QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

getting two from me too

so, first up for total enjoyment is definitely differential calculus. i had already taken calc in high school, making this class super easy. the teach is what made the class fantastic. he was an old new yorker dude that had some of the best stories one would like to hear during math class.

in terms of enjoying the material, wave mechanics/simple harmonic motion/light mechanics course was the best i've taken thus far. unlike my other physics professors, this dude was not an uncaring arrogant dick, was pretty great at teaching, and was inspiring. the material itself is among my favorite too; everything about light is so incredibly interesting i can't handle it. its propagation, the mystery of its origins, the laws surrounding it, everything. it's so wonderfully interesting and exciting to learn about.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

University:

Out of all the courses in first year, my favoite one had to be Physics: Introduction to the universe. That course was absolutely fantastic. The teacher was engaging and insightful. The classes were full of jaw dropping moments and the assignments were extremely fun and challenging. The whole course outshined every other one in my first year. It was the one course I would look forward to. Every monday and wednesday i would be so excited that the next day would be tuesday/thursday because i'd get to go to that class.

It was kind of a shame and anti-climatic that modern physics was right next after this course. That course shared some of the topics Intro t the universe had, except it did it much more poorly. The teacher was very engaging, but he expected far much more from all of us, than our mathematical abilities could handle. I mean, he tried to explain it, and told us how to use the mathematics in them without getting too much into how exactly it works, but there was not enough time. It just was a pain to be there. Fuck, that General Relativity section was so god damn hard. Didn't help that the assignment had to be hand written.

Edited by SlayerX

My favorite class of all time was Computer Programming II.

Why? Made this thing. (A little RM2k3 game called "Zion: Record of Ivala"-- this is just a demo of a dead project sadly as after the class was done, I lacked the motivation to finish it. It's somewhat buggy in places (weather system... the "final" boss fight.... but otherwise is about a 2 hour FF6-sytled RPG.)

Don't ask why RPG Maker 2K3 was getting used in that class. I swear I had nothing to do with it. (Oh wait..)

Edited by Airship Canon

US History can't be that hard, seeing as the US isn't even 300 years old yet (and thus, there isn't much history to actually study).

Anyway, the Nuclear Astrophysics module of my degree was the most enjoyable to take.

Unsurprisingly my favorite courses are always those associated with Japanese. I'm good at it and tend to know the material presented already or adapt to it better than most. I also tended to like some of the earlier science courses because my lame encyclopedic knowledge let me look really smart and know all the basic stuff~

I also liked music courses. Piano and guitar were great fun because I could dick around and practice what I wanted and still keep pace with the class.

All of you that liked math can eat a dynamite-flavored dick. Calculus was the reason I decided against Civil Engineering. V__V

Edited by Esau of Isaac

History of the French Revolution, because the professor was the most amazing person I have ever had the honour of taking classes from. While I have taken all his classes, his French Revolution class stood out the most, mainly due to my interest in French history circa 1600s-early 1800s.

US History can't be that hard, seeing as the US isn't even 300 years old yet (and thus, there isn't much history to actually study).

I actually just like the events better.

And my teacher teaches like they're telling story. So.

Vietnamese history is boring as hell.

New question. Consider this a bit of a follow-up

What extracurricular activities did you do while growing up? You do not need to list all of them.

For instance, I used to do soccer, long distance track, Science club, etc.

Edited by Interest

Anyway, the Nuclear Astrophysics module of my degree was the most enjoyable to take.

I'm sorry the United States doesn't get conquered by Teutonic barbarians as much as your beloved United Kingdoms, please do not take out your frustrations on other nations with less propensity to suffer repeated cultural genocide in the space of a millenium.