Worst unit in the series?

Zealot is a second Marcus. Who the hell doesn't want a second Marcus?

I know it's been said a butt ton already, but Wendy is just awful. Lyre is also awful and, unlike Wendy, she can't chuck javelins for like 3 chip damage or something. (and by chipping i mean missing entirely)

Edited by The Batter

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zealot is a second Marcus. Who the hell doesn't want a second Marcus?

I know it's been said a butt ton already, but Wendy is just awful. Lyre is also awful and, unlike Wendy, she can't chuck javelins for like 3 chip damage or something. (and by chipping i mean missing entirely)

at least Lyre can actually hit snipers

for 3 damage

and then run out of meter

Sumia

At least Wendy and Amelia can proc strength more once before hitting lv.20

2262045-FlameShield.jpg

Sumia is like one of the best units in awakening, so I REALLY don't understand this post

Zealot has terrible growths. So he's automatically terrible. Duh.

He slows down really fast, though. Well...around the desert. He's still pretty solid.

Edited by Zeem

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Sophia is worse than Wendy?

I'm very biased, so I guess you can figure out my answer.

Sophia is bad though, I won't defend her for that.

I'd say Sophia > Wendy; MUCH better chip for a shorter amount of time, better Mov, and lures every staff ever. Not to mention, if you actually bother -raising- them, Sophia is DEFINITELY better--she Eclipses walls and heals for tidy chunks, and Wendy's... just more Wendy.

Is Bantu any good in FE12? He was pretty bro in 1 and 3.

EDIT

Specifically, top tier material in FE3 0% growths. That HP and guaranteed 23 damage was so bro in Port Warren.

Edited by Refa

I don't know much about FE12, but it's kind of ridiculous that Bantu's even been mentioned for the other games. Growth rates or no growth rates, Dragonstone access is great, and the Archanea games are filled with units that can only dream they had any quality that good.

Sophia's low def but high res attracts status staves like a magnet because they target people with low DEFENSE not RESISTANCE lol. She is fun to use in my casual runs, so is Wendy but I digress. I'm alot more lenient on units then most people are.

Maybe because I don't care much about LTC and I just use who I like really.

Edited by Jedi

FE6 Merlinus. I understand that he is extremely useful as a merchant, but FE6 kind of failed when it came to him. FE7 knew what they were doing. Having to take up a place in you're party to deploy him is ridiculous. And how are you supposed to level him up? Anybody can OHKO him after chapter 1 chapter 6 or so.

I really like Wendy.

FE7: Either Wallace or Renault. Just, no.

Also, can we talk about how bad Knoll is in FE8? The game is like, 5 chapters from being over, and we get him at a level 10 shaman? I guess promoting him to a summoner is semi-useful, but his stats SUCK, and his growths don't necessarily make up for it.

FE9: Sothe. Lol.

FE10: As much as we all love Fiona.......

Sophia's low def but high res attracts status staves like a magnet because they target people with low DEFENSE not RESISTANCE lol. She is fun to use in my casual runs, so is Wendy but I digress. I'm alot more lenient on units then most people are.

Maybe because I don't care much about LTC and I just use who I like really.

I find Nina more fun to use in casual ru-hahahaha, I can't even finish that.

The only real advantrage Wendy has in her corner is availability, which doesn't really mean anything if you completely suck in that timeframe.

Lyre and Wendy. Particularly Lyre.

Hi Wendy, you're a low level 4 move knight in a game dominated by cavaliers, and your stats suck and axes are rampant. Get out.

Lyre, you can't deal any damage to anything noteworthy in the chapter you join, and there are already better laguz... or just units, really, that can do far more than you ever will.

Edit: my list with justifications for why they're the worst

FE4(1): Arden

FE4(2): Hannibal

FE5: Tanya/Ronan (they're pretty much interchangable :/)

FE6: Sophia

FE7: Karla (Nino has EXP rank!!!!)

FE8: Amelia

FE9: Nasir (Ena doesn't require effort and a good Ike)

FE10: Meg (active detriment,Fiona can chip laguz and rescue and Lyre can be a blood sacrifice for 2 damage,Meg can't even hit things)

FE11: Lawrence

FE12: Midia

FE13: Inigo/Donnel

Edited by Cluie

The guy that said Nyna is trolling right? She directly aids to her clear of the chapter with Rescue or even Again.

Anyway, I say Wendy for sure. 4 move in a game dominated by mounts due to huge maps. Gets ORKO'd by everyone forever despite being an armor. Her bases being absolute trash. Growths are as mediocre as they come for a growth unit. Her only real, practical use is chipping a wall and then giving her Javelin to someone else and be benched forever. Like, even her "chip" sucks since she will never hit and if she does, it's like 3 damage at best. At least Sofia can claim that she'd good vs status staves and gets a Guiding Ring.

Also, my list would look something like:

FE6: Wendy

FE7: Wallace

FE8: Amelia

FE9: Ena (it's worth noting that this one can still be useful in something like 0% growths, being the only Ashnard killer though, it's tough to choose this game's worst, but it's her or Brom if not, imo)

FE10: Fiona, Kurthnaga

FE11: Lorenz

FE12: Tomas/Sheema

FE13: Donnel/Brady

Edited by Peekayell

I don't know much about FE12, but it's kind of ridiculous that Bantu's even been mentioned for the other games. Growth rates or no growth rates, Dragonstone access is great, and the Archanea games are filled with units that can only dream they had any quality that good.

FE12's the exception. He's not nearly as useful because the enemies and player units are stronger than in FE11 yet he's pretty much the same, the only conceivable positive he has in FE12 is that you can get a Magestone from a secret shop(in H2 or lower) which would make him(I think he can use it, never tried) invulnerable to magic.

FE12's the exception. He's not nearly as useful because the enemies and player units are stronger than in FE11 yet he's pretty much the same, the only conceivable positive he has in FE12 is that you can get a Magestone from a secret shop(in H2 or lower) which would make him(I think he can use it, never tried) invulnerable to magic.

Pretty much.

Like, his bases with a Firestone are:

18hp 25atk 7skl 8spd 1lck 12def 5res

That's pretty terrible for Chapter 8, where enemies are in the 15 AS range. He will get OHKO'd and doubled by the Generals of the map and barely survive a hit from others but will die anyway due to getting doubled. FE11 Bantu is pretty terrible too, due to lack of easily obtainable Firestone, but 25 Atk chip from 1 range isn't so bad there.

Also, can we talk about how bad Knoll is in FE8? The game is like, 5 chapters from being over, and we get him at a level 10 shaman? I guess promoting him to a summoner is semi-useful, but his stats SUCK, and his growths don't necessarily make up for it.

I fail to see how a person who can insta promote is worse than scrubs like Amelia who need to go to level 10 once just to catch up to someone like Franz who joins about 8 chapters earlier at around level 1.

Also Rebecca is kinda terrible all things considered. Wil at least can get like 1 or 2 levels in Lyn mode, while Rebecca has the terribad base stats and is an Archer.

FE7: Wallace

FE9: Ena (it's worth noting that this one can still be useful in something like 0% growths, being the only Ashnard killer though, it's tough to choose this game's worst, but it's her or Brom if not, imo)

when in doubt, always put shitty earlygame archers

seeing as Wil/Rebecca and FE9 Rolf are pretty much never useful

Edited by shadykid