Motherfucker... can we act like civilized human beings? PLEASE?

What am civilized human beings? :P:

In all seriousness, we can have a discussion on what we think are the most overrated pairings without insulting everyone else who likes a pairing one dislikes and trying to shove one's opinions down everyone's throats.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's going too far. At least it isn't blind reasoning.

Yeah, dude does not go into every pairing topic simply to say "NO FUCK NO GEROME LUCINA SHOULD NOT BE DONE EVER OMG" even if the set up does not include Gerome Lucina

Yeah, dude does not go into every pairing topic simply to say "NO FUCK NO GEROME LUCINA SHOULD NOT BE DONE EVER OMG" even if the set up does not include Gerome Lucina

Then, I apologetically retract my previous statement.

You just hate it because you ship yourself with Lucina. Grow up

Explain why I also happen to ship Lucina with Inigo, Owain, Laurent and Morgan(M) then. Oh wait...

(I also ship Gerome with Severa pretty damn hard so it's not "Gerome sucks". (But wait, I also ship Severa with Owain and Laurent, so it's not a case of that.))

No, I hate it because there's no redeeming factors to it. AT ALL.

(Also, people thinking I'm insulting them, when I'm just insulting that godawful pairing. lolreally, can you read?)

Well, this thread has long since hit its logical conclusion (then again what else could you expect of threads where you rant about how much you hate a pairing, they are a cancer)...

3zMCW.jpg

Edited by Soran Ibrahim

You know, watching people vent so much hatred against a silly thing like a pairing just makes me want to ship it harder if I am merely nonchalant for it just to piss people off. Such as the post just a few above mine. Seriously, people, feel free to dislike what you dislike but you shouldn't act as if other people who like it are terrible people for doing so :/

That's why you're my favorite member on the site.

What am civilized human beings? :P:

In all seriousness, we can have a discussion on what we think are the most overrated pairings without insulting everyone else who likes a pairing one dislikes and trying to shove one's opinions down everyone's throats.

We were having one just a few moments ago, and just because not everyone optimizes or thinks that certain pairings are the in-game equivalent to Armsthrift does not mean we can rip into each other like a bunch of rabid dogs.

This is not the Savannah, save that shit for the hyenas.

Going back on topic, a decent bit of the "optimal" pairings I actually don't like. And Awakening isn't known for having an amazing story, and I usually play my games for plot, so if I want to wring as much story out of the game as I can, I'm going to do it, optimization be damned. This isn't YOUR game, it's mine. I play it how I want to, you play how YOU want to, and I'd like to see you try to force your opinion upon me, I motherfucking dare you.

In the meantime, let's rerail the topic back to its original purpose, shall we?

Explain why I also happen to ship Lucina with Inigo, Owain, Laurent and Morgan(M) then. Oh wait...

(I also ship Gerome with Severa pretty damn hard so it's not "Gerome sucks". (But wait, I also ship Severa with Owain and Laurent, so it's not a case of that.))

No, I hate it because there's no redeeming factors to it. AT ALL.

(Also, people thinking I'm insulting them, when I'm just insulting that godawful pairing. lolreally, can you read?)

jpvVL9v.png

words go here

This is not the Savannah

No, this is Serenes Forest. Where rabid shipper Senators burn down the forest of the "middle of the road in pairings" herons live in peace and harmony.

Someone draw this.

THIS IS THE 'ARMSTHRIFT' OF PAIRINGS. WAIT, THAT'S INSULTING ARMSTHRIFT. IT SHOULD BE UNIVERSALLY HATED. ANYTHING ELSE IS COMPLETELY OVERRATING IT. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE NON-CRACK PAIR IN THE ENTIRE SERIES WORSE THAN THIS. AND WHEN I SAY THAT, I AM INDEED SAYING THAT WITH ARVIS/DEIRDRE IN MIND. YES, EVEN A PAIR SOME WOULD GO AS FAR AS TO SAY IS RAPE IS BETTER. NO, ACTUALLY WHEN LOOKING AT THE WHOLE SERIES... GHEB/TANA -IS- BETTER. OH, YOU THINK I JEST, NO. I'M COMPLETELY SERIOUS. THERE ISN'T A WORSE PAIRING IN THE WHOLE SERIES.

Those statements that I made bigger. Those words aren't supposed to imply in any way that the degree of hatred you have for this pairing means that something is wrong with the fans? Because clearly, if "even a pair some would go as far as to say is rape is better", and if rape is a terrible thing, then clearly the people who like Gerome/Lucina must be terrible to like something that you consider worse than rape?

Even if you didn't outright insult fans who like this pairing, how the fuck is this not supposed to make people who do like it or are merely okay with it not feel bad or insulted? No one (except people who themselves are delusional) would bash you for disliking a pairing. But when your degree of hatred is to this level, I feel that people are free to raise their eyebrows and question the hell out of you.

No, this is Serenes Forest. Where rabid shipper Senators burn down the forest of the "middle of the road in pairings" herons live in peace and harmony.

Someone draw this.

will you pay me

Someone draw this.

whoa, when did the Begnion Senate enter this thread? :Kappa:

Edited by shadykid

.....what?

I think it's a subtle way of saying "this thread's concept is dumb as hell"

then again I'm not Redwall so don't quote me on it

Edited by Soran Ibrahim