Beneath the Shadows General Chat

scorri

BtS Patch 1.1

Ok, so a few changes have been made, all involving stat stuff.

1) We have removed two trainee levels. So, promotes now go 0/1-->0/2, 0/2-->1/1. Everything else proceeds as normal. Costs for leveling up have been adjusted accordingly as well as promotion bonuses. End number of stat points remains the same.

2) Combat teams! Combat teams will soon be introduced IC and will be used in our next battle. There is a short section explaining them in the combat section now.

3) Finally, point earning has been edited slightly. No matter what, the minimum points that your PC can earn from a battle is the battle's average. So if you earned 16 points in a battle, and the average was 25, you would get 25 points. This is effective immediately and covers the battle that just occurred.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a note for all, I've decided I've got more pressing priorities at the moment, and hence have opted to withdraw from this RP.

There's nothing wrong with the RP specifically, just a change in life habits, combined with more compatible options have led me away from Serenes and off to distant webspaces~

Might pop into IRC on occasion if I ever get bored enough, but to the relief of many Mira's run off, and I should get going too.

Bye bye~

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of activity. I'm in the process of moving from one state to another and so a bit preoccupied. I'm going to try and post tonight, but even then activity won't pick up fully until mid-week, maybe a bit later probably.

So, I'm probably going to be making one maybe two more posts that will involve Sayina telling people what happened and maybe some other stuff. After which, we'll be giving you guys a chance to make a few more posts yourself and then we'll be making a new chapter that will have skipped a few days into the future.

I think I'm done with Zeff interaction posts for this chapter. MIGHT do like, another monologue thing or dream sequence but that's about it. Too busy sulking and being depressed and the like for now.

Unless of course, Adari decides to pay Zeff a visit. ;]He left the door unlocked and everything.

If anyone wants to smack Raelyn upside the head for her current antics, I won't blame you.

Accidentally posted in the ROTE Chat Thread instead of this one (it's 4 AM don't blame me), but basically I was dying at your "weapons as cover up for what they're reaaally doing". Haha.

Guuuuuuys, if you're going to talk about magic canon, you can read the magic canon, or ask m. Like Roth did. For future reference: People using anima magic can only use one type, most people get tested before they discover it on their own, but not all. Any other questions/unknowns about magic, read the following magic canon and if you still have questions, come talk to me.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20342&p=2517515

I've already read that, I just wanted to have an "in-character" discussion on it. ._.

But then, I'm curious. Obviously Zeff's gauntlet is magically powered. So one of the main effects it currently has/had is to augment strength. Due to Zeff's natural weakness, it only brings him up to 'average strength'. I doubt anima magic would be the cause of said type of enhancement, so that leaves light and dark. According to magic cannon, is it possible for someone to put a spell/enchantment on a piece of equipment that can do what I'm describing?

Both light and dark magic "replicate cells" and I'm thinking that can tie in to exactly "how" Zeff's strength is augmented, but I'm not sure which one it should be.

Story wise I can roll both ways. I have a thing on if Zeff's glove is augmented by light, and I have a thing if his glove is augmented by both. I CAN do a thing where it's augmented by both.

Another question would be, can magical essence be stored? So like, a spell would be able to be cast repeatedly and autonomously so long as it has magical energy to feed off of. Or would enchanting a weapon not require such a thing? Unless it can feed off a person's inherent magical being, which I assume everyone has since "everyone has the potential for light magic".

>_>

I'll try and get an answer to you tonight. Short answer, it's possible, and it's probably light magic since light magic creates energy as opposed to using it.

Haha. Alright, but are you suuuuuuure it's Light magic? I just want you to be like 100% sure because whether it's Light or Dark will decide how I further Zeff's character. Flavor-wise and maybe stat-wise.

And going back to the magical essence, would it matter what kind of essence powers a binded spell? For example, lets say light magic is in fact powering Zeff's glove. Can essence from a, say, Anima User power a light based spell? Is essence pure magical energy or has it been affected by a mage's magical inclination already?

As an announcement:

Val is going to be an NPC run by Utsuho. She will be, at some point later in time, be converted into a PC. Therefore, she won't be participating in battles and such for now at least. This isn't exactly something common, but it may occasionally happen from time to time.

In addition, there will be a stat battle coming up somewhat soonish. In this, we'll be using combat teams of four. You guys should start talking about what you want those combat teams to be. Remember that healers heal at half efficiency outside of combat teams.