QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karate with Judo on fridays (same dojo) and Kendo late Thursdays and Saturday morning.

College scheduling happened, though. I still spar with a friend so I don't get out of practice. If I don't end up working too far away might go back again, though I'm also interested in wushu (since I'm Chinese etc, personal cultural reasons).

Muay Thai is very appealing to me, but I don't know if I'll ever have the health for it.

It's REALLY rough on the body. Be careful.

Whether I know any sort of martial art or not is something I don't intend on answering. :P:

+1 more "did TKD for some years" - school gave me a black belt, though I'm also a long time out of practice. I've thought of taking aikido or hapkido, but haven't looked up any local places in a while

Martial arts can be interesting as a self-improvement tool, even if you're not specifically in it to learn how to beat somebody up (though I'm kinda hesitating to say they're still a surefire good idea to take if you really don't want to do any sparring whatsoever). Some have demonstrations of form, which probably have a lot in common with dancing, woven into them.

I was going to say something like "it's kind of a halfway point between yoga and dane," but come to think of it I'm not sure if either of those include much "throwing punches/kicks in a way that could actually hurt somebody, even if they're just hitting air"

(speaking of which, yoga's another thing I've thought would be cool to take)

nope. i'd like to learn jeet kune do if that counts.

may i make a QOTD suggestion?

favourite/least favourite year of your life?

Will do. Adding that to the list.

New question!

What is your favorite (non-tree) plant?

Mine is probably the salmonberry because I used to see these shrubs all over during hikes and their berries were more or less tasty. If I was in a survival situation in the areas I lived I'd sure as heck try to search for one of these.

Edited by Interest

*turns it into favourite flower* Wild honeysuckle!! I love how they smell~ I quite like how they look too!

But I think ferns are also really pretty =o

And the rattlesnake plant is cute and I need to stop it here before I start turning this into a long list because I really just like plants ;u;

Edited by Freohr Datia

Flowers... Purple, White, Tiger Lilies, and Purple Tiger Lilies... I like lilies, specifically.

I also like white roses, and I like the presence that dendrobiums have, there are more, but I can't remember the names of them all...

*turns it into favourite flower* Wild honeysuckle!! I love how they smell~ I quite like how they look too!

This takes me back to my youth... Although I never encountered the wild variety, I remember being egged on by cousin to try and suck the honey out a honeysuckle... it had a nectar, honey like taste. (go figure)

Aughfjg man its really hard to choose because I like a lot of flowers/plants.. I wish I could do gardening but I have such an irrational and extreme fear of bees so I don't see how I can besides keeping a flower in a pot indoors SIGH..

I think I'm going to go with hydrangeas because of how lovely they are.