Good PSP titles?

Magical CC

I am a voracious gamer so I dont really care much about genres as long as it's in English and it's good. I am currently playing Persona 3 Portable. I dont mind playing port games either.

Edited by Char

Trails in the Sky.

It's a brilliant story RPG; you know it's good when it makes men like Blazer and TheEnd cry.

Is that a Legend of Heroes game? I heard so many good things about that series.

These have yet to be said so here goes.

Megaman Powered Up

Maverick Hunter X

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles

Final Fantasy 4 the Complete Collection

Fate/Extra

Both Star Ocean remakes

Edited by Folgore Red II

Does someone already mentioned FFT : The Lion War ?

Also, Z.H.P is pretty great if you like Dungeon crawling...

Phantom Brave is pretty nice. Not the best NIS Title,but the concept is interresting (And you can kill people with Trolleys, Weeds, or Rocks)

Persona 2: Innocent Sin

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Gods Eater Burst

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Valkyria Chronicles II

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Definitely some good games in this list. You'll rarely find a truly terrible PSP title, to be honest. Sure it didn't sell as well as the DS did, but its got plenty of great games for anyone interested in them to play...if you don't mind picking up both the games and the system secondhand.

To be honest here i find that Legends of heroes series is major dead in the US since we still dont' have Trails in the sky second chapter nor Trails of Zero

Ys Seven.

Maybe Dissidia 012 and Jeanne d'Arc.

Trails in the Sky would be my first suggestion in a heartbeat if the game ended properly.

To be honest here i find that Legends of heroes series is major dead in the US since we still dont' have Trails in the sky second chapter nor Trails of Zero

I still believe.

Well, sort of. I feel we're going to get FC and SC on Steam eventually. Maybe 3rd. That said, anyone who thinks Zero/Azure's going to get localized is naive, and anyone who thinks Flash and the rest of LOH8 gets localized is a fool.

The problem, really, is that there's only one company insane enough to even bother localizing these games, and much as I love them, they're too small to do it with enough speed to ever catch up much less continue doing it.

Do I need to play other monster hunter games on psp to understand the freedom unite?

Freedom Unite is a expansion pack of Freedom 2

Anybody who own a PSP or PSVita should have this exclusive

patapon-2-20080715034740117_640w.jpg

Patapon is a rythm strategy game where you control your army against all odds, giant bosses and enemy forces alike using drum beats to command them. The 1st is really difficult since it have a strict timing, which makes you less likely to get Fervor, a state where your army went to battle frenzied and do more damage in battlefield. In Patapon 2, the timing is less strict because the introduction of Hero and his ability that activate when you achieve perfect drum beat command. But even then, Patapon 2 is still challenging as it predecessor. The 2D sidescrolling, the art, and simple presentationm is what make the game have its own charm. I've yet to see such game similar to Patapon untill now.

I still believe.

Well, sort of. I feel we're going to get FC and SC on Steam eventually. Maybe 3rd. That said, anyone who thinks Zero/Azure's going to get localized is naive, and anyone who thinks Flash and the rest of LOH8 gets localized is a fool.

The problem, really, is that there's only one company insane enough to even bother localizing these games, and much as I love them, they're too small to do it with enough speed to ever catch up much less continue doing it.

I don't care if they localize the next game on my fortieth birthday. As long as FC/SC get over here, and I can finish both of them in English before I die of old age, I'll be happy.

I'd recommend the other localized LoH games for the sheer hilarity factor of the translation (and because the empty chest comments never get old).

Edited by eclipse

Dracula X Chronicles was good.

However, I must be ME and say that you MUST get the two Mega Man games on it first, Powered Up is a great remake that really changed a lot, while Maverick Hunter X is more of a straight remake with minor changes and a new mode which is actually really really different. Also it has ANIME CUTSCENES and dialogue...uh, if you're into that sort of thing. Chill Penguin's is the best. Powered Up had that too (Roll has the best convos there).

I spy a TWEWY reference in the sig above me /random

Trails in the Sky.

It's a brilliant story RPG; you know it's good when it makes men like Blazer and TheEnd cry.

This

I'm not the same man I was before I played it *dramatic*

Ys Seven as well, the other Ys games you can play on Steam so eh (though I have them)

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is good if you like RPGs with some mythology

there's definitely a lot of good PSP games even if a lot of them are ports and the such...

sadly I'm still trying to catch up on playing them myself sooo XP