@Not_the_NSA: I apologize for spreading inaccurate information. I'm still very new to this, and most of my "knowledge" is more rote-memorization of things I've heard from other conversations, which probably had a lot of extra detail I didn't know at the time. Thank you for correcting me. I absolutely hope other, more-experienced players, like you, will do exactly that if I'm in error.

Edited by amiabletemplar

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Libra!Yarne a good alternative for Virion!Yarne where he exchange Hit Rate +20 for Hex and Anathema in pairing up with Gaius!Kjelle for Berserker x Wyvern Lord, Berserker x General and Berserker x Paladin class pair up. If there is more class pair up you can devise from out of your head, it is most appreciated.

alright so ive been trying to decide a setup for my new hard classic run, and here is what i have so far:

chrom!inigo

olivia!lucina

henry!cynthia

tharja!morgan

mu!noire

donnel!kjelle

libra!owain

ricken!laurent

lon’qu!brady

gaius!nah

?!severa

?!yarne

?!gerome

what fathers should i use for severa, yarne, and gerome?

Severa - Virion, Stahl, or Vaike

Yarne - Virion or Stahl

Gerome - Virion, Stahl, Vaike, or Gregor

edit

They're figuratively the same (Virion!Yarne and Libra!Yarne), but Virion is harder to pair off compared to Libra. Also, +Hit loses a lot of value if you're running Limit Breaker so I wouldn't worry about +Hit that much (but it's nice to have on your Zerkers).

here's what i came up with, thoughts?

chrom!inigo

olivia!lucina

henry!cynthia

tharja!morgan

mu!noire

donnel!kjelle

libra!owain

ricken!laurent

lon’qu!brady

gaius!nah

stahl!severa

frederick!yarne

gregor!gerome

here's what i came up with, thoughts?

chrom!inigo

olivia!lucina

henry!cynthia

tharja!morgan

mu!noire

donnel!kjelle

libra!owain

ricken!laurent

lon’qu!brady

gaius!nah

stahl!severa

frederick!yarne

gregor!gerome

Chrom!Inigo and Olivia!Lucina are pretty good pairing overall. With Chrom!Inigo you get to abuse Rightful King with Lethality on Assassin class and Olivia provide more Str mods than any of the other potential mother for Lucina (with the exception of FeMU) and allow Lucina to keep using Great Lord as because of the mods and as well as access to Swordfaire and to abuse that with Falchion. The only downsides to this is that Olivia is not a good combat wife for Chrom due to her special role as Dancer and pairing up with Chrom might change that depending on the classes you pick for Chrom.

Henry!Cynthia is considered the best non-Avatar and Chrom pairing for Cynthia. I don't have much experience with Henry!Cynthia as I mostly use Chrom x Sumia with the exception of my now recent run trying to get Henry and Sumia together but Henry passes down some nice skills for Cynthia such as Vegeance and Lifetaker and generally make her a better Dark Flier with his magic mods.

Tharja!Morgan and MU!Noire- This depends on your Asset/Flaw which I don't know what it is. I'm gonna assume it is either +Mag or +Spe because they are the most common ones and are decent with Tharja especially Spe since Tharja is kinda slow but Mag cause the children to become powerful demon childs of destruction if use properly. With Avatar as her father, Noire can get Armshift to abuse Aversa Knight in Sorcerer class along with Morgan (If you're into that kind of method) or could possibly be the few children to use VVW. Either way, this is a good enough pairing for powerful magical children.

Donnel!Kjelle- forms a well balanced and awesome Kjelle. With Donnel as her father, she has access to Galeforce allows her that allow her to play support or even a lead if need be and she can even grab Lancefaire if she wants to be General or even a Bride for balanced Defenses and in tandem with Armsthrift, she can use Gravidus to its fullest potential.

Libra!Owain provide a a decent magical Owain to abuse his true gift; his magic hand. With Libra as his father, he does get access to Sorcerer and with innate access to Vantage, he can play a high risk, high reward game with Vengeance or/and Wrath. His Vengeance build is best played as a Sage, but go ahead if you want to use a sorcerer build. Overall you won't regret this pairing.

Ricken!Laurent makes Laurent into a very power magic wielding tome caster. He will provide great magic support to any of your magical character with Sage or Sorcerer.

Lon'qu!Brady- Brady have everything he need from his mom, he only need mods from his dad which Lon'qu quite a lot of it.

Gaius!Nah is a.... decent set as he provide her access to Galeforce like Donnel however Gaius is not a good father to Nah (in my opinion). She get no offensive proc from Gaius save for Astra, which is not bad but it is unreliable. Fortunately, he can pass down Sol to make her a tank in her manakete class.

Stahl!Severa is a popular pairing for her as it make her into powerful physical unit. Access to Luna, Vengeance, Vantage, Sol, and Aegis, this Severa has a lot of what she wants in skills. +3 STR in mods is pretty good, with her worst mod being -3 in LCK (Limit Break don't care about that). With inherent Galeforce, she can earn in extra kill her for her partner. Definitely a top-tier pairing with many options.

Frederick!Yarne is a good option for Yarne ​as Frederick not only passes Dual Guard + to accompany the innate Axefaire but he also provide the Pavgis combo, letting him become a tank (just don't try it at Apo)

Gregor!Gerome- Make him into a power tank with the access to Vantage along with a good support as Gregor passes Berserker which also means Axefaire.

Overall, it is not a bad set. I would change a couple of things to this team but if you like this arrangement then by all means go for it.

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

@nsa thanks a lot for the input, ive switched around my pairings to

chrom x olivia

mamu x cordelia

stahl x panne

gregor x cherche

vaike x nowi

gaius x tharja

libra x lissa

lon'qu x maribelle

ricken x miriel

donnel x sully

henry x sumia

ok, in total disregard to my previous posts, i will be running a lunatic / classic

my planned pairs are:

sumia x chrom
sully x donnel
tharja x gaius
lissa x ricken
miriel x gregr
olivia x frederick
panne x stahl
cordelia x lon'qu
maribelle x virion
nowi x vaike
cherche x henry

i'm probably going to marry lucina as a mamu, but what should my asset/flaw be? also, what should be the end classes/skills for the children?

ok, in total disregard to my previous posts, i will be running a lunatic / classic

my planned pairs are:

sumia x chrom

sully x donnel

tharja x gaius

lissa x ricken

miriel x gregr

olivia x frederick

panne x stahl

cordelia x lon'qu

maribelle x virion

nowi x vaike

cherche x henry

i'm probably going to marry lucina as a mamu, but what should my asset/flaw be? also, what should be the end classes/skills for the children?

Here's the asset and Flaws I used for one of my MaMu runs that might be able to help here:

+mag -str

I did that on a Chrom x Maribelle run but it should work just as well as Chrom x Sumia if you're going that way.

Also looking to pair off my Chrom!Morgan (+def -lck) to Henry!Noire (Sorcercer/Sniper) What class would be the best support for her? (I'm thinking of going magical with both kids btw)

@graves Libra!Inigo > Fred!Inigo

Asset/Flaw: +Spd/-Def since it looks like you're going to grind ad nauseum to get all the kids so -Def doesn't matter, especialy since Male Robin is hard support (aka not in the front) for the gale girls.

And meh, if you're grinding and only plan to crush Lunatic/Classic with DLC, I assume, then you can run whatever classes you want.

@silentchloey Grandmaster has great S-rank bonuses.

And doubtless strength would be wasted though. Still that is an option I can consider.

It's not wasted, the +7 Strength is just there and Noire walks aways with +7 Magic/Skill/Speed.

I agree. The only sense in which "unused" boosts are wasted is that maybe you could have gotten a couple more points from running a different class. But given the substantial benefits you get in exchange, having an unused +7 Str is peanuts.

Edited by amiabletemplar

@ chloey and @ nsa

thanks for the input guys!

You're welcome :D: glad I could help you.

For the sake of class options for Libra!Inigo what is the best finishing class for him?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

You're welcome :D: glad I could help you.

For the sake of class options for Libra!Inigo what is the best finishing class for him?

Really, he can take either path (magic or physical) and do fine, so it depends on what you want to do with him. If magic, Sage is by far the preferred choice, since it lets him use Staves, has the highest Mag, and provides the best Mag pair-up bonuses (+9 Mag, +7 Skl, +7 Res). If you wanted access to Dark tomes, for Nos-tank shenanigans or whatever, Sorcerer isn't a *bad* plan...but...the sheer flexibility offered by having Staves (and, thus, Rescue!) is difficult to pass up.

If physical, Berserker, since it has very high Str and great pair-up bonuses (+10 Str, +8 Spd). With LB, Libra!Inigo can hit 61 Str as a Berserker, which is damned impressive. I don't *think* there are any other significant alternatives...Zerkers just have a highly optimal package.

Incidentally, this illustrates what I mean by the whole "wasted isn't entirely accurate" thing: when you're already getting good bonuses to key stats, having one that doesn't really help you means only losing, at most, 2-3 points from the absolute maximum pair-up bonus you can get, but can offer really good things in return. For the comparison noted above, a Grandmaster gives 2 less Mag, in exchange for an extra 4 Spd (2 from class bonus, 2 from support-level bonus), and of course the extra Str. That's a trade that is worth making, especially if it gets a character to a Spd breakpoint (or allows you to remove a skill, like +2 Spd).

Edit: Further, this is part of why there isn't a good "close second" Physical class for boys that get Berserker. It's got literally the highest damage-boosting pair-up bonus in the game (+10 Str, in total), and the only other stat it boosts is Spd, which a large amount of Apo optimization centers around (to double, or at least avoid being doubled). Therefore, you're always going to be giving up Str (for both sides of the pair), and it's hard to find a class that gives more Spd. The only options are Great Lord (char-specific), Falcon Knight (female-exclusive), Assassin, and Swordmaster. And of the two that most boys can get, only Assassin still provides a class bonus to Str--so you're trading +1 Spd (and some Lck) for -3 Str, *and* giving up 10 Str on the Assassin himself. It's a raw deal.

Edited by amiabletemplar

I'm having some trouble with my final builds and classes as well for some units, namely Lon'qu!Severa, Gaius!Noire and Robin!Cynthia.

I mean, I guess it doesn't matter since my Nah can't get hurt by mortal men - maybe I should just farm Limit Breaker with her paired up with Chrom and skip the risk of other units dying.

I'm having some trouble with my final builds and classes as well for some units, namely Lon'qu!Severa, Gaius!Noire and Robin!Cynthia.

I mean, I guess it doesn't matter since my Nah can't get hurt by mortal men - maybe I should just farm Limit Breaker with her paired up with Chrom and skip the risk of other units dying.

Can't specify Cynthia without knowing the Avatar's stats, but as for the other two:

Gaius!Noire is quite solid as a Sniper, as I understand it. Definitely want LB/GF/Bowfaire; from there you have several great options. She has access to all the general proc skills (Luna, Astra, and Vengeance). Anathema is always a good choice, though Hex is of little value. Lucky Seven is good if you know you can win quickly. Not sure if Dual Guard+ would be worthwhile or not. Any of the Breaker skills would also be nice. I'd (tentatively) recommend LB/GF/Bowfaire/Luna/Anathema. You could go for magic as a Dark Knight or Dark Flier too, though sadly Noire won't get Tomefaire--might be good as a mage-killer with Tomebreaker instead? That's speculative on my part.

Lon'qu!Severa has several options. For physical, I *think* Wyvern Lord is her best choice, though Assassin and Bow Knight are potential alternatives. As usual, LB/GF are a given. Lancefaire is useful for Wyvern Lord; Swordfaire is fine for Assassin/Bow Knight, but not quite as nice (Bowfaire would be better, but LQ!Severa doesn't get it). From there, most of the options are similar to Noire's: Anathema, Hex, Quick Burn, Lucky Seven, Vengeance, Astra. LQ!Severa has a lot of Breaker skills, so Swordbreaker/Bowbreaker can be nice on Wyvern Lord (and Lancebreaker on Bow Knight) to mitigate weapon weaknesses. Tentative recommendation: Wyvern Lord with LB/GF/Lancefaire/Anathema/Astra, though you could also run Vengeance/Vantage instead of the last two.

For magic, Dark Knight and Dark Flier look pretty good--I think Dark Flier looks slightly better, but that could be taste talking. I'd probably go with something like...LB/GF/Vengeance/Vantage/Anathema? Maybe? I'm not entirely sure how to skill her up for magic.

You could also run Vengenace/Vantage on either physical or magical.

Hey thanks man. My Avatar's +speed -luck, which I sort of regret since I wouldn't mind having 100% chance of not breaking a weapon with Armsthrift, which almost all of my main units have. Cynthia and Morgan are both Grandmasters and have the same skills: Aegis, Galeforce, Armsthrift, Sol and Ignis.

Yeah, Noire is currently a Sniper with Luna, Galeforce, Lifetaker, Dual Guard+ and Lucky Seven and I'll start farming Limit Breakers soon. Severa is a bigger mystery though since I'm not a big fan of Wyvern Lords - a part of me wants to just equip her with four Breaker skills, but it'd take ages to farm since she only has Axebreaker so far. Isn't she a good Swordsmaster?

Edited by Thane

Hey thanks man. My Avatar's +speed -luck, which I sort of regret since I wouldn't mind having 100% chance of not breaking a weapon with Armsthrift, which almost all of my main units have. Cynthia and Morgan are both Grandmasters and have the same skills: Aegis, Galeforce, Armsthrift, Sol and Ignis.

Yeah, Noire is currently a Sniper with Luna, Galeforce, Lifetaker, Dual Guard+ and Lucky Seven and I'll start farming Limit Breakers soon. Severa is a bigger mystery though since I'm not a big fan of Wyvern Lords - a part of me wants to just equip her with four Breaker skills, but it'd take ages to farm since she only has Axebreaker so far. Isn't she a good Swordsmaster?

The only real issue with Swordmaster--as I understand it--is that Swords generally can't do ranged damage (with the exception of Ragnell and Levin Swords). That may or may not be a problem in your eyes; if that's fine to you, then Swordmaster could be another path. I mostly didn't consider it because I have never seen it discussed before, other than to say that there are better alternatives. This may, again, be one of those areas where I drew unwarranted assumptions or generalized something I shouldn't have. You probably wouldn't want to do more than three Breakers if you did that, since both LB and GF are such potent benefits.

With a Swordmaster, your Faire is obvious, and I think a Vantage/Vengeance combo is probably the better choice here (though, as always, you can gear for a different proc like Luna or Astra, which gives another skill slot for something like Anathema, L7, All+2, or the like.) It gives the best +Spd bonus possible for pair-up (+10 total), so this can in theory also be useful if you have a boy to pair her with that needs just a little more Spd to reach a cap, though optimizing for that stuff is frankly beyond me.

Edited by amiabletemplar

I think the best wife for +Def Male Avatar would either be Nowi or Kellam!Nah but Cordelia is fine as she would have Galeforce ready to pass down to both Severa and Morgan by the time you marry her and then you would have a entire family already with Galeforce. Watch out for those enemies with Luna + though, they will seriously wreck your team, I know that very well.

For No Grind Lunatic+, what would be the best wife for a DEF!MaMu? I was thinking Cordelia.

Ooh, that's...tough. I've heard that, if you can get access to a Dragonstone+ before/when you recruit her, Nowi is a good no-grind unit because of the stat bonuses...but beyond that I have no idea.

AS+2 isn't really necessary imo. I'd trade off for Lifetaker just to have a heal skill.

From what I can tell, based on the Serenes Forest stat calc thinger, LQ!Severa as a Hero, with a Berserker support, hits 78 Spd (48 natural stats + 10 LB + 10 all 3 rallies + 2 tonic + 8 support = 78), which is slight overkill--so, I agree, All+2 is not necessary. That said, All+2 will mean you can use any support and still hit exactly 75 Spd, rather than just a Berserker, if that is an issue (though really it shouldn't be).

Edited by amiabletemplar

Is pass a good skiil to hand down to Vaike!Brady? Or am I better giving Brady another skill? Also what should Libra give Inigo when I go for him?

Renewal would be a good skill to pass down to Inigo since it's easily available to Libra and it saves Inigo from unnecessary reclassing into War Monk.