QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come now, you werent even alive during that year.

Shin wasn't born in 1979 (according to his profile, he was born in 1992), but he nominated it anyway.

Also, I was alive during 1984 (having been born in October of that year).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

It's in his profile, though, so everyone could know if they'd looked. He's not really keeping it a secret.

What does this have to do with the statement "I would never have guessed [your age]. You're remarkably childish for a 29-year old."

I mean you're probably just going to sidestep the point and act intentionally obtuse, pretending you don't understand full well what I mean, but

Edited by Parrhesia

Last year, when I was on a boarding school. I had crazy roomies and Outdoor Survival as a Subject of Interest, and in the weekends we would watch movies all night in the common rooms and everything was just great and awesome.

Too bad it had to end, though...

Edited by Azura

People thinking their birth year was the best is pretty silly. What, you're so awful that you were at your best when you were the complete opposite of having a definitive personality, a set of achievements and a series of experiences that you can reflect upon - fondly or otherwise? The world was at its best when you were so far from being unique that you were literally neutral in all ways, then became progressively worse as you matured into the piece of garbage you now are?

no I don't think anyone can truly say their favourite year was the year they were born

I don't think I've gone a whole year without shit being terrible at some point, nor have my better years been so good as to top other good years I've had, and all the years before I was born are just years which led up to my own so, from my perspective, I can't have a single favourite year. Any year I would pick to be my favourite isn't so much better than any other that I couldn't have picked the other instead.

Perhaps I could try to pick a favourite year from ~the future~ instead, but even if I picked a year based on some yet-to-occur event that would assuredly make it my favourite that would make the likely incorrect assumption that such an event would even occur, let alone during a specific year should I be so bold as to predict the exact date within the nearest year.

Or I could be a git and say my favourite year is this year, because this year is the culmination of all past years with me at the best I've been, and it is the present and the present is a ~gift~.

New question!

What would be your ideal afterlife? Before people start pulling the religion card and stuff on me, this is more asking about what sort of stupidly crazy and fantastic stuff, state, and so on you would desire (obviously in conjunction with each other) but most likely will never get due to being shackled to mortal coils and other physical restrictions and the like.

I'd probably want to have an afterlife where I have full control of the internet (or whatever will network humanity together) and the strongest connection to it possible (plus the ability to communicate, since communication between dead people to living people is somewhat limited usually). It would be like I'm a deity of the interwebs or something I guess. Also I would want a giant screen showing what's happening to various individuals of my choosing (will not name). Any other obvious human pleasures whenever I want (like food, since chances are starving to death isn't a thing in the afterlife) would be a good bonus as well.

Edited by Interest

A nonexistent one. Any eternal life would be hell on a long enough timeline.

Wouldn't mind being a ghost if I could still die.

Edited by Makaze

an (1) eternity pumping iron with my very brother

alt answer: whatever the LORD has in store for me will be perfect and will probably include pumping iron with my very brother

Edited by Integrity