QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

Seeing as I have herculean strength, an IQ bordering omniscience, the wit and tact of Frank Underwood, the dexterity of a bolt of lightning and the constitution of a United States of America I would say I'm:

str: 8

dex: 11

con: 8

int: 13

wis: 10

cha: 13

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Give a numerical representation of your real-life skills, and maybe some specialized feats," and/or "The person I'd like to be, represented numerically via DnD stats," come to mind as things I'd personally find a bit more interesting, but that's just me

I waffle a lot regarding "the person I want to be," both in an abstract "what qualities do I want to posses" way and a "what do I want to do with my future" way, and I kinda feel like that bled into my first experiences playing games with DnD stat systems, like KOTOR- I'd make a character with all 12's and 14's, and wonder why my characters either barely squeaked by a challenge or seemed to never be able to do anything themselves without either help or a ton of items.

My current extant stats would just read like a minion NPC's

Not even an enemy minion that a PC might theoretically miss, like a 1HP townie

+Con, Wis. -.....

Actually, just +everything. I know for a fact I'm physically strong, flexible, and durable. I'm also somewhat smart, damned good at reading people, and able to talk to people if I want to.

Probably a Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 12 spread.

Maybe swapping Dex and Con

lol

EDIT: i mean really, excellent post

Edited by Integrity

+Con, Wis. -.....

Actually, just +everything. I know for a fact I'm physically strong, flexible, and durable. I'm also somewhat smart, damned good at reading people, and able to talk to people if I want to.

Probably a Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 12 spread.

Maybe swapping Dex and Con

I didn't know we were in the presence of someone clearly so much greater than your average human

Y'all need to stop laughing at him and recognize his superiority

It begins

Nah, depending on your race 20 would be. If we're just judging by 3D6, though, then yeah. The mean would be 10.5, and the standard deviation would be 3. So that would mean most would be between 7.5 and 13.5 points. 18 would be equivalent to, like, 140 IQ, if we just plopped it into the system.

Anyways, I don't think it's unfair for people to rate their intelligence most highly, even if it's not super high. People who enjoy their time posting on an internet message board are more likely to be sedentary, no?

If I had to rate myself in the D&D system where 10-11 is average and 18 is prodigous, it'd probably be something like:

Strength: 12

Dexterity: 12

Constitution: 13

Intelligence: 14

Wisdom: 11

Charisma: 9

I was tempted to post scores for skills too but that seems a bit overboard. :S

Just an estimate, I haven't really played much D&D so just going off of other peoples' explanations of how things work here.

Strength: 8

Dexterity: 14

Constitution: 11

Intelligence: 14

Wisdom: 12

Charisma: 10

EDIT OK, actually read through this (http://dmingwithcharisma.com/2011/10/dd-stats-in-simple-language/), edited values accordingly. Apparently I'm more dexterous and charismatic than I thought. Thanks low self esteem.

Edited by Refa

that is exactly Two (2) more charisma than is required to be able to speak.

Hahaha, damn. I am 90% sure I can do slightly more than that!

I've never played D&D...

Also aren't these questions supposed to be applicable to the vast majority of people here, so, Interest, do you think you could come up with one (or at least give us an alternate question).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I've never played it either, but it's pretty easy to tell what each ability means from the descriptions given in the link he provides. Even without the link the abilities are generally pretty straightforward. I'm sure if you tried you could answer it with ease.

EDIT OK, actually read through this (http://dmingwithcharisma.com/2011/10/dd-stats-in-simple-language/), edited values accordingly. Apparently I'm more dexterous and charismatic than I thought. Thanks low self esteem.

According to that my constitution isn't utter shit

since FE screwed up my perception of it I thought it'd be shit because I'm short :c

Revised edition would probably put Int > Str > Dex? Con? >Wis? Cha?

Okay going to attempt numbers

Int: anything from 13-16 depending on awake-ness and motivation and amount of math involved. 9 if writing essays

Str: 13

Dex: 7 at long range, 12-13 at short range

Con: 11-12

Wis: 10-11 maybe 12 sometimes?

Cha: 10 or something I dunno I'm not absymal socially I guess

Son if you say anything I will drop my many math textbooks on your head and tell you go study all of them like a good son who does not disgrace my famiry

Edited by Thor Odinson

Oh hi new link =o

Wow, so all my ability scores I've been given are all just around the middle~ I'm so average x3

With this newfound knowledge though, even though I would think I'm better at enduring and putting up with things than anything else I guess that's not quite what constitution is. Asthma really hinders me so I guess it really wouldn't be my highest~

Soooo lowest is strength, highest is..... intelligence or wisdom

I make a lot of stupid decisions and mistakes - constantly again and again - for being best at intelligence/wisdom... how pathetic ;n;

Edited by Freohr Datia

Using that (3E) link as reference, I suppose it'd be a clear +int -cha here

str 10, dex 8, con 12, int 14, wis 10, cha 6

or something

Edited by TheEnd

Strength : average, 10-12

Dexterity : below average, around 8

Constitution : above average, 14ish, perhaps more

Intelligence : above average, 12-15 depending of the day

Wisdom : above average, 12-14

Charisma : better than it used to be, 10-13 or so

I'd probably be a Wizard or a Druid.

okay let's see this numbers thing

str probably 12

dex probably 9 or 10; i can usually catch objects but also trip over my own feet so

con 11

int 16

wis 13 or maybe 14, more likely 13

cha 16 or possibly 17

Going by the link guidelines...? Rounding down where not certain:

Str: 10

Dex: 12

Con: 10

Int: 14

Wis: 16

Cha: ? Highly variable.

Still not happy with self-grading...