP and +6 to everything else (before pairups) is pretty huge.