NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

There were instances in last night's game when we could have gotten a touchdown but had to settle for a field goal, and E.J. Manuel getting injured helped us, too. Yes, Jordan Cameron tore your guys up, but that's missing the key point: we still lost that game. No one or two great players can win a game by themselves, but it only takes one lousy player to lose one, especially if that player is the quarterback.

It's like my dad says, Cleveland sports teams always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I hope you're right, though.

Well, I need to get to work.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravens offense in 2000 went five games without scoring an offensive touchdown. If your defense really steps up you should be in for at least an uplifting season for next year. New management, new coach. Ravens went 8-8 with Brian Billick as coach in 99 and came back with a vengeance in 2000. Mediocre QB, solid receiver and elite Tight End (and if you draft a good RB and Left Tackle) were on this team, btw. Norv Turners personality may not be too far from Billicks.

You see the parallels I'm bringing up?

EJ Manuel is an idiot. Instead of going out of bounds he decides to completely stop his momentum and brace himself to take a hit. He is out for 4-8 weeks.

Our punter got cut today because of last night.

I really think the Bills Coordinators are idiots. Im not a huge fan of the Offensive play calls, but the Defensive play calls lost us the game. 1st and 25? We only rush 3 defenders and Weeden has time to stand in the pocket to throw a long TD pass. 3rd and 19? again, 3 pass rushers and Weeden has time to hit his receiver for 20 yards on an out route. When we rushed 5+ defenders we completely shut down the Browns. When the Browns were backed up and vulnerable they decided to play super conservatively.

The only bright side is that all of our injured players will be healthy for the Bengals game, except for EJ of course.

The Browns D is nowhere close to the 2000 Ravens.

I'm comparing the story to the 1999 Ravens (the ones who went 8-8 under a new coach - Brian Billick in this case, who had that monstrous Minnesota Vikings team the year or two before) more than the 2000 Ravens. If the Browns go 8-8 and Weeden becomes a Trent Dilfer-like game manager it's a nice parallel to it. That Ravens defense allowed 277 points, which I would be surprised if the Browns allow close to. Not saying they're gonna only allow like 165 points in 2014 but there's a decent amount of parallels between the 1999 Ravens and the current Browns.

Edited by Lord Raven

The Steelers have a bye this week, so I'm looking at the 'Phins atm. Dolphins vs Ravens is tied field goal to field goal. Not the matchup I was hoping for here, but GO 'PHINS! Crushing those Ravens would be an awesome way to thank the Steelers for giving you Wallace. ^^

16-13 now... our offense looked really good on that drive, and our previous culprits that have lead to consistently blown plays and interceptions (Tandon Doss, Ed Dickson) are finally being productive. And our run game is finally working. Holy crap!

23-23 now with five minutes left in the game! COME ON 'PHINS! You guys can do it!

And after my grandmother just passed away, I need one of my fav teams to win...

sorry about your grandmother (sincerely)

Also... 26-23. That pick 6 was lucky; aside from that, the kicker choked completely and tannehill couldn't get anything done at all in the second half. Ravens got 6 sacks, no turnovers though. Torrey Smith is a monster, Doss is finally becoming something good, Thompson is showing that he's reliable, and Dickson made catches. Finally, our run game got going after weeks of struggle, and our oline gave Flacco some time in the pocket. Our offense was balanced.

BRING IT, GREEN BAY. Ravens won an away game in Miami, no way in hell are we gonna lose at home to some pussy ass oline even if it's Rodgers back there.

Pretty sad about;

Lions losing

Palmer pick in the endzone

Lovin;

Colts and Seahawks game looked good and I love both teams so I'm glad it was so close

Saints won

Patriots lose even if it's to a divisional rival. They're suffering from the same deficiencies on offense we have been and nice to see it's caught up to them.

Edited by Lord Raven

Damn it, my fav teams need to stop throwing away the game at the last minute. >_>

At least the Dolphins still have a shot at the playoffs. Cause I kinda have less hope for the Steelers. I might switch to a Dolphins avy temporarily.

And thanks, Lord Raven. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Peyton Manning is tearing up the Cowboys. He has 3 TD pass with 5 mins left in the 1st half. And they just got the ball back. I hope he gets 8 today.

Patriots lost and Brady's TD streak ended. It's a good day.

Boohoo. I'm so upset we lost a game. Also I love you all too. Nobody in new england thinks we will win the Super Bowl this year. We dont have any connection between the recievers and Brady. Look at Dobson and Brady they're reading different things on the same play. The only thing that I'm upset about is that Brady will never break Bree's record now.

I saw the score and the state line. Shit! Broncos are my #2 team and have been for a few years but Peyton's stats are ridiculous. 20/1 TD/Int with 1 rushing TD.

Anyways, Houston@SF... Go Boldin and Reed! Fuck everyone else.

Boohoo. I'm so upset we lost a game. Also I love you all too. Nobody in new england thinks we will win the Super Bowl this year. We dont have any connection between the recievers and Brady. Look at Dobson and Brady they're reading different things on the same play. The only thing that I'm upset about is that Brady will never break Bree's record now.

Brees'* but he's beaten Unitas record which hurts me as a person born in Baltimore :(

BRING IT, GREEN BAY. Ravens won an away game in Miami, no way in hell are we gonna lose at home to some pussy ass oline even if it's Rodgers back there.

gladly

Ah, well, I was hoping for a win from the Bears... at least Alshon Jeffrey is finally emerging. Saints were the better team though and I'm okay with the Saints winning.

4-2 isn't really that bad.

Also my condolences about your grandmother Ana.

Thanks, JSND.

Well, none of my three favorite teams won this week, though that's partly because the Steelers had a bye. I don't know what happened with the Dolphins, but Newton's Panther receivers need to start catching balls and not causing interceptions.

Lions tied for the NFC north. Awesome game against Chicago. Our defense actually played up to it's potential and we only had 3 penalties the whole game. I was irate at the end of the game when Durham got speared by a Bears defender on the last onsides kick and no flag at all. Fucking bullshit if it had been a Lions player they'd have been thrown out. Fuck the refs and Goodell

Idk if you got a chance to see the game against the Packers, but I couldn't help but feel that again that game. Lions were getting called for EVERYTHING. I know I have a little fan bias and I can't help that, but it almost was like the refs would throw a flag and THEN try and figure out a reason for it (I say this because there were a few times where penalties were called that didn't look relatively bad, or there were times where they'd have to pick the flag up because there wasn't actually a penalty). What sucks is that those penalties played a huge factor in the Pack's win, since it made drives that should have ended in punts become drives that ended with points. Now I'm not saying the Packers didn't deserve to win, because they clearly did. I'm just saying the game was a lot closer than score showed and the defense played so much better than you'd think.

Idk if you got a chance to see the game against the Packers, but I couldn't help but feel that again that game. Lions were getting called for EVERYTHING. I know I have a little fan bias and I can't help that, but it almost was like the refs would throw a flag and THEN try and figure out a reason for it (I say this because there were a few times where penalties were called that didn't look relatively bad, or there were times where they'd have to pick the flag up because there wasn't actually a penalty). What sucks is that those penalties played a huge factor in the Pack's win, since it made drives that should have ended in punts become drives that ended with points. Now I'm not saying the Packers didn't deserve to win, because they clearly did. I'm just saying the game was a lot closer than score showed and the defense played so much better than you'd think.

Well, that's okay, because I was wondering when your DBs were going to get called for a penalty the entire game. Then a Packers WR got called for a hold.

That's pretty funny. I thought that the calls were a little rough for the Packers, actually. The Pack did get penalized more I believe

Fuck you Atlanta. 0-3 against the AFC East. If they actually pull off a win when they play Buffalo it will be the ultimate kick in the face...

I just thought of this, who has the "Madden Curse" this year?