NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

The mother is a terrible person for not being more protective of the kid. And the man is the worst kind of scum in this world. Anyone who is capable of abusing a child deserves to die a slow painful death.
Im mostly concerned for AP. He was hundreds of miles away when it happened.

I agree with you 100%. That kid was still practically a BABY too. Prayers out to Peterson as well.

Also, fingers crossed that the Steelers finally get a win on Sunday!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ To make it even more sad, I read this morning that AP didnt even know about the kid until recently. The 1st time AP ever met the kid was when he was hooked up to life support in the hospital.

Well, good luck today everyone.

Damn, he didn't even get to know his kid? That sucks even more. :(

Well, going to the Steeler game, I can't believe the refs missed an obvious roughing the punter penalty on the Jets, but it doesn't matter anymore at this point.

The defense is starting to look like the Steel Curtain again though. For the first time, I finally see them hold a team to a field goal when they were just few yards from the endzone. And Ben avoiding being sacked in the endzone like that earlier was sweet. :D

Just... The rest of this offense. Again. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

Damn, how is Green Bay@Baltimore turning into a defensive game

Anyway, Jimmy Smith just intercepted Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is playing lights out in this game - and by that I mean his lights are out.

Edited by Lord Raven

The Steelers hadn't had any forced turnovers this season...

And they got TWO picks today! We're finally gonna win today too! My pro Steeler team is finally back! Watch out Ravens, a fired up team is coming at you next week!

And I still love Antonio Brown. Forget Wallace, Antonio Brown has ROCKED hard! :D

EDIT: Also, I can't believe I can say the Steelers dominated this game entirely. The offense was even great for the most part, with a lot of plays where Ben had great protection and even though a few slip-ups still got him sacked, it never really mattered.

The defense was amazing too, never letting the Jets get a single TD, only a few field goals. And those two picks too,

And let's not forget Ben running for a first to get first and goal and avoiding a sack in the endzone. EVERYBODY did awesome today! We need to see this against the Ravens next week, and I'll have hope for their season entirely again. Those changes Tomlin made seems to have worked really well!

Edited by Anacybele

Damn, how is Green Bay@Baltimore turning into a defensive game

Anyway, Jimmy Smith just intercepted Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is playing lights out in this game - and by that I mean his lights are out.

cuz GB got a damn good defense lately. But, yeah, I didn't expect the Ravens to have such a hard time with Matthews out of the mix, then Perry getting injured later.

But, dang that was a good, close game. In the end I'd give the game ball to Finley. He came through when the Pack needed him most, with Cobb and Jones going down.

Edited by Mr. Haar

So the Ravens lost, Browns lost, and Cincy is in OT with Buffalo. The Steelers might actually be the only AFC North team to win this week. lol

Also, I see the Panthers won! Yeah! All my teams won this week after everyone lost last week! Woohoo! Though this time, Miami had a bye. :P

So y'all ready to watch the Jags implode as Peyton dominates yet another scrub team?

Manning had 250 yards and 4 TDs at opening kickoff, didn't he?

Edit: Also, the Pack will be the best team in football if the offense ever gets its head out of its butt.

Edited by nflchamp

I am not sad about this game, and I especially will be okay if Cincy loses. Holy shit if we had one more stop it would've been won by us given the way we were going - that 4th and 21 conversion to Doss and then a Clark one handed catch was ridiculous. Our run game still fuckin blows though, I have no idea why we don't go back to the blocking scheme we had in the playoffs last year -_-. Pretty mad about how we lost one fumble but you guys lost zero despite being stripsacked a lot, and how nothing came of that Jimmy Smith interception. Mad that our corners keep getting burned once a game, too. Not mad at that 4th and goal call; it was the right call considering we couldn't foresee the rest of the game. Should've been a pass play.

Flacco was so clutch in this game, our defense was not. Generally been the story of the last two losses too, defense kept getting burned deep, defense kept choking in a situation where they need a 3 and out, etc. Our offense was on fire after that pass to Doss

Eugene Monroe is giving Flacco more time in the pocket than McKinnie was generally, which is good. Hopefully Pittsburgh can be a bounce back game - I think if our defense did this to the Packers then Pittsburgh will have it even worse.

Edited by Lord Raven

I dunno, the Steeler defense shut down the Jets pretty hard. The Ravens might not find it so easy to score next week. But you're on, Raven! Whoever wins, let's just hope it's a game worth watching! :)

Agreed next week's gonna be good, hopefully we can win an away game this month... we just lost our only home game.

Jets offense isn't that good generally at all, they beat the Falcons because Falcons defense is legitimately the worst in the league or something close. Thing is that Ravens D is much much better than Jets D even though Rex Ryan is a way better defensive guy than both Harbaugh and Dean Pees, simply because of the talent and our offense is way more productive than NYJ's. But it's also an away game...

FUCK BENGALS WON :( our team's gonna get better though... it's true too, our offense is starting to click harder due to our receivers being back. But I still can't deal with this bullshit with our run game - it's not getting anywhere at all... That blind faith in the run game is what prevented us from converting that 4th and goal.

Yeah, boo Bengals for winning. :(

I realize that the Ravens offense is going to be better than that of the Jets, you're right. Because there's no way Flacco and his guys are as bad as Geno Smith and the Jets were (what happened to Mark Sanchez though? Did he retire or get the boot or something?). But I still have a feeling that this will end up being a low-scoring game with a lot of defense going on. Or that it'll just be close.

So y'all ready to watch the Jags implode as Peyton dominates yet another scrub team?

Right now it's not looking so lopsided as one might expect. The Broncos might have overlooked this game a bit or perhaps they're just not that good (they did almost lose to Dallas).

Underprepared or not taking it seriously is likely

"they're not that good" doesn't apply because they put up an average of 45 points in their first 5 points against teams way better than Jacksonville (Dallas, Oakland, Philadelphia, Baltimore). The only truly incompetent team they've destroyed was New York.

Edited by Lord Raven

The Ravens? Not good defensively? lol that's far from true. Their defense has always been excellent as far as I've seen. It's one reason they always had a great AFC North rivalry with the Steelers. :/

And I don't even like the Ravens and I'm admitting this. In fact, I have to say their defense pretty much nearly equaled that of the Steelers in the past several years. They even have their own Troy Polamalu equivalent in Ed Reed, whom are often compared.

(just that obviously, the Steeler offense sucked butt for awhile this season)

Edited by Anacybele

They, like the Steelers, were maybe good in previous years but that doesn't really have any bearing on this year. They lost to the Bills, color me unimpressed.

Edited by -Cynthia-