League of Legends

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to learn how to play. I'm still in beginner bots. My observations:

- If I see Ashe running up the same lane as me, it's gonna be a painful game (I play AD carry)

- No, I am not going to stay put if I see Lux firing a bolt at me, do I look like I want to die?

- "AD carry" does not mean "convince my entire team that we can win despite having our inhibitor destroyed twice".

- The best time to run up to Leona isn't when she starts glowing. I wish I could impart this knowledge to the other guy in my lane.

- I'd rather my meatshield recall than attempt to tough it out and die. Likewise, if I'm staring at double-digit health, I'm outta there.

- I know I have a lot to learn. Telling me that I'm the worst player ever isn't going to make me better.

- Sona announces her presence by making my game lag. ;/

Unless I find melee that dodges really well, I'm probably sticking to ranged and irritating. :P:

On the off chance you guys want to watch me fail, it's thateclipse. Won't be on for a while, 'cause I gotta go to my job.

at least you're very observant of your surroundings in game. the worst thing you can do as a beginner is ignore obvious animations and step in aoe shit / walk into obvious skill shots. they call me hotsauce not only for my knowledge of juking lanes but because i probably get hit by this stuff only 1% of the time, even in competitive tiers.

ad carry is fine to start off at, but i honestly think a lot of people have a better time learning with ap carry because it's easier to spam spells for cs. if you ever get curious about what a hero does or how they owned you, seeking knowledge of their skills / abilities in order to adapt a counter playstyle / hero is a good stepping stone to getting better. it's generally good form to spam "LUX IS FIRIN HER LAZURRRRRRRR" in all chat when you see her charge it up so develop that habit / make a macro asap. glhf !

(don't fall into the every girl gamer category and end up playing support every game, it's not a fun beginner role at all, even with unlimited warding potential.)

Edited by blllack&goldmedalmamba

at least you're very observant of your surroundings in game. the worst thing you can do as a beginner is ignore obvious animations and step in aoe shit / walk into obvious skill shots. they call me hotsauce not only for my knowledge of juking lanes but because i probably get hit by this stuff only 1% of the time, even in competitive tiers.

ad carry is fine to start off at, but i honestly think a lot of people have a better time learning with ap carry because it's easier to spam spells for cs. if you ever get curious about what a hero does or how they owned you, seeking knowledge of their skills / abilities in order to adapt a counter playstyle / hero is a good stepping stone to getting better. it's generally good form to spam "LUX IS FIRIN HER LAZURRRRRRRR" in all chat when you see her charge it up so develop that habit / make a macro asap. glhf !

(don't fall into the every girl gamer category and end up playing support every game, it's not a fun beginner role at all, even with unlimited warding potential.)

Are you insinuating something about support players? ;-;

Support? Ugh. I'd rather snipe and steal kills. Characters I have the most trouble against fall into two catagories:

1. Ridiculously tanky.

2. A certain Void mage whose name I don't remember right now.

the best snipe heroes i remember from this game (for me) were ezreal and lux

i have global killing presence with ezreal and fog of war killing potential with lux. when i like to get up close and personal for quick burst kills and out, it was shaco.

whatever categories those are, remember there are always counters. to everything. whether it's items, available heroes, or adaptive playstyle.

Support? Ugh. I'd rather snipe and steal kills. Characters I have the most trouble against fall into two catagories:

1. Ridiculously tanky.

2. A certain Void mage whose name I don't remember right now.

=P

As for void mage, do Kassadin or Malzahar ring any bells?

Support's a good beginning role because you don't have to worry about last hitting at all, though the downside is that at low levels your lane partner usually can't either making it a bit of waste. Soraka is the first champion I really took to though.

Also I still stick with almost all ranged characters after like 600 games so don't feel pressured to go melee lol.

Support is not a beginner role. Support is advanced.

Beginner supports make the mistake of thinking that they only need to feed the ADC and that's it. That's wrong. The support should have eyes on all the map and suddenly be in mid with the jungler to force a 3v1 gank or something like that. That leads to a dragon or a tower or something else. Furthermore, the support can then ward mid quickly, giving the AP carry less to worry about with regards to ganks.

That's just one example at around level 7 or so. Supports are huge in this game and important as shit. I pretty much only play top/support now.

Note to self: If Ashe goes charging up my lane again, I'm prepared to shop until I turn myself into a machine gun. That took way too long, but I tied her for most kills, so eh.\

Note to self 2: It IS possible to win 3-5 in beginner bots, but it is slow and painful.

Edited by eclipse