Awakening character contest (Tournament of Champions seeding!)

shadykid

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that I used a term similar to overrated in my personal analysis of Henry (which might have come off as character bashing), but let's face it. Every character is overrated to someone, I'm sure. I happen to like Lucina but I know and understand what people hate about her. I dislike Chrom but I know why others herald him as a great character. But the word overrated really adds nothing to a conversation regarding characters. Saying "I hate her because too many others like her for reasons I find stupid" is unhelpful. I'm sure people who are adamantly anti-Ricken could even argue that Ricken is overrated by some if they cared enough to.

I for one will try to avoid this term in the future after seeing it tossed around and realizing not only how (obviously) subjective it is, but also how little it actually adds to an argument.

Not to bash on you, Ana. I'm sure you have good reasons for disliking Lucina because you seem like a smart girl, and I'm glad to see someone else who likes Lissa, but especially one who chose to vote for her against the odds.

I don't dislike Lucina because she has a lot of fans or anything. I dislike her because I find her boring and her design to be ugly. That's that. xP

But thank you, I'm glad you're not trying to bash me or anything.

A character being overrated to me personally may be worth all the hype he or she gets in another person's eyes. I myself am guilty of using the word "overrated" at times, but I'm not going to question why people like what I either don't like or don't see an appeal to, nor will I question why people don't like what I like. I really don't care, and don't see what the fuss of who wins and who loses is such a big deal.

I abstained in the Henry vs Inigo poll because I like them both a lot (even though I must admit that I like Henry a teensy bit more), and I voted in today's poll because I could. I like Lissa and Lucina about the same in personality, so I picked Lucina because I dislike having to staffspam Lissa to level her up.

We are on an Internet forum. You have the ability to think twice before you hit "post", so please watch what you say. There is no reason to throw out words that may offend other people.

I get the feeling that Gaius and Stahl could be close. Gaius gets a lot of vocal love and Stahl is more of a quiet favorite and he tends to do well because of his "bro status". I had to go with Stahl but it'll be interesting to keep an eye on that poll.

As for Cynthia and Lon'qu, I think the two have fanbases that don't really overlap. I thought Lon'qu would have it for sure but when I voted for Cynthia I was surprised to see the lead she had taken.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/943695-fire-emblem-shadow-dragon/faqs/56815

Look at the user rating for dolph and the user rating for Hardin.

Rather than looking at that, I rather look at

"He’ll turn out great, though he’ll have speed problems for a while."

Hardin's review

WHAT

THE

FUCK

Also Sheeda being lower than Catria is outrageous, although SF used to think Sheeda is terrible so I can't blame them.

Edited by Salesmaster MU

I get the feeling that Gaius and Stahl could be close. Gaius gets a lot of vocal love and Stahl is more of a quiet favorite and he tends to do well because of his "bro status". I had to go with Stahl but it'll be interesting to keep an eye on that poll.

As for Cynthia and Lon'qu, I think the two have fanbases that don't really overlap. I thought Lon'qu would have it for sure but when I voted for Cynthia I was surprised to see the lead she had taken.

Not saying that Stahl is bad, I like him, kind of..

But I don't understand why he is so popular.. Why?

Not saying that Stahl is bad, I like him, kind of..

But I don't understand why he is so popular.. Why?

Because Stahl is one of, if not THE nicest character in the entire cast, he doesn't have a bad support on him, he's a beastly unit with a little luck, and he's definitely in the top three for best fathers in the game.

[/nods] Those are a few short and simple reasons.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/943695-fire-emblem-shadow-dragon/faqs/56815

Look at the user rating for dolph and the user rating for Hardin.

I was talking more along the lines of character popularity and choose Dolph because he comes across as the most forgettable unit in the series. Nevertheless somewhere out there on the vast ocean that is the internet, a group of people are complaining about how well loved Dolph is.

Edited by Jotari

Lonny and Stahl for me! But I love Gaius too, he's hilarious and epic and has some of my favorite lines in the game lol. "Like candy from a babe!" "So long, sucker!"

I also just noticed something. In Frederick's group, he's right in the middle. He always is in these things, it seems. I'm going to start calling him the Alto Knight (alto means "middle") lol.

Edited by Anacybele

Lonny and Stahl for me! But I love Gaius too, he's hilarious and epic and has some of my favorite lines in the game lol. "Like candy from a babe!" "So long, sucker!"

I also just noticed something. In Frederick's group, he's right in the middle. He always is in these things, it seems. I'm going to start calling him the Alto Knight (alto means "middle") lol.

Haha?

Because Stahl is one of, if not THE nicest character in the entire cast, he doesn't have a bad support on him, he's a beastly unit with a little luck, and he's definitely in the top three for best fathers in the game.

[/nods] Those are a few short and simple reasons.

Also, personally, I love his confession to MU. "Milady, I may never take my eyes off of you again... unless I'm about to walk into a wall." Or something to that effect. He's nice, his gimmick is being normal and hungry (which for some reason I find endearing) and he makes a good unit/dad as Vash just said. But I can understand him fading into the background in a cast of characters who are just so diverse and encompass such a broad spectrum of funny or likeable tropes.

The good thing about Stahl is the fact that he is SO Normal. This make him look better than the entire cast by default. Having tons of cool supports are just a bonus

Oh also he cooks and is the type of dude who does laundry. Thats awesome

inb4 someone triggering the trap card

Edited by Salesmaster MU

Haha?

I just find it funny that Frederick always ends up average in terms of popularity. Not loved a lot, but not disliked much either. He's always just "okay" to most people. Yet, average is hardly the word to describe him as a character. lol I would use obsessive-compulsive instead. lol

And as for Stahl, I love him cause he's so nice too! And he's a great unit. I also tend to dig the green cavalier knights. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I just find it funny that Frederick always ends up average in terms of popularity. Not loved a lot, but not disliked much either. He's always just "okay" to most people. Yet, average is hardly the word to describe him as a character. lol I would use obsessive-compulsive instead. lol

And as for Stahl, I love him cause he's so nice too! And he's a great unit. I also tend to dig the green cavalier knights. ^^

Frederick is actually Stahl confirmed

Well, that makes him average for this place.