Marth is ugly

Chiki

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't see it.

I mean, I would say the new Monshu on is better because it is more in line with the other portraits. Not because it is bad, yet alone bad enough that I would refuse to play the game again because of that.

Well, I actually do find the Monshu expression a bit off, to be honest. Though, maybe it's just because Marth is the only one to have a significantly changed portrait, so he feels like he doesn't belong with them.

Edited by BrightBow

Obviously guys we need main characters who is extremely attractive to keep us playing the game

I mean, Imagine how enjoyable the game would be if the cast is made up of these kind of hottie:

Marcus-1.png DAT BEARD

Zealot.png UBER LOOKS

Gonzales.png Token Moe Character

Echidna.png He's HOT

Bartre-1.png DAT MUSTACHE

dagdar.png FAP/10

And this is our Lord

brighton.png

Yeah, I would play games like these everyday just to fap on the cast, not even joking

I think Echidna is an attractive lady to be honest.

I actually found all of them attractive

With the exception of Gonzo

But thats because Gonzo is about as moe as speedwagon

That being said, theres something with Marth potraits in FE11 that I don't like, and its mostly related on how much I dislike FE11 interface. FE1 Marth has a weird face(but lolFE1), FE3 Marth kinda looks weird, but the pose that the potraits assumes during the confrontation with Hardin is.... epic. I think FE12 captures the "attractive" essence of Marth the best out of every single one of them

Edited by Salesmaster MU

I always found personality to be a defining measures of a characters..... "attractiveness" so to speak

Theres just something about those characters such as Gonzo, Zealot, Sheeda, Palla, Minerva, or say.... Nanna that make them a lot more attractive compared to the rest of the cast in the series

For the record, I don't find the majority of Awakening and a lot of villains to be attractive for largely the same reason

Edited by Salesmaster MU

I don't mind if characters like Gonzales are ugly but if an important character who is getting a lot of screen time looks like a fatty with a deformed bean head then it bothers me.

I tend to be more tolerant of ugly characters because I am ugly, so I don't really mind.

Heck, I tend to ask myself why did character X does not appear more because they are ugly(most of the time this is supported by their characterizations). Call it wish fulfilments, but I don't really care

That being said, my thoughts regarding the potraits can be summed up as "lolFE11Interface"

I don't mind if characters like Gonzales are ugly but if an important character who is getting a lot of screen time looks like a fatty with a deformed bean head then it bothers me.

i'm sure that there are a lot of people with fat faces who would take great offense to this statement.

i'm sure that there are a lot of people with fat faces who would take great offense to this statement.

Video games /=/ real people. The comparison doesn't exist. And even if it did, Marth is way uglier than anyone I've seen in real life.

actually, this post was a joke:

shame on you for taking it so seriously, lol! what a chump.

EDIT: in case you can't tell, i'm mocking you for playing the joke card.

Edited by dondon151

actually, this post was a joke:

shame on you for taking it so seriously, lol! what a chump.

EDIT: in case you can't tell, i'm mocking you for playing the joke card.

At least I don't feel the need to post on threads for no other reason than to mock people online. I feel sorry for you. Maybe you should find a hobby? Try finishing those FE7 0% HHM vids?

Edited by Chiki

Actually I don't like Marth's portrait for technical reasons. He has this awkward anime head shape and yet it's shaded to look like it's "3D". His nose doesn't protrude out at the right angle nor does his teeny tiny mouth. Norne also has a weird head shape with really long, low hanging cheeks, a nose that's really low for her face, and not much in the way of a chin. Many of the portraits feature really flat, straight noses, and that bugs me a lot. Personally my favourite portraits in the game are Caeda, Nyna, Camus, Ogma, and Nagi and they all happen to have higher cheekbones.

I think Matthis and Tomas compete for the title of worst hairstyles in all of FE and not even New Mystery's improvements to all the portraits can fix that.

I mostly prefer Marth`s FE3 portraits I don`t know the look in those for some reason look just right for him probably because when I first saw Marth it was in Super Smash Bros Melee and his look in that game is heavily based off his FE3 look and I think that look is cool. his FE1 look however is whoa!!! and not in a good way. but all in all in my opinion all of Marth`s portraits are great except that FE1 version but hey it`s Marth everyones favorite Prince heh well I don`t know he used to be everyones favorite prince Lol I don`t know who is the big favorite now among them all now.

At least I don't feel the need to post on threads for no other reason than to mock people online. I feel sorry for you. Maybe you should find a hobby? Try finishing those FE7 0% HHM vids?

there is nothing wrong, etc. with pointing out someone else's contradictory statements.

there is nothing wrong, etc. with pointing out someone else's contradictory statements.

They weren't "statements." This is obviously not a serious thread; if you want to try to mock someone to boost your ego, at least do it in real life.

look, dude, i'm not sure if you realize that you generally can't say something that can be construed as offensive and expect your statement to be retracted with "lol jk it was just a joke!" there is no indication to me that this is "obviously not a serious thread" (because marth's FE11 mug does have some abnormal proportions).

your suggestion that i have no life was absolutely uncalled for.

How about you just stop talking to each other for a while? Or at least in this thread, stop the arguing. Insulting people's life choices is generally bad here, and if you are going to make a comment stand by it. Don't say "just a joke" as if that excuses anything. There are lots of "jokes" that are offensive so if your joke is offensive, too bad. Just a joke doesn't cut it.