QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of games using poker cards(or whatever it is called)

The game "Capsa" is fairly popular around here

As for CCG's card games, I used to play Children's Card Games, but it was too much of a money sink, and the game become a mess lately, not to mention the whole issue with card economy

Nowadays I played vanguard that, at least has a constant card economy

Weeeeeell I used to play Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh, Go fish, War, (and on the computer) Solitaire and FreeCell. And with IRC I used to play Uno a lot~ Currently I haven't really been playing anything.

The only card games I put any significant investment into were Yu-Gi-Oh and the Pokemon Trading Card game and Yu-Gi-Oh. I only played Yu-Gi-Oh for about half a year, but I played Pokemon for ages. I never collected cards after Wizards of the Coast stopped were no longer involved, aside from my getting a few Team Rocket Returns EX booster packs (I can't believe those cards, which still feel 'new' to me, are nearly ten years old now). I played with my Dad from 1998 until 2009, and I still maintain very strong sentimental attachments to those cards because of that. Sadly, I never completed any sets aside from Base, Fossil, and Team Rocket, but I nearly completed Jungle and I have a smattering of cards from the Neo sets.

I'm interested in picking up another card game... but I'm not willing to invest in what could become a huge timesink at the moment. I also don't really have anyone to play with anyways unless I played a game online.

Edited by Wist

Used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, as well as collect hockey cards.

I no longer engage in either. Yu-Gi-Oh got too complex with all the ridiculous effects and shit, while my hockey cards are on the other end of the country and I just can't be arsed to send for them.

I've always been rather fond of Canasta (even more so of the variant Hand and Foot). In college I played incredible amounts of 500. Other (non-traditional) card games that I really enjoy include Dominion and Race for the Galaxy. Don't get involved with M:tG, that is an addiction waiting to happen, and your wallet will be happier with your having followed my advice.

Dominion is my favorite. :3 My family has all but the three most recent expansions and the promo cards. (Maybe we'll have all the expansions by this time next year!)

For some reason I enjoy Rummoli even though it's mostly luck-based and I tend to greatly dislike luck-based games. Mille Bornes is fun, too~