• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laurent and Gerome also have an amazing set of supports.

It's a shame how overlooked Laurent is. Laurent/Lucina is probably my favorite in the game in terms of supports, and he definitely has a lot more great ones.

I know right? Laurent's support with her is just so sweet I can't handle it. If I didn't like her support with Brady so much, that would be my OTP for her right there.

Can I say Chrom/Cordelia? I know that's impossible in-game, but I've seen fanfics...

I'm with you here. If the pairing were possible I would hate it... although Asleep by Gone2groundEX is good despite of this ship so...

Care about what? The overratedness of the pairing or someone putting words in my mouth?

The overratedness of the pairing.

Laurent and Gerome also have an amazing set of supports.

It's a shame how overlooked Laurent is. Laurent/Lucina is probably my favorite in the game in terms of supports, and he definitely has a lot more great ones.

I don't know whether or Laurent or Noire is the "Ricken" of the second generation... (By that, I mean: Nothing but cute as heck supports, and is adorable with everyone.)

Them together is kinky as all hell out though.

Don't put words in my mouth. Using the pairing for efficiency is all well and dandy, but there are just TOO many fangirls/fanboys of this pairing out there that rant about how it affects the story and shit as if it completely changed everything about it, which it is far from doing.

And 95% of all the Chrom and Avatar fanart I find is of them together while the few arts of them NOT together make up the last 5%.

The dialogue itself may not change very much, but if Chrom and Female Avatar are married, it really changes the tone of the dialogue; the matricide scene aside, I remember on my first playthrough, I read the whole "two halves of the same whole" thing as a marriage vow, and then I felt that Chrom's adamant opposition to letting Avatar strike the final blow was much more powerful, since the stakes were raised so that she isn't "just his tactician" or "just his friend," but rather the person he cares about more than anything else. I also felt without the pairing, Avatar was Just Another Dude; sure it's kinda still sad to see him/her go at the end, but the emotional resonance just wasn't quite there.

It also made the very last cutscene at the end of the credits a lot more poignant: you know Chrom's been going around all over the place looking for you, and he tells you it's over, and you can be together now, and you see their paired ending afterward.

On another note, I kind of remember one of the main reasons I thought "this was what I wanted to do" a year ago: I saw the ending, didn't really know what was going on, and then when TheEnd told me, I was like, "Man, this really heaps on a lot more emotional trauma onto Lucina; (we already have that one scene in chapter 21,) but then after that it looks like her mother killed her father yet again and if you have Avatar land the final blow, then it looks like mother's dead." I still think it's another really compelling layer to the story.

I don't mean to toot my own horn here but I find this post of mine that actually explains why some of us think ChromxAvatar improves the story to be much more convincing than some hard emot-qq_zpsd9ac9509.gif-ing about how overrated you think the pairing is and how much you hate it and how it pains you that you can't find much fanart of Female Avatar/other guys

Edited by Soran Ibrahim

I don't know whether or Laurent or Noire is the "Ricken" of the second generation... (By that, I mean: Nothing but cute as heck supports, and is adorable with everyone.)

And that IS all that matters.

:XD:

And also, they're the ones that get the most overlooked.

I don't mean to toot my own horn here but I find this post of mine that actually explains why some of us think ChromxAvatar improves the story to be much more convincing than some hard emot-qq_zpsd9ac9509.gif-ing about how overrated you think the pairing is and how much you hate it and how it pains you that you can't find much fanart of Female Avatar/other guys

Can't the thing about the chapter 21 scene also apply to Male AvatarxLucina? Yet I don't see nearly as much fangirling/boying over them as I do ChromxFemale Avatar.

And do you have a problem with me being sick of seeing these two EVERYWHERE on the damned internet?

And I never said that the pairing never changed the story AT ALL. It DOES change it a little. But not nearly as much as people make it out to be.

Can't the thing about the chapter 21 scene also apply to Male AvatarxLucina? Yet I don't see nearly as much fangirling/boying over them as I do ChromxFemale Avatar.

And do you have a problem with me being sick of seeing these two EVERYWHERE on the damned internet?

And I never said that the pairing never changed the story AT ALL. It DOES change it a little. But not nearly as much as people make it out to be.

Opinions are opinions of course, but I don't even like the changed version of that scene.

If the supposed popularity of ChromxAvatar really bothers you anywhere near as much as you're letting on, you should probably get off the internet, put away the 3DS, and reevaluate your life

Vashaine: Huh. Well, I've also noticed that the story changes a bit if Frederick is the Avatar's husband as well. Not as much as ChromxFemale Avatar, obviously, but there is still a bit of change.

Such as in the chapter where the ships get burned up and stuff. Frederick goes "It worked! It worked!" I see this as him being proud of his wife if he's married to the Avatar.

EDIT: Ugh, this thread is moving too fast. xP

If the supposed popularity of ChromxAvatar really bothers you anywhere near as much as you're letting on, you should probably get off the internet, put away the 3DS, and reevaluate your life

lol, then you don't know how overrated the pairing really is. I don't need to get off the internet or put away my 3DS at all, thanks.

Edited by Anacybele

noooo Lucina/Severa

One day, Lucina look to a picture of Marth. And she think to herself, wow Marth is hot. Clearly Lucina played Marth's games after she watched FE3 Commercial. Falling in love with Marth, Lucina decided to play Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon after Horace told her to do so. Lucina made a playlog in Grust Forest, that she updated once every 2 month. Because Lucina is playing in Lucina Turn Count style, Lucina ended Warp skipping Shadow Dragon. Lucina founded a newfound hatred to Marth because Marth is 1 Panel short of seizing(how this happened when you warps skip is beyond me). But just like everyone who played LTC FE11 should be, Lucina instead falls in love with Sheeda

It should not be a surprise, Sheeda is a goddess. Sheeda comes close to being Marcus and it is rumored that Wing Spear is almost as powerful as Marcus Silver Lance. Lucina decided that she want to be like Sheeda, but she can't. So in order to make herself as Sheeda as possible, Lucina decided to make herself the reincarnation of Sheeda, also known as Shin Sheeda Tensei(lit. True Reincarnation of Shin, I mean Sheeda). Her attempt failed because having the name of Shin, the game bombed almost as bad as Wii U. Sad, Sheeda decided to relive her time and watched FE3 Commercial. However, this time, the Dragon does not get slashed by Marth. The Dragon proceed to destroy the world. This events resulted in the bad future of Fire Emblem Awakening

Suddenly a mysterious voice appeared

Mr. Ious Voice: LUUUUCIIIINAAAAA

Lucina: Mommy Sumia I hate Olivia

Mr.Ious Voice: I COOOOMMMMEEEE FROMMMM THEEEE PASSSSTTTT I AMMMMM YOURRR ANCESTORRR

Lucina: Huh?

Mr.Ious Voice; IIIII AMMMM MARTHHHHH

Lucina: But why?

Marth: Because you are a terrible player

Lucina: Says the guy who is 1 pannel short of seizing

Marth: Your fault for being terrible at the game. Count your panel plz. And fuck you are warp skipping, how in the fucking hell can you miss ONE panel?

Lucina: But the world is now destroyed, what should I do

Marth: You should dress in a drag and go to the past in order to play Female Strategy Games

Lucina: Let me guess, In America right?

Marth: FOOLISH FOOL! Go to Japan because you can play my original game, named Fire Emblem Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light

Lucina: I don;t want to play a game where the lord is 1 panel short of seizing

Marth: Silly Lucina, back in my day people faps to my 11 Mov. Also I am basically the Sheeda of FE1, because everyone want to attack me for no reason, and I nuke everything with Rapier. I was overpowered but nobody know that because they are about as terrible as you are in Fire Emblem

Lucina: OMGSIRIUSLY? MUST. PLAY. FE1.

Marth: So now go

Lucina: Can I marry Sheeda in that game?(yes, Lucina is les for Sheeda because I say so)

Marth: No, because Sheeda is Mai Waifu. Sucks to be you

Lucina: FUUUUU

Enraged, Lucina decided to dress like Marth and attempt to seduce Sheeda, ignoring the fact that Sheeda is also her ancestor, and the fact that Sheeda is Marth's Waifu. However, thanks to Grima's interference, Lucina ended up transported into Fire Emblem Awakening instead. This is why Lucina looks like Marth. Lucina is a Sheeda fangirl

Lucina x Sheeda OTP

One thing that kinda bothers me about the changed scene is Lucina's reluctance, honestly. From Lucina's POV and from what the characters knew at the time, killing the avatar should stop the future of doom that Lucina and the other children came from, right? She's all capable of killing the avatar even if s/he is related to her in any other way (married Lissa, married Owain, married Lucina's brother or sister, is Lucina's in-law, etc.) and yet when it's her own mother or husband, then she's suddenly incapable of doing it.

I hate to bring up another FE game into this, but I admired Elincia in FE10 strongly for being able to make the decision to let Lucia die for the sake of Crimea. Lucina (and Chrom's) inability to let MU go under their respective circumstances made me facepalm at them. Lucina, if you're going to kill the avatar to spare the world, not killing the avatar if s/he's your mother/husband makes you look selfish.

Huh. Well, I've also noticed that the story changes a bit if Frederick is the Avatar's husband as well. Not as much as ChromxFemale Avatar, obviously, but there is still a bit of change.

Such as in the chapter where the ships get burned up and stuff. Frederick goes "It worked! It worked!" I see this as him being proud of his wife if he's married to the Avatar.

That's not really a direct alteration rather than headcanons at work.

Like I pretend Silvia drags Henry around the plot with her, it just that he's usually standing against the wall or something forging another tome of his.

True, true. But really, Ricken, Laurent, and Noire all have great supports with just about everyone who they can support.

I agree about Ricken and Laurent, but Noire's kinda iffy.

Laurent does get overlooked by everyone, but Noire? She's a girl in a fan-service like game, so it's hard to ignore her.

Well, she doesn't get as much attention as say Lucina and Severa, from what I've seen, plus the Gen I girls.

That's not really a direct alteration rather than headcanons at work.

Then people saying ChromxFemale Avatar changing the story is mostly headcanon too. Their dialogue doesn't change.

Edited by Anacybele

Then people saying ChromxFemale Avatar changing the story is mostly headcanon too. Their dialogue doesn't change.

It changes that ONE particular scene in chapter 21, but nothing else.