So Mega Pokemon

Vicious Sal

He's already OP. INB4 all fossil Pokemon.

Well Blaziken is an uber and got one lol. So it may just happen [unfortunately] also the Fossils lol. The Lileep line can go even more Metroid plant looking

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the idea that much, but because Gamefreak has a way of working things out to make them better, I'll hold off on my hate rant for a while.

Mega Blaziken really irks me due to the fact that it's probably OP as all h*** with speed boost and all, and that it's a starter. Ampharos being a Dragon type really seems odd.

As for actual use of them, I'll probably avoid it as much as possible being the purist that I am. Lucario and Absol look pretty awesome.

Ampharos being a Dragon type really seems odd.

As odd as it sounds, its Japanese name, Denryu, can mean electric dragon. Lance also has an Ampharos card and Clair uses an Ampharos in both rounds in Pokémon Stadium 2.

Any speculation on the new Gym Leader? I'm guessing Normal but I hear Fighting is a popular guess as well.

Edited by Woodshooter

About time Ampharos got Dragon type. <3

Also Mega Ampharos is super badass in general, pumped about this.

Still needs Tail Glow though (don't care if the JP move is firefly light!). T_T

-

Mega Mawile looks totally sick too. This is pretty exciting~

Anyone else getting a nomadic vibe from Lucario's Mega form? I am

Any speculation on the new Gym Leader? I'm guessing Normal but I hear Fighting is a popular guess as well.

I'm guessing normal as well honestly.

Steel or fairy? Her headgear and hair reminds me of Mawile, and if she's going to have a connection to mega-evolutions they might use that one to showcase the feature.

As usual (so far), Game Freak continues to show that they can't seem to understand the concept of balance. (I'll spare the rant, since it'd probably take me a good hour if I wanted to type it all out.)

For now, I'm not enthused by the information. If/When more information comes out (I would assume it would come up on Japan's show next weekend), I might change my thoughts. Right now, all we know is that this only applies to certain Pokemon (some of which don't even need it), the naming convention is kinda silly, and for a series that has tried its hardest to keep things overly simple (even when I would argue that they shouldn't), this certainly seems like a possibly dangerous step down the line of complexity.

Also, like a previous poster on the first page, I really hope that the whole genetics/DNA thing gets tied in here, somehow. In my mind, such a topic could have presented many great ideas and additions to the game, and I would hate to see an opportunity like that squandered. (Under the assumption that I like how this ends up turning out. Right now, I'm still sitting in the squandered camp.)

---Slightly Off Topic---

Woodshooter's post (six above this) does bring about mixed feelings, however. While I would be extremely happy to see Lance or Clair running around with an Ampharos in an actual game, the fact that their teams (and 99% of other the Leaders) lack diversity still greatly annoys me. Yes, okay, they stick to a typing to make it easy for younger players to get a favorable matchup, but it's not like the games are overly difficult (with the exceptions of specific trainers and Pokemon that Game Freak made too overpowered by their own hands) as it is.

Hell, when I first played Red, I solo'd Brock with Charmander. First time through, I lost, so I leveled up and roasted Geodude with Ember and learned to wait around Bide. If 3rd Grade!Me can do it, today's kids can too. Give the leaders SOME diversity, for crying out loud, even if it's just 1 out of 6 that doesn't match their type quirk. The extra diversity would at least possibly make the content just a bit more difficult. (I'd like to see the number of Pokemon that Leaders field jump in number quicker, too - the game isn't exactly as challenging if you've got a full complement of 6 Pokemon and the 7th Leader is still only running 4.)

Give me balance, type diversity (especially with respect to other in-game trainers and monster distribution in the wild), move diversity (Outside of it being Metang/Clefairy's thing, why can't Scizor learn Meteor Mash, for example?), and for the love of god, STORY DIVERSITY, and I'd be content. (Oh, and some common sense too. Why is Levitate even an ability to begin with when there are Pokemon that can fly but aren't Flying and don't have the ability, but something like Doduo is Flying when it can't even maintain flight?)

Edited by Lord Glenn

We need Mega Charizard, this is something we need. I just don't want him to look too different. Fire/Dragon w/ levitate.

Edited by Knight

Hell, when I first played Red, I solo'd Brock with Charmander. First time through, I lost, so I leveled up and roasted Geodude with Ember and learned to wait around Bide. If 3rd Grade!Me can do it, today's kids can too. Give the leaders SOME diversity, for crying out loud, even if it's just 1 out of 6 that doesn't match their type quirk. The extra diversity would at least possibly make the content just a bit more difficult. (I'd like to see the number of Pokemon that Leaders field jump in number quicker, too - the game isn't exactly as challenging if you've got a full complement of 6 Pokemon and the 7th Leader is still only running 4.)

Give me balance, type diversity (especially with respect to other in-game trainers and monster distribution in the wild), move diversity (Outside of it being Metang/Clefairy's thing, why can't Scizor learn Meteor Mash, for example?), and for the love of god, STORY DIVERSITY, and I'd be content. (Oh, and some common sense too. Why is Levitate even an ability to begin with when there are Pokemon that can fly but aren't Flying and don't have the ability, but something like Doduo is Flying when it can't even maintain flight?)

Perhaps the hard mode introduced in Black and White 2 will be available from the start, though I wouldn't get my hopes up. As far as Gym Leaders/Elite Four goes, I suppose if they could field bigger teams, preferably with more counters to their natural weaknesses, that would be nice, but it's easier to do for some types (Water, Fighting and Dragon come to mind, especially considering they might be three of the most overpowered types) than others (few Grass or Ice types can cover all of their weaknesses). The Elite Four could also be less about types and more about playstyle : one relying on crushing offense, one on indirect damage/phazing, one on status and/or weather and perhaps a final one with trollish moves like Counter and Destiny Bond, with a neatly balanced Champion.

I always enjoy seeing ingenious use of two types together and think some of them are long overdue (it took 5 generations to get Fire/Dragon but only two to get Ground/Flying of all things, on something that could even get Bug, Poison or even Dark as a type). I'd also be interested in seeing a wider range of moves available through tutoring, or just plain larger learnsets for each species. As for the actual common sense, the series itself has plenty of notable issues with that.

Edited by Woodshooter

Mawile is my all-time favorite Pokemon, and I've been wanting an evolution since I first played Ruby.

I'm so happy right now. I love how they made Mega Mawile look awesome, yet still cute.

I predict its going to have no base stats changes, or only rearrangement

maybe

"Adaptability Lucario"

Fuck Yes

"Insomnia Mewtwo"

TROLOLOL DARKRAI

"Hold Mega Stone"

Yeah, not as broken as I thought it would be >_>

Lucario get a free Choice Band, which is pretty cool I guess, but who uses Steel?

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

YES! Yes... I feel it, the power... fills me. Yes, I feel the universe within me! I am... I am a part of the cosmos! The power flows... Flows through me! Of what consequence are you now? This planet, these people. They are NOTHING to me! The universe is power! Real, unstoppable POWER! And I am that force! I am that power! KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER! Fool! you are no longer my EQUAL! I am more than Pokémon! MORE THAN LIFE! I... am... a... MEGA!

That GIF is a true work of art without peer.

Also yeah, concurring that Megampharos is super majestic and awesome even though I'm not sure what kind of drugs Nintendo was taking when they decided Ampharos of all Pokemon needed to be made into a Dragon type.

Also yeah, concurring that Megampharos is super majestic and awesome even though I'm not sure what kind of drugs Nintendo was taking when they decided Ampharos of all Pokemon needed to be made into a Dragon type.

Ampharos's Japanese name has the word dragon in it.

MegaYanmega better exist.