Beneath the Shadows General Chat

scorri

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear. We're likely about to start the battle... >_>

Well, I guess worst case you can post rolls and edit in flavor later or something if we choose to have you act. Or, if you really think you won't be able to, you could sit out, buuuuuuut would prefer to avoid that if possible.

Just got one in. Again, I'll try and get something out; the message is more for covering my butt. Still, 3-D calculus is not something to be trifled with. Especially if a 95 or above=A in course.

Toogee, Chandra only took 2 damage from Blaster B I think.

[1(from roll) + 5(Blaster B Mt) - 2(WTD) - 3(Chandra's Res)] x 2(Crit) = [1] x 2

= 2 Damage total.

Chandra 10/12 hp

Toogee, Chandra only took 2 damage from Blaster B I think.

[1(from roll) + 5(Blaster B Mt) - 2(WTD) - 3(Chandra's Res)] x 2(Crit) = [1] x 2

= 2 Damage total.

Chandra 10/12 hp

Edited in comment. Will clean up post when I get home

a) You're not all doomed.

b) Chill.

c) In the future, you guys should consider writing out the whole plan before acting on it so people who aren't on IRC can comment on it and realize where we are/how many combat posts we have left. Toogee had no way of knowing that there was only one post left from your chat post.

I don't get why you all are freaking out. Like seriously guys? It's a battle in a freaking RP. It's not some sort of LTC Fire Emblem play through. Okay, you die, you lose a couple of points that could have been prevented had someone not made a mistake but really guys? Like, I'm new here so I don't know the way this all works but from my point of view, it's pretty pathetic. Stop making a big deal out of nothing and calm the hell down instead of going "wah wah no wun listen 2 me so I do what I want now k".

Honestly. I'm amazed at some of the people here.
And not in a good way. >_>

What we probably lost, was the +20 to everyone for having us all up at the end. If it was just me going down and not getting more kill points or whatever, fine, if it doesn't interfere, it's a bummer, but whatever.

Okay, +20 would have been great I agree. But if that doesn't happen so what? Sure the point of having a goal is to reach it, but if we don't, so what? Is this the last battle? No.

Need I remind you that this is the first battle of the RP. We're unfamiliar with each other and some of us don't know what we're doing. It's called learning. Toogee made a mistake big whoop. Dude'll learn to read more thoroughly before posting next time.

In the long run +20 points is not something to get so upset about especially if it ruins the entire mood of the whole RP. People need to stop being so sour and lighten up. Seriously. Why are you bursting a nerve over something that's supposed to be fun? And yes, it's supposed to be fun EVEN IF people accidentally don't listen to your battle plans.

Okay, +20 would have been great I agree. But if that doesn't happen so what? Sure the point of having a goal is to reach it, but if we don't, so what? Is this the last battle? No.

Need I remind you that this is the first battle of the RP. We're unfamiliar with each other and some of us don't know what we're doing. It's called learning. Toogee made a mistake big whoop. Dude'll learn to read more thoroughly before posting next time.

In the long run +20 points is not something to get so upset about especially if it ruins the entire mood of the whole RP. People need to stop being so sour and lighten up. Seriously. Why are you bursting a nerve over something that's supposed to be fun? And yes, it's supposed to be fun EVEN IF people accidentally don't listen to your battle plans.

Yeah I wasn't exactly impressed with the raging.

Could we at least try to play nice folks?

Also, you guys can still get the +20 if you play your cards right

So...apparently I wasn't supposed to attack? It you guys had some sort of plan, maybe you should have posted it here. I can't be on IRC 24/7 to see what plan you've come up with. Especially this week.

Edited my post.

Edited by Toogee

At the moment, I'm sitting on the decision between Caslan chipping on Rider A(aggressive sporting 3def/2res, it's an easy mop after I'm done with him) and or Caster B who will barely scratch Caslan and has a nice 1 Def but I risk missing or 1HKOing. ANy suggestions against these targets or which is the better option for the group is welcomed.

As for some suggestions, Ruffian C can be safely engaged by most swordies since he'll have 4 hit against them. But beware of the 6Mt. His 1Def/Res is very attractive though. 18 Hp means gotta work to bringing him down and if you attack him, make sure he goes down because the healer will heal him at max potential due to same combat team.

I don't recommend taking on Bandit C in our current situation because DAT Eva of 8 man...best bet against this dude is fellow archer Malachi, but even then it's risky.

Also, archers can chip combat teams without counter if they haven't target that combat team yet. Meaning Malachi can attack any of the combat teams not including Ruffian B without worrying about counters and all combat team is free food for Rimsky. Healing should be done to them if they take action though, and we only have 1 potential PP heal of what 3 Hp? Safer option to survive EP is Rimsky, but Malachi's better if we wanna ensure a kill.

Healer is an attractive choice because it doesn't counter attack, but no one doubles it without resolve triggered, so be mind ful of who you send against the healer. Also, that healer heals weakly to anyone not Ruffian C

Fun Fact, Blaster A(Dark) is doubled by a 6Mt Rimsky without counter under resolve. And his partner Blaster B can easily be 1HKOed this phase by almost anyone. But beware, if the two casters go down, we will trigger another team.

At the moment, Aina and Ernce are the two safer combat units, because they take little damage on PP, and even less with some Chip support and one even sports Block, might as well take advantage of it.

I don't recommend the shamans attack anything this phase until they receive heals from Sayina. If Rimsky attacks anything, make sure any heals come after the attack, not before so we can use that Resolve.

That's about all my input at the moment. I'm not actually giving a battle plan, just some bits I find noteworthy so use this as you will.

Edit: If we want to, we can wipe most or all the tome users so that we can take advantage of our higher Def average so that the 'tanks' will not need to fear magic damage on EP much.

Edited by Rothene

Over the past 24hours I've been watching the IRC regarding the current ongoing battle, and in all honesty I haven't been all too impressed. On the contrary I was thinking that this RP wasn't for me, and was considering resigning myself to go join something else (on a different site). I get that many people view stat/battles seriously, but unfortunately I can't relate, nor do I plan to change my intended playstyle to assure we get the bonus points, I don't even care if we lose the battle. (Personally I think it'd be an interesting start to fail our first merc job xD)

As such, while I've agreed to participate in stat battles, I will not be playing in accordance to the "Battle Plan" set out by a individual or group of players. My actions in stat battles will be based on Mira's character and my personal preference. That's not to say that I'm not going to cooperate completely, and it doesn't hurt to suggest. But unless someone can validate plot-wise, why Mira would defend an elf, or a human/dwarf she's not on good terms with, it's not going to pass. Deaths on the team = More loot for her~

I'm well aware that this will most likely upset certain people, but in all honesty, it's probably those exact people that pushed me into this mindset. I'm here to have fun, not to win battles, not to gawk at how amazing your strategies are, and certainly not to have people throwing a tantrum after something unexpected happens.

This is the conclusion I've reached after thinking it over for several long hours. If anyone has a problem I'm on IRC quite often, and am happy to respond to Serenes PM's of a critical nature. I can handle swearing, but pure verbal abuse will be reported. I doubt my mind can be changed regarding this matter, but for all those that this concerns, I figured a warning would be necessary, and that it would be recommended to not include my participation in your strategies as a guaranteed fact.

Thank you

Alright since apparently us noobs are "in charge" of this pp I've come up with something possibly resembling a strategy that is subject to and will undoubtedly change depending on various things (such as the will of the all powerful dice).

Currently we have 5 posts and a bunch of aggro'd enemies to work with but we can easily kill one of them to ensure that no one gets ganged up on. The easiest is Rider A and will be handled by Ernce and Jacob. If they kill him Rimsky, since he currently has resolve active, will attack Ruffian C followed by Rayil who will hopefully kill him. Leon will heal Rimsky afterwords and sneak to safety.

Opinions people?

Edit: Caslan replaced by Rayil.

Edited by Oersted

Well Zeff would have WTD to Rider A and the other lancer would have WTD against Ruffian C (I didn't check but I assume he uses an axe lol). We probably don't want to push our luck too much given the state of everyone else in party so it would be best to reverse those two roles in particular at the very least.