Which do you prefer, offense or defense?

IceBrand

Which strategy do you prefer?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice?

• Offense
    • Defense

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't exactly see the point of one without the other

Offensive is cool and all but if you're wreckless then next thing you know you are dead and you lose

Defensive helps you stay alive!.... but your opponent stays alive too... *shruggy* I just don't see the point of choosing preferences when I believe in a balance of both

/partypooper

/too much thinking

Edited by Freohr Datia

Heehee yes if speed were an option I would totally choose it~ I think speed would probably contribute both offensively and defensively though? =o So in a way speed is kinda like a "both!" option~

You brutes, even with a good offense if your strength isn't good enough to break the guard then it's useless.

I get what your saying here. I heard it in a story once, where there's a sword that can defeat anything that went up against a shield that can't be defeated. Which do you think wins?

Just another way to look at it

Edited by HeroKingMarth

I know this isn't an option, but why have offense or defense when you can have skill. With the right amount of skill, you can get around any condition, whether it be brute force or unshakable defense

I get what your saying here. I heard it in a story once, where there's a sword that can defeat anything that went up against a shield that can't be defeated. Which do you think wins?

Just another way to look at it

First of all, it was a Halberd, not a sword. Second, those two items contradict each other. Finally, I believe that's why the Chinese word for 'contradiction' is made up of two characters, one meaning Halberd, the other meaning 'Shield'.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

First of all, it was a Halberd, not a sword. Second, those two items contradict each other. Finally, I believe that's why the Chinese word for 'contradiction' is made up of two characters, one meaning Halberd, the other meaning 'Shield'.

And then there's the Cranidos and Shieldon Pokemon lines to bring that to mind.

In games I value offense more than anything else. Whoever can do the greatest amount of damage in the shortest amount of time is who I go for.

In real life however I am far more fascinated by defensive tools. The concept of armor is just amazing to me. <3

Okay, so I got the weapon wrong, but my point was leaning towards what your motives are in a battle, to win, or just not lose? With a weapon that can beat anything, that only means you can win. Keyword: CAN.Should the situation change, and things turn against you, an all powerful weapon won't help you and can even be a disadvantage. (Take the counter skill for example)Or worse comes to worst, where you're unable to take the offensive. And even if you do win in the end, there's no guarantee you'll win the next time and

With a shield that can't be beat, regardless what circumstance that may occur, you won't lose because it's impossible, so long as that shield is intact you're invincible. And though the fight will continue for a while, eventually that offense will die out and then there's nothing to get in the way of winning

Its probably just an ideal but the overall moral here is that offense can bring you to win, but it can't stop you from losing and that your only as strong as your weakest link.

I know, it's not the most fun way but its more effective

Excuse me for being such a bore

EDIT: and this is assuming that its a one on one battle between +offense/-defense and -offense/+defense on equal conditions

Edited by HeroKingMarth