~MaMu x Lucina

~Laurent x Morgan

And the others are subject to change if cases are presented:

~Inigo x Kjelle

~Yarne x Noire

~Brady x Severa

~Owain x Cynthia

~Gerome x Nah

That should be the list I have so far. I am not sure if I missed anyone, but if I did please let me know :D:

Is this list alright?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Depends exactly what you are going for. Remember the hardcore optimisation recommended in this topic is for overkilling apotheosis.

Here are my comments on the pairings from an optimisation standpoint:

1) Chrom x Maribelle isn't that great. Lucina does get +2 Magic, but it comes with several downsides such as 1) Less speed (especially notable when Lucina mothers Morgan), 2) Cynthia no longer gets her best father, 3) Brady doesn't get one of his best fathers (although Chrom isn't bad). 4) Chrom is a forced deployment so having a great s-rank is nice. Sumia is very, very close to child quality due to her inherent skills, while Maribelle isn't.

2) Ricken x Miriel is normally a waste unless you are FeMu marrying Laurent for the highest +MAG Male Morgan. Ricken makes the best Luna sage Owain, Inigo and even Dark Flier Severa. Gregor is typically used with Miriel as Laurent barely cares who his father is and Gregor is low priority.

3) Fred isn't a bad father for Yarne, but Stahl/Virion are top tier and Libra/Henry the tier below due to the accuracy boosts they provide (via archer and dark mage lines)

4) Vaike x Cordelia is fine if you want to run Hero Severa. LQ, Virion, Stahl and Ricken are other considerations depending what you want to run.

5) Nowi x Gregor is fine. Nah's father is generally unimportant and Gregor does much the same that Vaike (her normal father) does.

6) Lissa x Lon'qu is a really bad pairing for optimisation purposes. Priority #1 for Owain is getting a proc, which Lon'qu doesn't offer. Ricken/Libra are his typical magical parents, Stahl if you really wanted to go physical. This frees Lon'qu up to go to Severa or Brady.

7) Virion x Cherche is a bit unusual. Typically the best support class for physical non-galeforce males is berserker so you marry Cherche to Henry (best), or Gregor/Vaike (backup). Virion does give Gerome some nice options for running Warrior support which is sometimes better than berserker (if the lead doesn't require speed, which is rare), but best to keep Virion for someone who uses him better (Severa, Brady, Yarne).

8) As for your 2nd gen pairings, the one recommendation I would make is to pair Nah with a galeforce husband (Inigo, Owain, Brady). You will find that Nah x Gerome is very weak compared to all your other pairs as Nah is always a poor lead. She can either hard or soft support her galeforce husband which makes her more viable. Of course if you aren't ever really looking to deploy Nah or Gerome, this is fine.

Edited by CoolCoolCool

^ Depends exactly what you are going for. Remember the hardcore optimisation recommended in this topic is for overkilling apotheosis.

Here are my comments on the pairings from an optimisation standpoint:

1) Chrom x Maribelle isn't that great. Lucina does get +2 Magic, but it comes with several downsides such as 1) Less speed (especially notable when Lucina mothers Morgan), 2) Cynthia no longer gets her best father, 3) Brady doesn't get one of his best fathers (although Chrom isn't bad). 4) Chrom is a forced deployment so having a great s-rank is nice. Sumia is very, very close to child quality due to her inherent skills, while Maribelle isn't.

2) Ricken x Miriel is normally a waste unless you are FeMu marrying Laurent for the highest +MAG Male Morgan. Ricken makes the best Luna sage Owain, Inigo and even Dark Flier Severa. Gregor is typically used with Miriel as Laurent barely cares who his father is and Gregor is low priority.

3) Fred isn't a bad father for Yarne, but Stahl/Virion are top tier and Libra/Henry the tier below due to the accuracy boosts they provide (via archer and dark mage lines)

4) Vaike x Cordelia is fine if you want to run Hero Severa. LQ, Virion, Stahl and Ricken are other considerations depending what you want to run.

5) Nowi x Gregor is fine. Nah's father is generally unimportant and Gregor does much the same that Vaike (her normal father) does.

6) Lissa x Lon'qu is a really bad pairing for optimisation purposes. Priority #1 for Owain is getting a proc, which Lon'qu doesn't offer. Ricken/Libra are his typical magical parents, Stahl if you really wanted to go physical. This frees Lon'qu up to go to Severa or Brady.

7) Virion x Cherche is a bit unusual. Typically the best support class for physical non-galeforce males is berserker so you marry Cherche to Henry (best), or Gregor/Vaike (backup). Virion does give Gerome some nice options for running Warrior support which is sometimes better than berserker (if the lead doesn't require speed, which is rare), but best to keep Virion for someone who uses him better (Severa, Brady, Yarne).

8) As for your 2nd gen pairings, the one recommendation I would make is to pair Nah with a galeforce husband (Inigo, Owain, Brady). You will find that Nah x Gerome is very weak compared to all your other pairs as Nah is always a poor lead. She can either hard or soft support her galeforce husband which makes her more viable. Of course if you aren't ever really looking to deploy Nah or Gerome, this is fine.

1~ No you're wrong Lucina gets a +3 magic modifier if she's Maribelle's daughter and gets dual support + which Sumia doesn't give at all. Lucina can also get the Pegasus knight class line as well as mage class line. Go and actually look that up. Also Chrom is not Cynthia's best father, Frederick gives her more modifiers. I should know I looked that up. Please check your data again.

2~No Ricken!Laurent is not a waste. He gets a good magic modifier and has a good use for Luna. Ricken!Laurent is my go to Laurent

3~ And? I will use Frederick here because Panne doesn't give Yarne wyvern rider and there are some much needed skills from that class line

4~ Lon'qu's taken, Stahl is Severa's worst father from what I have heard. Plus Stahl!Severa has the worst hair colour apparently, so even asthetically Stahl is the worst.

5~Gregor can hand down a male exclusive skill so there's that. He's not entirely useless :/

6~Lon'qu gives Owain speed though, which helps him keep from being doubled. A little more important I would think. Owain also gets Astra and that is a proc, even if Owain can learn it himself.

7~I tend to use Virion to give Gerome bowbreaker with the purpose of keeping Gerome a Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord.

8~I'm going for a story perspective here. I could easily switch out the pairings but I haven't figured out yet who works best as in terms of the story I'm working on/playthrough stats to see if I'm getting decent in game returns.

These are more or less on a story front this isn't my apo team. That will be posted later when I get to them. I have to make a few notes yet before I announce the team for rating. That however is going to be a F!Robin x Chrom apo team. I will have to do a MaMu later.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

I'll just post all my pairings I have inn a word document

Male avatar x Nowi

Chrom x Sully

Sumia x Frederick

Lissa x Ricken

Olivia x Gaius

Maribelle x Henry

Cordelia x Lon’qu

Cherche x Libra

Panne x Vaike

Miriel x Gregor

Tharja x Kellam

1~ No you're wrong Lucina gets a +3 magic modifier if she's Maribelle's daughter and gets dual support + which Sumia doesn't give at all. Lucina can also get the Pegasus knight class line as well as mage class line. Go and actually look that up. Also Chrom is not Cynthia's best father, Frederick gives her more modifiers. I should know I looked that up. Please check your data again.

2~No Ricken!Laurent is not a waste. He gets a good magic modifier and has a good use for Luna. Ricken!Laurent is my go to Laurent

3~ And? I will use Frederick here because Panne doesn't give Yarne wyvern rider and there are some much needed skills from that class line

4~ Lon'qu's taken, Stahl is Severa's worst father from what I have heard. Plus Stahl!Severa has the worst hair colour apparently, so even asthetically Stahl is the worst.

5~Gregor can hand down a male exclusive skill so there's that. He's not entirely useless :/

6~Lon'qu gives Owain speed though, which helps him keep from being doubled. A little more important I would think. Owain also gets Astra and that is a proc, even if Owain can learn it himself.

7~I tend to use Virion to give Gerome bowbreaker with the purpose of keeping Gerome a Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord.

8~I'm going for a story perspective here. I could easily switch out the pairings but I haven't figured out yet who works best as in terms of the story I'm working on/playthrough stats to see if I'm getting decent in game returns.

These are more or less on a story front this isn't my apo team. That will be posted later when I get to them. I have to make a few notes yet before I announce the team for rating. That however is going to be a F!Robin x Chrom apo team. I will have to do a MaMu later.

1) I meant 2 more compared to Sumia/Olivia and Dual Support+ isn't a skill you should be using. Frederick is actually Cynthia's worst father. Chrom gives Cynthia Aether which is a top tier skill. Gaius (if he was ever free) gives her an amazing +6 speed mod (which enables the elusive 75 speed dark flier), and Henry gives better mods for any magic class as well as alternate options (such as vengeance). Frederick gives +1 Str/Skl compared to Chrom, but 3 less speed, no aether and worse classes (no sniper).

2) Laurent has really low need for Luna. He is better off as a hard support, providing damage from the back for his galeforce wife (where Luna doesn't matter). Even if you were leading him for novelty reasons, you might as well stick with Vengeance and give him a vantage-passing father.

3) Yarne's best class is berserker

4) Stahl is not Severa's worst father, he is at worst third best. I run Virion!Severa for hair related reasons.

6) Much, much less important. Assume you are going up against an enemy with 40 defence. Luna will add +20 damage to your attack at, say, a 70% rate. Getting a good proc is way more powerful than a couple of stat points. Owain will never be getting doubled as long as he is levelled up.

Like I said at the start of my last post, my recommendations were based around apotheosis optimisation. There really isn't much to be said about main game, it is so easy that after the first few chapters, you can even beat Lunatic + with 2 characters without even using strategy. Even if you don't use abusive sorceror shenanigans, it is most effective to keep a small team (of maybe 8) centered around Chrom and Avatar's families and not branch out to a full complement of children.

If you are pairing for hair colour, how much you like the parents supports or whatever, then that is almost entirely subjective. I personally don't like Morgan x Laurent support but otherwise everything seems fine.

Edited by CoolCoolCool

I've actually heard quite the opposite for this pairing. Stahl gives great mods for a Physical Severa +4 str,Skill +3 Def,Spd. While Lon's mods are superior due to +6 Skl,Spd his class sets are not the best Severa doesn't make much use of Lon's other 2 classes Wyvern(Swordbreaker is an exeption) or Thief. While when looking at Stahl's classes Cavalier is just great for Luna,Aegis & Dual Guard+, Archer can be useful for hit rate if you need it. Myrmidon is available for both.

Anyways can anyone give me some sort of skill set for a Mu +Str/-Luck!Severa Hero Class? I'm passing AxeFaire & Galefore to her. Btw this is for Apo.

Edited by IsaacBorg

Thanks for the help, Vascela, amiabletemplar, and disjunct.ion. After skimming through half this thread and looking at the various formulae, calculations, etc., I realize now how much nuance there was to my question about a "general" list. It was a bit cheeky of me to ask everyone else to do all the work.

I restarted my Hard/Cla run, because I felt xp distribution was done poorly by me, and I wanted to focus more on the pairs we came up with. I'm at Ch. 10 now, and here are my pairings and plans:

Chrom@Great Lord x Sumia@DF

Lon'qu@SM/Assassin x Cordelia@FK

Gregor@Hero/BK x Panne/Cherche@Wyvern Lord

Stahl@Paladin x Panne/Cherche@Wyvern Lord

Stahl is a filler, here, and he and his partner will be replaced by a pair of whichever kids I manage to pick up without too much hassle.

I'm not sure what to do with my avatar. I think he must go magic, since my team is heavily physical right now, and I'm trying to use as many different classes as I can work in for variety anyway. The choices are Lissa, Tharja, or holding out for Lucina, though child pairings may change depending on how many I collect/how convenient it is. This is what I'm thinking about this question:

If Avatar x Lucina, then Stahl!Owain x Morgan.

If Avatar x Tharja, then Stahl!Owain x Lucina.

If Avatar x Lissa, then Owain x Lucina.

(Originally, I had planned to marry Lissa and the Avatar, but I didn't like her supports. Since then I've had a love/hate relationship with her as we made the damned arduous journey to get her levels. I'm much more accepting of her now, especially since she gets a cool sage outfit, but I don't absolutely adore her character or anything).

I dumped Miriel, because I got bored of her. Actually, I've dumped and brought back a lot of characters. I've been experimenting with everyone, though I must have dropped about 15 or more levels of xp on people I'm not using anymore... oh well. I'm really not sure how much xp there is to work with, so I'm trying not to get too fancy with the class changes.

I've no need or intention to put everyone through six different classes, or even going out of my way to make sure Sumia/Cordelia will have passed down galeforce. I don't know how many classes can be gone through reasonably in the time I have left, but Avatar and the kids will get priority from here on out.

Thoughts/opinions on where to take the Avatar in terms of marriage? I guess it's personal preference at this point.

Also, I've no idea how Ylisse is independent. The only competent military force in the country seems to be Chrom and his elite bodyguard.

Edited by Chocoburger

When it comes to a lunatic+ run which pairings are ideal to have? Only pairing I have decided to have now are Avatar x Tiki and Chrom x Sumia cuz reasons. As for the rest I have them open. When it comes to Gaius and Donnel that can pass down Galeforce I have for now decided to pair Gaius to Tharja and Donnel to Nowi for now. Unless someone can convince me otherwise. I read that giving GF to Nah isn't ideal from DonnelxNowi, why? If so who should have Donnel then? I read Sully is better on that regard.

Edited by FoliFF

I'm not sure what to do with my avatar. I think he must go magic, since my team is heavily physical right now, and I'm trying to use as many different classes as I can work in for variety anyway. The choices are Lissa, Tharja, or holding out for Lucina, though child pairings may change depending on how many I collect/how convenient it is. This is what I'm thinking about this question:

If Avatar x Lucina, then Stahl!Owain x Morgan.

If Avatar x Tharja, then Stahl!Owain x Lucina.

If Avatar x Lissa, then Owain x Lucina.

I would say Tharja because you can then reclass and train Noire for Galeforce if that's your thing. *Cough* no bias on AvatarxTharja *cough*. Another thing to consider, if you are more of a story lover, like me, then go Lucina and Morgan will be nr. 1 most powerful unit in your army. *cough* no bias on AvatarxLucina either *cough*

From what I've heard a while back, Donnel is ineffective for Lunatic+ in-terms of mods. Not to mention that levelling him up at Paralogue 1 is tedious because Archers have Pass.

Well I run Lunatic+ Casual so save scumming for life. If I ran Classic I would go insane. I just requited him and level him up wasn't that hard when I made sure archers didn't possess counter and pass. I never really cared for mods since imo skills have more priority than mods, especially which skills to pass down and to have as many galeforce units as possible.

When it comes to a lunatic+ run which pairings are ideal to have? Only pairing I have decided to have now are Avatar x Tiki and Chrom x Sumia cuz reasons. As for the rest I have them open. When it comes to Gaius and Donnel that can pass down Galeforce I have for now decided to pair Gaius to Tharja and Donnel to Nowi for now. Unless someone can convince me otherwise. I read that giving GF to Nah isn't ideal from DonnelxNowi, why? If so who should have Donnel then? I read Sully is better on that regard.

That depends. Are you willing to grind for skills. No matter the difficulties you are playing, grinding will make the game somewhat easier than if you are not grinding. If you are grinding then pretty much pair whoever you want to pair, it'll still work because you are grinding.

If not, some really good pair for not grinding in Luna + are Chrom x FeMU, MaMU x Cordelia, MaMU x Sumia!Lucina and Miriel x Gregor (creates an amazing and useful Laurent for nostanking).

GF is not ideal for Donnel!Nah because she will have to kill an enemy first to activate Galeforce and with her terrible speed, she is not gonna use it as often as most of the children. And unless you're willing to weaken the enemy first to get Nah to activate GF then you probably won't want GF on her. Another reason is than Donnel!Nah have no offensive proc except for Sol and that it. It is still a good pairing but it often outclassed by better pairings like Gaius!Nah and Vaike!Nah in its role

Donnel is either best with Sully or Tharja as he is one of the three males to pass down Pegasus Knight to the daughters you can't get it. Donnel x Sully creates a well balanced Kjelle that is rather flexible with the skills it get Great class selection, Magic access (which work well with her natural Vantage) and Galeforce. Donny is actually her second best father while Gaius holds first place but Gaius is needed somewhere else like with Tharja for that Sniper!Noire. Donnel x Tharja creates a an awesome Armshift Sorcerer Noire but unlike Kjelle, she is best at supporting rather than leading.

Before I forget...

Thanks you my fellow Fire Emblem players. I have now finalized my pairing and am now playing through the FeMU run

Chrom x +Spe/-Def FeMU

Ricken x Lissa

Frederick x Cherche

Gaius x Sully

Stahl x Cordelia

Gregor x Miriel

Henry x Sumia

Virion x Panne

Donnel x Tharja

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Vaike x Nowi

Libra x Olivia

Lucina x Laurent

Nah x Male Morgan

Cynthia x Owain

Severa x Inigo

Kjelle x Yarne

Noire x Brady

Gerome x BATMOBLE

These are the pairing that will take me through my first FeMU playthrough of the campaign and hopefully Apothesis. Have no prepared class or skillset for these pairings but I improvised at every angle, I hope.

That depends. Are you willing to grind for skills. No matter the difficulties you are playing, grinding will make the game somewhat easier than if you are not grinding. If you are grinding then pretty much pair whoever you want to pair, it'll still work because you are grinding.

If not, some really good pair for not grinding in Luna + are Chrom x FeMU, MaMU x Cordelia, MaMU x Sumia!Lucina and Miriel x Gregor (creates an amazing and useful Laurent for nostanking).

GF is not ideal for Donnel!Nah because she will have to kill an enemy first to activate Galeforce and with her terrible speed, she is not gonna use it as often as most of the children. And unless you're willing to weaken the enemy first to get Nah to activate GF then you probably won't want GF on her. Another reason is than Donnel!Nah have no offensive proc except for Sol and that it. It is still a good pairing but it often outclassed by better pairings like Gaius!Nah and Vaike!Nah in its role

Donnel is either best with Sully or Tharja as he is one of the three males to pass down Pegasus Knight to the daughters you can't get it. Donnel x Sully creates a well balanced Kjelle that is rather flexible with the skills it get Great class selection, Magic access (which work well with her natural Vantage) and Galeforce. Donny is actually her second best father while Gaius holds first place but Gaius is needed somewhere else like with Tharja for that Sniper!Noire. Donnel x Tharja creates a an awesome Armshift Sorcerer Noire but unlike Kjelle, she is best at supporting rather than leading.

Thanks for the tip. I guess since I'm grinding for skills it doesn't really matter in the end. My biggest reason I'll go for MaMU x Tiki is for the support since I freaking love it and to play irony to the max. For Chrom x FeMU and MaMU x Cordelia parings were actually my Hard/Classic and Hard/Lunatic run respectively.

It's just when I check how people run L+ most run only magic, archer team or a mix of the both. Mainly so you can snipe and avoid counter. It's just not my ideal playstyle since I like to have a mixed team and I have a bias on Manaketes. I'm just interested what viable pairing there is. With that I'll have Sully marry Donnel then and I'll have to find another father for Nah.

I'm marrying Panne cause I like her and I feel like I can get away with using Panne as a support/ferry(She will be a Wyvern Lord) since Robin is so goddamn broken.

Severa as a Wyvern Lord wasnt what I was going for but I like it and will do it.

For Gerome I should just go Henry then? Im not attached to any pairing outside of RobinxPanne so im okay with that.

And if I go Chrom as Cynthia's Father going Dark Flier is okay right or nah? Probably Paladin I do want another flier tbh but if Cynthia is better as Paladin thats fine.

Any suggestions for Morgan? She can do anything so kinda lost tbh lol. We already got an Assassin in the form of Noire what do you suggest a Hero?

Ah and as for Lucina what do you suggest Great Lord is okay right? I would go Paladin but tbh I dont want everyone to have a mount cause based Beastkillers and such lol.

Frederick x Cherche actually makes a worst Gerome and is not as good as you might think, despite popular beliefs from GameFAQs. I would advise against it especially for Apotheosis.

Oh, I see. That too bad. :tangerinesadness: Well, that alright as since he don't have an S rank support with anyone, I wouldn't bring in to Apotheosis otherwise he would have just taken up space I could have used for an additional Rally bot or Healer. I only did so he wouldn't be totally useless on my team and during skirmishes in the game and the fact that I heard people saying that this pair have a good support with each other. That really it to be honest.

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

Thanks for the tip. I guess since I'm grinding for skills it doesn't really matter in the end. My biggest reason I'll go for MaMU x Tiki is for the support since I freaking love it and to play irony to the max. For Chrom x FeMU and MaMU x Cordelia parings were actually my Hard/Classic and Hard/Lunatic run respectively.

I definately love the story that comes with MaMU x Tiki. And dear God, that support conversation kills me straight dead. The idea of two Avatars of polar opposite beings falling in love is already touching and sweet enough, but on top of that we have the issue of Tiki's lifespan to deal with as well, making the entire thing a bittersweet Mayfly-December Romance that I kind of adore.

MaMU x Cordelia was actually gonna be my first pairing I would have done for my first walkthrough of game and would have done if I haven't know I could marry Lucina. I know that she is technically my best friend's daughter but her story... the tragic tale of the future she had to endure. I just felt really bad for her and just.... couldn't help myself and also that story change it caused at Chapter 21 sealed the deal for me on this pairing.

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

I noticed I failed hard and wrote hard/lunatic instead of lunatic/classic... GG me... orz

I definately love the story that comes with MaMU x Tiki. And dear God, that support conversation kills me straight dead. The idea of two Avatars of polar opposite beings falling in love is already touching and sweet enough, but on top of that we have the issue of Tiki's lifespan to deal with as well, making the entire thing a bittersweet Mayfly-December Romance that I kind of adore.

MaMU x Cordelia was actually gonna be my first pairing I would have done for my first walkthrough of game and would have done if I haven't know I could marry Lucina. I know that she is technically my best friend's daughter but her story... the tragic tale of the future she had to endure. I just felt really bad for her and just.... couldn't help myself and also that story change it caused at Chapter 21 sealed the deal for me on this pairing.

I agree with you fully, but imho I found the mother version be much more powerful compared to husband version. Even though you can say the only difference between them is the gender. The biggest reason why I find mothers version more powerful is because I never encountered such a twist before in a story, especially in a video game. Also factoring in their relationship to Chrom and to the overall plot it's just fits, it's perfect. The same can't be said for the husband version since I have seen it been done several times in the past. That being said I still ship MaMU with Lucina. Heck I ship MaMU with Tiki, Cordelia, Tharja and Nowi. Why is there only 3 saves?! :sob:

This is also the reason why I'm salty FeMU isn't getting the same kind of love treatment compared to MaMU, but I'll digress. To be fair I can't ship FeMU other than Chrom, I just can't.

Edited by FoliFF

Before I forget...

Thanks you my fellow Fire Emblem players. I have now finalized my pairing and am now playing through the FeMU run

Chrom x +Spe/-Def FeMU

Ricken x Lissa

Frederick x Cherche

Gaius x Sully

Stahl x Cordelia

Gregor x Miriel

Henry x Sumia

Virion x Panne

Donnel x Tharja

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Vaike x Nowi

Libra x Olivia

Lucina x Laurent

Nah x Male Morgan

Cynthia x Owain

Severa x Inigo

Kjelle x Yarne

Noire x Brady

Gerome x BATMOBLE

These are the pairing that will take me through my first FeMU playthrough of the campaign and hopefully Apothesis. Have no prepared class or skillset for these pairings but I improvised at every angle, I hope.

Very solid choices. Here are some basic class/skill recommendations:

Lucina - LB/Galeforce/Luna/Aether/Dual Strike+. Likely class is Dark Flier or Sniper.

Laurent - LB/Faire/Aggressor/Anathema/AS+2. Sage or berserker to complement Lucina.

All 4 galeforce males can run LB/Galeforce/Faire/Aggressor/Luna. Replace Luna with Vengeance for Inigo. Class should be sage if magical (Owain, Inigo and Brady). Morgan can run Sniper if you wanted physical.

Yarne should run LB/Axefaire/Aggressor/Hit Rate+20/Prescience on Berserker.

Cynthia will likely run LB/Galeforce/Luna/Tomefaire/AS+2 Dark Flier.

Kjelle can run LB/Galeforce/Lancefaire/Vengeance/AS+2 Wyvern Lord.

Noire can run LB/Gale/Bowfaire/Luna/AS+2 Sniper or LB/Gale/Luna/AS+2/Filler Dark Flier. Normally I would say Sniper, but I think Dark Flier here.

Severa can run the same sniper set as Noire. Maybe Bride or Hero as well.

Nah can run LB/Axefaire/AS+2/Swordbreaker/Deliverer (or other filler) or something similar. Can run General (most damage), Hero (allows Morgan to hit max speed threshold) or Wyvern Lord (high damage, mobility if you needed it).

I decided to make a last minute change to my pairings as I switch up Cordelia and Panne's husband so it will be Virion x Cordelia and Stahl x Panne. Now Severa now have the option to switvh to both magical and physical with Inigo if I want to and Stahl!Yarne gains some awesome skills that Virion wouldn't pass down like Dual Guard +, Luna, Vantage and Aegis.

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

DG+ and Aegis (as well as Pav) aren't very good skills in Apo. This is because as long as you have a handful of spotpass units dedicated towards only using the rescue staff, you can pick and choose every single fight. You can rescue in, rescue out. Every fight can be calculated, so you know exactly how much damage you are taking and dealing. So I'll pose a simple question: when do you think Dual Guard+ and PavGis are going to be useful?

Answer: only when they proc and when you would have died.

If they just proc when you would have lived, then all that did was save a use of elixir or some healing staff (which are non-factors since you technically have an unlimited supply). So, if you would have died without it, the problem isn't the effectiveness of those defensive skills. Because at that point, you are intentionally placing yourself in a bad situation ("I need dual guard/pavgis to proc, or else the enemy will kill me"). Why place yourself in the RNG situation in the first place when you can choose every fight? You shouldn't ever be in a situation where there's a chance of failure on purpose.

Also, vantage is indeed one of the best skills in the game. But, it comes at a cost. When you limit your HP pool, you need to take note of how much you can take as opposed to getting one shot when you're at ~40 HP. In the hands of someone who's calculated vengeance values and damage thresholds, this is no problem. Vantage itself in those hands simply is a strategist's tool to manipulate the orders of fights (namely, guaranteeing the kill before the enemy would be capable of doing the lethal damage--typically paired with vengeance). Unlike many skills in the game, vantage holds no intrinsic value. If you don't know how to properly (ab)use it, then you are putting yourself in a position to fail. It's one thing to slap on something like a faire, and you might reap some benefits from the extra attack; you might not. But with vantage, you can't really wing it easily.

When it comes to Owain I'll probably have Henry as his father to capitalize his magic growth and mods. It's just if I want to focus more of a physical unit who would be arguable be the better father then? Any helpful tips who to pair Maribelle and Panne that helps their children? I fear Panne might get benched yet again since I haven't found the sweet spot for a good Taguel.

Edited by FoliFF

Are you talking about Owain, then I recommend Stahl as he could make Owain a decent physical fighter and a awesome Dread Fighter. If not, good physical dads are as follow; Stahl, Frederick, Chrom, The Vaike, Gregor, Avatar (Depends on your asset/flaw) and Lon'qu.

Good Pairings for Maribelle are Henry (for a sorcerer Brady), Virion (decent mods to pass), Lon'qu (same as Virion but better) and Ricken (more magic power). Overall, Brady is a great character that he don't need a father to even function as well as he do on the battlefield. His Ma already passes down some great classes to him and he only need the mods from his dad and probably nothing else at all.

Good pairing for Panne are Stahl (great skills to pass down like Hit Rate+, Vantage, Dual Guard+ etc...), Frederick (same as Stahl but lower speed mod), Virion (only worth it for Hit Rate+) and Vaike (a speedy but very strong bunny, that is now a thing). Though however Yarne is as good as a support unit than a front liner.

Taguel is known not be a good class as its range is only 1 and it can use any brave weapon unlike Manaketes who have 1-2 range with dragonstones and thus make them useful with their tanky stats (which is why I hate what they done to dragonstones in the FE: Fates).

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

Are you talking about Owain, then I recommend Stahl as he could make Owain a decent physical fighter and a awesome Dread Fighter. If not, good physical dads are as follow; Stahl, Frederick, Chrom, The Vaike, Gregor, Avatar (Depends on your asset/flaw) and Lon'qu.

Good Pairings for Maribelle are Henry (for a sorcerer Brady), Virion (decent mods to pass), Lon'qu (same as Virion but better) and Ricken (more magic power). Overall, Brady is a great character that he don't need a father to even function as well as he do on the battlefield. His Ma already passes down some great classes to him and he only need the mods from his dad and probably nothing else at all.

Good pairing for Panne are Stahl (great skills to pass down like Hit Rate+, Vantage, Dual Guard+ etc...), Frederick (same as Stahl but lower speed mod), Virion (only worth it for Hit Rate+) and Vaike (a speedy but very strong bunny, that is now a thing). Though however Yarne is as good as a support unit than a front liner.

Taguel is known not be a good class as its range is only 1 and it can use any brave weapon unlike Manaketes who have 1-2 range with dragonstones and thus make them useful with their tanky stats (which is why I hate what they done to dragonstones in the FE: Fates).

FoliFF: I've got Stahl!Owain and I can vouch for his effectiveness as a physical unit. I generally agree with all Sil3nt 4sh's other picks, except to note that Lon'qu is slightly wasted on Owain due to class overlap.

Brady's definitely good with a lot of different dads. I actually think Libra is among your better choices: his stats are close to what Henry would give, and he doesn't really need Berserker so Henry can be put to better use elsewhere, either to pass down Berserker or to give Cynthia a good +Mag dad when Chrom marries someone else (typically the Avatar or Olivia).

As Czar_Yoshi once told me, many moons ago ( :P:), what Yarne really needs are hit-boosts, so Virion is an acceptable father, perhaps not the very best but not bad. He does best as a support for a galegirl, as most non-galeboys do. Stahl is a good dad for several kids (much like Henry, just more physical) so giving him to Yarne means an opportunity cost of *not* giving him to someone like Owain, Inigo, or Severa--which may or may not be a problem if you already have dads lined up for them. Given that that's not hard at all (e.g. Ricken!Owain, Fred!Inigo, Lon'qu!Severa), it's certainly a valid choice.

Both Taguel and Manakete aren't particularly good classes for several reasons (though S4 touched on the big ones). Yarne can instead go Assassin, which gives literally almost identical stats and pair-up bonuses, while at least giving the option of ranged attacks, or better still he can go Berserker and have range 1-2 axes as well as fat +Str/+Spd support to offer his lovely lady.