Really depends on the playstyle. You can have a FeMU x Chrom stomp comp, or you can throw in extra units into the mix (MaMU x Cordelia, Chrom x Sumia...). Granted, those are more geared towards Lunatic+. For the vanilla Lunatic and below, Panne and Nowi are definitely in the spotlight as well. It's just when you're under the pressure that you need something to work, you typically have to ignore small details like an entire list of pairings (not really ideal to recruit every single child--especially one that's going to warm the bench like the parents in question as well).

I think you might be better off posting ideas of what your skeleton team might look like so you can bounce back and forth some concepts or pairings that might help you in your run. Whatever you post isn't set in stone, so there isn't much stress at all. Am I guaranteeing your first list is going to be what you'll use? No; there might be some changes. Some things are more concrete than others.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really depends on the playstyle. You can have a FeMU x Chrom stomp comp, or you can throw in extra units into the mix (MaMU x Cordelia, Chrom x Sumia...). Granted, those are more geared towards Lunatic+. For the vanilla Lunatic and below, Panne and Nowi are definitely in the spotlight as well. It's just when you're under the pressure that you need something to work, you typically have to ignore small details like an entire list of pairings (not really ideal to recruit every single child--especially one that's going to warm the bench like the parents in question as well).

I think you might be better off posting ideas of what your skeleton team might look like so you can bounce back and forth some concepts or pairings that might help you in your run. Whatever you post isn't set in stone, so there isn't much stress at all. Am I guaranteeing your first list is going to be what you'll use? No; there might be some changes. Some things are more concrete than others.

Just want to second this (again): without knowing at least a few of your core choices--who the Avatar, Chrom, and Sumia are going to marry--it's very difficult, if not impossible, to properly assist you with this, Chocoburger.

Do you have any opinion on those three characters?

Edited by amiabletemplar

Okayy, no list, got it. I was hoping there might be one to help ease my indecision.

For some background, I've +Spd/-Lck and cleared chapter 7 on hard/classic; things have gone incredibly smoothly, even though (M)Avatar has been passed around like the town bicycle and has no high-level supports. I haven't decided if he should be physical, magical, or stay mixed.

Here's what I have so far/am thinking of:

(M)Avatar x ??

Chrom x Sumia (S)

Stahl x Panne

Ricken x Miriel

Lon'Qu x Cordelia

Stahl x Panne ended up together as I didn't know what to do with either. I know Panne can reclass into an impressive wyvern rider, but she's mostly here because Stahl is a bro and needs an attractive friend.

Ricken x Miriel came about because I thought Laurent might be one of the children I could reasonably use, and I wasn't sure what he might want besides all the magic. Truthfully, I'm not overly fond of either, but maybe they'll grow on me. If there's a better partner for Miriel/father for Laurent, I'll ditch Ricken without a second thought.

Lon'Qu x Cordelia was by chance, but I think the stats she contributes help with his dodging/crits--at least it seemed like it when he was one hit away from death but butchered four wyvern riders in a row during a particularly invigorating enemy phase.

None of those three pairs are super committed yet, since they just started working together.

Soo.. That leaves the avatar. I don't really want Sully for the Avatar (though I ended up liking her character more than I was expecting) and I don't know what the devil to do with Lissa/Maribelle. I usually bring Lissa and spam heals to try and level her, but I don't know how to get the most out of the two of them. They seem a little lackluster to me. (I've heard Owain is an easy child to grab, which makes Lissa more interesting, but I'm not sure who she should marry or how.)

Gods I feel silly discussing this in a thread that's mostly about optimizing for insane maps or challenge runs.

If there's a better partner for Miriel/father for Laurent, I'll ditch Ricken without a second thought.

Gregor is easily Miriel's best father, passes down AT or Sol very well.

(I've heard Owain is an easy child to grab, which makes Lissa more interesting, but I'm not sure who she should marry or how.)

Could marry Lissa off to Avatar, pass down Veteran and Tomefaire to Owain then have the latter go down Sorcerer for an easy VV build.

Gregor is easily Miriel's best father, passes down AT or Sol very well.

Could marry Lissa off to Avatar, pass down Veteran and Tomefaire to Owain then have the latter go down Sorcerer for an easy VV build.

Oh, I like those ideas. I've done a bit more reading through the thread, and I had no idea how absolutely flexible and good Gregor lets Laurent be.

So, I think these are all good, then:

(M)Avatar x Lissa

Chrom x Sumia

Stahl x Panne

Gregor x Miriel

Lon'Qu x Cordelia

I'm not sure how easy it will be to collect/use children if the only grinding I'm doing is fighting random risen spawns (I'd call it soft grind, if that), but I suppose I might find out.

I feel a lot happier now that I have some structure to focus on.

Oh, I like those ideas. I've done a bit more reading through the thread, and I had no idea how absolutely flexible and good Gregor lets Laurent be.

So, I think these are all good, then:

(M)Avatar x Lissa

Chrom x Sumia

Stahl x Panne

Gregor x Miriel

Lon'Qu x Cordelia

I'm not sure how easy it will be to collect/use children if the only grinding I'm doing is fighting random risen spawns (I'd call it soft grind, if that), but I suppose I might find out.

I feel a lot happier now that I have some structure to focus on.

From there, the next useful questions to answer are who's marrying Sully, Tharja, and Nowi--as those are your opportunities to get Galeforce on a girl who wouldn't normally have it. General agreement is that Nah isn't a sufficiently good investment to justify it, so most go Donnel x Sully and Gaius x Tharja. No special need to grind for either of those, as only Donnel's Villager skills are worth passing down, and Gaius!Noire can't inherit much worth talking about (Sol or Axebreaker--or Counter, if you don't really care about Apotheosis--are the only things worth passing).

You'll want to try to grind Panne enough to get Lancebreaker, as Stahl!Yarne can't get Wyvern Rider. As usual, Laurent and Gerome should inherit Dual Support+, which means you'll need to promote their mothers to Valkyrie ASAP. Mothers who can pass down Galeforce obviously should grind enough to reach that point (Sumia, Cordelia, Lissa, Olivia, Maribelle). M!Avatar should quickly pursue one of the male-exclusive skills to give F!Morgan, like Axefaire or Wrath.

From there, your only unpaired mothers are Nowi, Cherche, Olivia, and Maribelle. For them, I'd recommend Fred x Olivia (one of Inigo's better options, actually) and Vaike x Nowi. The other two are sort of a tossup, based on who marries Henry, the last dad that gives Berserker to his sons. Since Brady can't get a positive Str inheritance from anyone but Vaike (and even then it's +1), you may as well double down on the Mag and capitalize on what Ricken can give you, so Henry!Gerome and Ricken!Brady round out your options.

[spoiler=In summary](M)Avatar x Lissa

Chrom x Sumia

Stahl x Panne

Gregor x Miriel

Lon'Qu x Cordelia

Donnel x Sully

Gaius x Tharja

Frederick x Olivia

Vaike x Nowi

Henry x Cherche

Ricken x Maribelle

That gives you solid, fairly well-rounded options. The last three pairs could be juggled around without too much problem though, if you don't really like one of them.

Remember, this is an in game analysis. So most of those pairs are better off omitted. You shouldn't just double or even triple (assuming kids want to be paired as well) the number of pairs just to make a completed list for the sake of a completed list.

While the pairing thread is primarily geared towards Apo discussion, that doesn't mean to ignore other players who want help in other areas. Although there has been some precedent in separate topics geared for streetpass, there's nothing inherently right or wrong about asking for help with a different goal in mind. Also consider that most people asking for Apo might be assumed to be working with LB, Agg, etc., which might not be the case. Perhaps no restriction Apo may be the most commonly asked format for help--it doesn't mean it's all we do.

Can someone please give me their opinions on my pairings for Gen 1 overall? Any suggestions for Skills passed down or classes for Gen 2 are appreciated. I'll be using this file for Apo. (Playing on Normal Classic just so I can make easy money and exp from reeking boxes) (No Limit Breaker or DLC classes but I have Infinite Regalia.)

MU x Cordelia

Chrom x Olivia

Henry x Sumia

Gregor x Miriel

Ricken x Lissa

Panne x Vaike

Stahl x Cherche

Gaius x Tharja

Donnel x Sully

Frederick x Nowi

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Edited by IsaacBorg

Can someone please give me their opinions on my pairings for Gen 1 overall? Any suggestions for Skills passed down or classes for Gen 2 are appreciated. I'll be using this file for Apo. (Playing on Normal Classic just so I can make easy money and exp from reeking boxes) (No Limit Breaker or DLC classes but I have Infinite Regalia.)

MU x Cordelia

Chrom x Olivia

Henry x Sumia

Gregor x Miriel

Ricken x Lissa

Panne x Vaike

Stahl x Cherche

Gaius x Tharja

Donnel x Sully

Frederick x Nowi

Lon'qu x Maribelle

If you're playing Normal Classic then you won't have to worried too much about skills to pass down but if Apo is your main goal then hear what I think.

MU x Cordelia- I don't know what your Asset or Flaw is so I can't give accurate information but Cordelia should pass down any skill that you don't want Severa to go through like if you pass down Galeforce then you won't have to go through the Dark Flier class at all unless you tend to end her as such. For MU.... Either do the same as Cordelia or pass down a male only skill like Counter, Wrath or Axefaire (there are more but these are my favourites.) Counter for Streetpass mostly, Wrath for VVW combo and Axefaire if you want Severa to be a powerful Hero. The same thing applied to Morgan but without knowing Asset/Flaw this is I can't be accurate with classes.

Chrom x Olivia- It is accepted as the best Chrom's pairings as it benefits both kids greatly but Inigo in general than Lucina (I still like my Chrom x Sumis, you can't have enough Aether). Chrom will always pass down Rightful King and Aether to Inigo and Lucina respectively. From Olivia, Galeforce is what should be generally pass down to Inigo (definitely) and Lucina (unless you have another skill in mind but not Luck +4 or Special Dance, they are both useless and Lucina can't inherit the dancer class. Lucina- Great Lord or Dark Flier, Inigo- Hero or Assassin

Henry x Sumia- The best pairing for Cynthia beside Chrom. Henry should pass down Counter as it is male only while Sumia can pass Galeforce down. Sage or Dark Flier for classes.

Gregor x Miriel- Awesome pairing that form a fantastic Laurent. I often have that Gregor passes Vanatage while Miriel passes an female only skill like Dual Support + or Vengence. Sage or Sorcerer for front lead, Berserker for supporter.

Ricken x Lissa- Be warned. If you do this then Owain will have to abandon his sword hand in favour for his magic hand... which is not actually bad since he makes an awesome Sage. Ricken could passes Luna and for Lissa, a female only skill like Dual Support + or Galeforce. Sage

Panne x The Vaike- Result in a very strong Berserker Yarne which is very nice in my book. He will still be a supporter as the frontline is not his specialty. Panne- Swordbreaker, Vaike- Axefaire I guess. Berserker obviously

Stahl x Cherche- One of the few good pairing for Gerome (I still like me that Henry x Cherche, dat support and gamplay). I really don't like this pairing support but that me. Stahl should pass down Hit Rate + and Cherche- Dual Support + or something else I suppose. Sniper or Assassin

Gaius x Tharja- The aftermatch of this pairings create a awesome frontliner Noire. Gaius can passes the Pegasus Class somehow so Noire can attain Galeforce. Gaius should passes the male only skills like Sol for longivety or Counter for... well annoying purposes. Tharja should pass down Pavise, Vegeance or Luna or in other word which class you don't want Noire to suffer thorugh. Sniper and Sorcerer

Donnel x Sully- If you're doing Gaius x Tharja then this is pairing that should floow afterward as this result in a very good Kjelle. Her best non MU dad is Gaius followed by Donny. In this pairing I often have Donnel passes Counter and Sully any skill from a class that I don't want Kjelle to suffer from like Aegis, Swordfaire. I like Hero, General and Assassin for final classes

Frederick x Nowi- I really don't know the efficient of this pairing as I never tested it before but I heard it is pretty awesome though it don't have any proper healing skill except for Lifetaker but required you to kill an enemy on your turn. Frederick can pass down Aegis, Pavise or Dual Guard +. For Nowi, Swordbreaker or Lifetaker. Manekete.

Lon'qu x Maribelle- Great pairing for Brady in terms of Mods as Lon'qu don't pass Skills that Brady generally need as he is just perfect on his own. Still. Lon'qu can al least pass down something like Vantage or Astra and Maribelle- Galeforce. Sage Mode

Overall, you have some good pairings for your Apo journey. It all depends on how you use your team as one mistake can lead to your doom but with correct pairings of your Sec Gen and good thinking it can be done. Trust me! Ihope this information help you in file,

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

Anything Apo related, Braves should be the only weapons you should use except for the long/double bow on Snipers (who take that alongside brave bows). Doubling your damage is a little too good to pass. The 3-range is an exception since no enemies can react against them.

To put some numbers into play (assuming you double), you get 10 attack out of axefaire (5 extra attack per swing). If you run a brave, then you have basically 20 extra attack (since you attack 4 times). Stack that with a support partner who also has braves, and you can see how nice the static boost is.

Now, since enemies have dragonskin and pavgis+, the actual attack bonus from small boosts doesn't quite add up exactly like that. Just know that getting in twice as many procs, twice as many dual strikes, etc., actually is a game changer.

Thanks a lot. My MU is +Str/-Luck. I plan to pass down AxeFaire to Severa so she can make use of forged Hector's Axes and Helswath better.

From what I saw Fred x Nowi is similar to Kellam x Nowi. Just Fred trades 1 point of Def in favor of 1 point of Str.

+Str/-Lck will be great for both of your MU's children (edit: though, I'll note, +Str/-Def is slightly better). They'll end up with +5 Str/Skl and +3 Spd, a healthy combo for any physical attacker. Mag is weak, though, so I definitely recommend passing Galeforce from Cordelia even though both daughters can learn it on their own. Really, GF/Axefaire is a solid inheritance for both of them.

Fred!Nah does exchange a point of Def to gain a point of Str. Neither dad is especially good, but...well, Nah has less potential to lose than other children.

Also: Everything Vascela said (well done on that, Vascela). Brave weapons, in effect, stack multiplicatively with doubling and Galeforce. When you factor in the extra chance for procs and such, it's a huge benefit. But because of that, I'm not sure why Sil3nt 4sh recommends Manakete as an ending class for Fred!Nah. Manaketes don't get Braves, which hurts a lot, but they've also got abysmal Spd and Fred makes it worse.

Also x2 combo: Golden Sun!! Such a great game (and the sequel too; the third...not as much). Good to see another proud fan out there. :)

Edited by amiabletemplar

Hello cuties, I'm gonna be jumping back to Awakening to finish off the DLC I never finished aka all of them cept Apothesis I will be playing Hard this time around because tbh Lunatic isnt fun ti me anyways.

I will be running a +DEF Robin and Im debating on marrying Panne or Cherche not sure. In terms of children I want to prioritize/use?

Morgan, Lucina, Gerome, Owain(Kinda wanna make him a Sorc tbh unless people got good Myrmidon builds), Severa, Cynthia and Yarne oh and Kjelle(I wanna make her a bride) any suggestions are welcome thanks in advance

Ayyy another GS fan(I actually don't hate Dark Dawn too much but it was ok at least)! Speed is an issue for nah but I'll be putting her on the back in that case since she can't get galeforce & is quite slow. I'll probably pass Dual Guard+ on her from Frederick.

Really, DD was more just...disappointing rather than bad. It did a good job of making the locations feel magical and mysterious--I quite liked the "zodiac" dungeon for example--but the writing wasn't nearly as good, and a bunch of stuff felt like weird ass-pulls for no reason other than "we need to make this character a requirement" (Amiti's Insight and Himi's Search instead of Reveal? Really?). But I should probably stop there since none of these are Fire Emblem games! :P

Hello cuties, I'm gonna be jumping back to Awakening to finish off the DLC I never finished aka all of them cept Apothesis I will be playing Hard this time around because tbh Lunatic isnt fun ti me anyways.

I will be running a +DEF Robin and Im debating on marrying Panne or Cherche not sure. In terms of children I want to prioritize/use?

Morgan, Lucina, Gerome, Owain(Kinda wanna make him a Sorc tbh unless people got good Myrmidon builds), Severa, Cynthia and Yarne oh and Kjelle(I wanna make her a bride) any suggestions are welcome thanks in advance

Are you planning to shoot for Apo, or are you just wanting to experience the story/writing of the DLC? The difference between the two is significant, as Vascela said earlier (I'm still fairly "new" to the optimization scene, so I tend to focus my attention on what little I've learned/heard from others in this thread, which mostly means a no-limits Apo focus).

I've already done Apothesis on Lunatic but I wouldn't really mind doing it again tbh. The Marth Maps and Apothesis are the only maps I've done. I guess let's just say I wanna clear ALL of the DLC including Apothesis.

Really, DD was more just...disappointing rather than bad. It did a good job of making the locations feel magical and mysterious--I quite liked the "zodiac" dungeon for example--but the writing wasn't nearly as good, and a bunch of stuff felt like weird ass-pulls for no reason other than "we need to make this character a requirement" (Amiti's Insight and Himi's Search instead of Reveal? Really?). But I should probably stop there since none of these are Fire Emblem games! :P

Maybe we should make a Golden Sun thread lmao. I do have lots to say about DD.

I've already done Apothesis on Lunatic but I wouldn't really mind doing it again tbh. The Marth Maps and Apothesis are the only maps I've done. I guess let's just say I wanna clear ALL of the DLC including Apothesis.

Well, in that case, a few things. First: +Def is generally agreed to be one of the worst assets you can pick, at least for Apo use. You have more direct experience of it than I do (which is to say you have some at all :P:), but everything I've been told says "pure offense is the way to go," and -Def is the least offense-harming flaw there is. Is there a particular reason you want +Def?

Second: most of the standard questions apply. Who will Chrom and Sumia (the two parents with the fewest support options) marry? Most people seem to do Chrom x Sumia, but there are good reasons to try for Chrom x Olivia and go for Sumia x Henry. Do you care about getting Galeforce on daughters that don't inherit it from mom? If so, Donnel and Gaius need to marry Sully, Tharja, or Nah. Nah usually draws the short straw there, and since you didn't mention her, I suspect you won't mind if she doesn't have GF. I've had good results from Donnel!Kjelle, and I assume she'd be solid as a Bride.

Third: Nothing wrong with using Owain as a Sorcerer--it'll be more versatile than a Swordmaster anyway. However, only two dads give him that class: Libra and Henry. They're damn close to equal in terms of power, with the same +Mag cap and little else to say for them (since Owain already has Barbarian and . I'd probably go with Libra, myself, since Henry is a potentially useful father for several other children while Libra...isn't.

Edited by amiabletemplar

I want to go with +DEF mainly so I can just be a mega tank but maybe it isnt needed especially since I might be going Sorc anyways and even then I'm rollin Hard not Lunatic+ so probably isnt needed.

Also I planned on ChromxSumia because I dont plan on using Inigo at all and I assume Chrom benefits Cynthia and Sumia benefits Lucina with Galeforce. As for Donnel!Kjelle completely forgot about that pairing.

Maybe I should drop a list to make it easier to nitpick sooo

RobinxPanne

ChromxSumia

CherchexGregor

CordeliaxLonqu(? Or is Stahl better)

LissaxLibra

Now that I think about it probably a better idea if I just go +STR for Yarne's sake its been a really long time since I played Awakening what are the best Physical classes in Awakening I know in Fates Hero sorta sucks but I dont recall that being the case in Awakening back when I played. So for a Male Robin would I rock Hero?

Edited by MitoRequiem

I decided to start a female run because I never thought to do one before in my entire Fire Emblem experiences as I like to play as my gender and also because I'm bored since clearing my Lunatic Casual playthrough. Unlike the Male Avatar, I am somewhat not familiar with the Female Avatar but I definitely want to do Chrom x Female Avatar because of dat story changes and... well that is pretty much why I pick the pairing beside getting two children. I like to pair my self insert character to people who will in turn affect the story in someway, no matter how small it is or I just like their character design, personality and backstory (*cough*cough*cord*elia*cough*tiki*cough*tha*cough*cough*rja*cough). It is why I like Male Avatar x Lucina in the first place and Male Kamui x Azura when I get Fates or that I secretly have a fetish for blue hair character..

Anywho, how are these pairings for my FeMU run.

+Spd/-Def FeMU!Lucina x Gregor!Laurent

Henry!Cynthia x Ricken!Owain

Stahl!Severa x Libra/Frederick!Inigo

Gaius!Kjelle x Vaike!Gerome

Chrom!Morgan x Vaike/Kellam!Nah

Lon’qu!Brady x Donnel!Noire

The names in bold are the ones where I am not sure about who should be the parent for best pair efficiency possible. If anyone can help me in this regard, it will be most appreciated as I can't decide at all. Yarne is not mention because he is gonna be bench unfortunately. It was either him or Gerome but since Stahl is already taken and I am not sure how effective Virion is to Yarne in pairing with Kjelle, I decided on Gerome . I'm thinking somewhere the line of Libra!Inigo, Vaike!Gerome and Kellam!Nah but I don't know. Can anyone also help me in this regard as well.

Classes are also recommended as well skill set if you can.

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

Here is a planed list of pairings for my +Mag -Str MaMu run:

~Chrom x Maribelle (Magical Lucina)

~Lissa x Lon'qu

~Sully x Donnel

~Miriel x Ricken

~Sumia x Henry

~Panne x Frederick

~Cordelia x Vaike

~Nowi x Gregor

~Tharja x Gaius

~Olivia x Libra

~Cherche x Virion

~MaMu x Lucina

~Laurent x Morgan

And the others are subject to change if cases are presented:

~Inigo x Kjelle

~Yarne x Noire

~Brady x Severa

~Owain x Cynthia

~Gerome x Nah

That should be the list I have so far. I am not sure if I missed anyone, but if I did please let me know :D:

I decided to start a female run because I never thought to do one before in my entire Fire Emblem experiences as I like to play as my gender and also because I'm bored since clearing my Lunatic Casual playthrough. Unlike the Male Avatar, I am somewhat not familiar with the Female Avatar but I definitely want to do Chrom x Female Avatar because of dat story changes and... well that is pretty much why I pick the pairing beside getting two children. I like to pair my self insert character to people who will in turn affect the story in someway, no matter how small it is or I just like their character design, personality and backstory (*cough*cough*cord*elia*cough*tiki*cough*tha*cough*cough*rja*cough). It is why I like Male Avatar x Lucina in the first place and Male Kamui x Azura when I get Fates or that I secretly have a fetish for blue hair character..

Anywho, how are these pairings for my FeMU run.

+Spd/-Def FeMU!Lucina x Gregor!Laurent

Henry!Cynthia x Ricken!Owain

Stahl!Severa x Libra/Frederick!Inigo

Gaius!Kjelle x Vaike!Gerome

Chrom!Morgan x Vaike/Kellam!Nah

Lon’qu!Brady x Donnel!Noire

The names in bold are the ones where I am not sure about who should be the parent for best pair efficiency possible. If anyone can help me in this regard, it will be most appreciated as I can't decide at all. Yarne is not mention because he is gonna be bench unfortunately. It was either him or Gerome but since Stahl is already taken and I am not sure how effective Virion is to Yarne in pairing with Kjelle, I decided on Gerome . I'm thinking somewhere the line of Libra!Inigo, Vaike!Gerome and Kellam!Nah but I don't know. Can anyone also help me in this regard as well.

Classes are also recommended as well skill set if you can.

Both Morgan and Lucina will be sporting +6 speed mods from this. This works fine if you are looking to run physical sets on them but offers pretty much nothing for magical sets that +MAG doesn't.

If you are running Stahl!Severa (which is physically oriented), I would combo it with Fred!Inigo. You can run plenty of decent physical class combos here (dual paladin, sniper, assassin, hero etc.)

You can run the Wyvern Lord set (Vengeance/LB/Lancefaire/Galeforce/AS+2) on Gaius!Kjelle with a berserker pairup so that works.

Kellam!Nah blows, definitely run Vaike!Nah if you can. Nah can hard support on things like General (damage) or Hero (if you are looking to speed boost the lead).

Yarne is definitely better than Gerome (unless Gerome gets Henry, which he won't if you aren't marrying Chrom and Sumia). Virion!Yarne works perfectly.

Depending on how set you are with those second gen pairings, I would change a few things up, but not sure how much you like those pairings (e.g. Morgan x Nah).

I can give more concrete skillsets once pairs are finalised.

Looking through the thread I think I can kinda get some more ideas to also help you guys help me.

Okay! So I'm for sure gonna run RobinxPanne +STR/-LCK(would Res be better?) I plan to end as a Hero for my Robin.
Wanted to go with a Berserker build for Yarne

Running Lissa/Libra for the Sorc build on Owain

CherchexGregor seems like a good fit for me but I see a lot of Henry being a better father and I'm open to that and also want to know why(I assume it has to do with skills)

CordeliaxLonqu but again I'm open to changing this one as well as well as class suggestions for Severa I assume Hero or Paladin are like #1

ChromxSumia I'm mainly going for this one because I feel that Chrom helps Cynthia a lot(Doesn't she get Aether?) I'd probably want to throw her in the Dark Flier class as well. I don't plan on using Inigo at all so not really interested in going ChromxOlivia route plus I heard these days Sumia as the mother for Lucina isn't too bad.(I got really really early Awakening knowledge I know the game has changed a lot since then lol)

I'm gonna add Noire to this list I want an Assassin. I hear TharjaxGaius is pretty legit for an Assassin Noire? If so what skills do I wanna rock.

I was going to do KellamxNowi but reading above I see that VaikexNowi is better so I'll go with that.

DonnelxKjelle is my go to and I want to make Kjelle a Bride I hear that this pairing works wonders for that.

As for actual pairups for stats and what not I haven't put thought into that and open to suggestions as well.

-LCK is the best generalist flaw, -DEF is best if you want to hyper-optimise offences.

If you want Avatar Hero to lead, run something like LB/Luna/Ignis/Swordfaire/Aggressor. Panne is awful as an actual combat unit if you are trying at all to optimise this team for postgame though, be warned.

Henry is considered a great parent for Gerome for 2 reasons. Firstly, he passes Berserker (which Vaike and Gregor do too). Henry also passes Dark Mage line which gives Gerome access to valuable support skill like Hex and Anathema (which Vaike and Gregor don't). Gregor is definitely a viable father for Gerome though.

Lon'qu!Severa probably runs Wyvern Lord most frequently (LB/Gale/Lancefaire/Vengeance/AS+2). With a berserker husband, she can hit 75 speed and double every enemy in the game on a powerful, mobile class. If you want to run Hero Severa, look at Stahl or Vaike (Stahl for Paladin also).

Gaius x Tharja is indeed the best for Noire in pretty much every instance. LB/Gale/Luna/Astra/Bowfaire (or swordfaire if you are going that way) would be your skillset for assassin noire.

Donnel is Kjelle's second best father, but Gaius does more for Noire IMO so your way around works and can easily run Bride. You probably want to pair with a magical husband in this case (Owain, Brady, possibly Inigo, Laurent).

Remember if you marry Avatar to Panne, you end up with one extra girl in second gen and someone goes without marriage. I strongly recommend making that someone Nah.

As for remaining suggestions, give Stahl or Ricken to Olivia, Virion to Maribelle, Ricken to Laurent (Henry I guess otherwise) and whoever to Nowi (Vaike would be leftover), as Nah will be benchriding. These would adjust depending on changes you made to your existing pairings.

I'll echo CoolCoolCool's reasoning, Sil3nt 4sh. Fred!Inigo is a good pick, more for the classes it provides than the stats (though the stats are decent too--not great, but decent.) Definitely go with Virion!Yarne x Gaius!Kjelle, he's a solid choice (and was sort of soft-recommended to me over Gregor!Yarne). Since Chrom!Morgan will lean physical, Vaike!Nah isn't a bad choice for a physical support unit. (Never use Kellam if you can avoid him, his stats are weak and the class lines he passes down are just not as good as Vaike's.)

Will add more for MitoRequiem later, have to close my browser so things can update :S

Looking through the thread I think I can kinda get some more ideas to also help you guys help me.

Okay! So I'm for sure gonna run RobinxPanne +STR/-LCK(would Res be better?) I plan to end as a Hero for my Robin.

Wanted to go with a Berserker build for Yarne

Running Lissa/Libra for the Sorc build on Owain

CherchexGregor seems like a good fit for me but I see a lot of Henry being a better father and I'm open to that and also want to know why(I assume it has to do with skills)

CordeliaxLonqu but again I'm open to changing this one as well as well as class suggestions for Severa I assume Hero or Paladin are like #1

ChromxSumia I'm mainly going for this one because I feel that Chrom helps Cynthia a lot(Doesn't she get Aether?) I'd probably want to throw her in the Dark Flier class as well. I don't plan on using Inigo at all so not really interested in going ChromxOlivia route plus I heard these days Sumia as the mother for Lucina isn't too bad.(I got really really early Awakening knowledge I know the game has changed a lot since then lol)

I'm gonna add Noire to this list I want an Assassin. I hear TharjaxGaius is pretty legit for an Assassin Noire? If so what skills do I wanna rock.

I was going to do KellamxNowi but reading above I see that VaikexNowi is better so I'll go with that.

DonnelxKjelle is my go to and I want to make Kjelle a Bride I hear that this pairing works wonders for that.

As for actual pairups for stats and what not I haven't put thought into that and open to suggestions as well.

+Str/-Lck is fine. Technically, -Def or -Res would mean you'd have nothing reducing your Str cap, but it's a small difference. Berserker is a good class for boys: strong offense, good pair-up bonuses provided to the lead unit, axes are versatile, etc. And, as stated, Libra!Owain is perfectly fine as a Sorc.

Not much more to add beyond CoolCoolCool's responses, but there are a few things I can add/clarify:

Henry's a good dad for several kids, he gives a good combination of classes and offers a good Mag inheritance.

Lon'qu!Severa is considered a very strong unit; her kit is a little different from most (her only procs are Vengeance and Astra, for example) but that +6 Spd/Skl is tasty.

Gaius definitely gives Kjelle better mods than Donnel does, but (unusually) Donnel passes down a nicer set of classes, especially since Kjelle gets Myrmidon naturally anyway.

Correct. Chrom's daughters always inherit Aether, his sons always inherit Rightful King. Chrom is definitely a good dad for a physically-inclined Cynthia; Henry is for a Mag focus.

Gaius!Noire is a very solid choice. As an Assassin, CCC's listed skills are fine for non-Apo fights; in Apo, drop Astra (which will do pitiful damage) for Lucky Seven or Anathema.

Not much more than that.

Edited by amiabletemplar