Marth is ugly

Chiki

Personally, I refuse to play FF7 ever again because Cloud is just a bunch of blocks combined to make a deformed mess of what you could consider a person.

2w7fg2o.png

Does this thing look like a person to you?

In all seriousness, I have a sort of fondness for Marth's Fe11 portrait. It's probably the only Marth that doesn't look the slightest bit feminine whatsoever, which, combined with the trademark tiara and the contrast to Marth's early babyface portrait, makes for a much stronger impression on the character.

Edited by Constable Reggie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly i think if his mouth was drawn slightly wider and perhaps a pixel lower on the face, i wouldn't have a problem with his portrait at all

everything else strikes me as fine and it's just that mouth

either way i'm glad FE12 did something about it

How about you just stop talking to each other for a while? Or at least in this thread, stop the arguing. Insulting people's life choices is generally bad here, and if you are going to make a comment stand by it. Don't say "just a joke" as if that excuses anything. There are lots of "jokes" that are offensive so if your joke is offensive, too bad. Just a joke doesn't cut it.

It's perfectly fine to take offense at jokes, but that is not why I said it was "just a joke." I said it wasn't a serious thread, and therefore, one should not expect my statements to be perfectly logically consistent, which dondon took them to be. I didn't come into this thread to make statements: all I did was post a thread saying Marth was ugly and compared him to a picture I found online. Obviously I wasn't expecting to be logically consistent here, and for good reason.

Let's go back on topic.

2167441-mars.png

Portrait_marth_fe12.png

I don't understand how anyone can think the first is better than the second...

It's perfectly fine to take offense at jokes, but that is not why I said it was "just a joke." I said it wasn't a serious thread, and therefore, one should not expect my statements to be perfectly logically consistent, which dondon took them to be. I didn't come into this thread to make statements: all I did was post a thread saying Marth was ugly and compared him to a picture I found online. Obviously I wasn't expecting to be logically consistent here, and for good reason.

Let's go back on topic.

2167441-mars.png

Portrait_marth_fe12.png

It's called different opinions. It may sound shocking to you but people tend to disagree.

I thought the second image was supposed to be your reaction to Marth.

I couldn't find a real person who looked like Marth (because he looks deformed) so I just took a random picture and thought it would be funny to compare them.

It's called different opinions. It may sound shocking to you but people tend to disagree.

No, what I don't understand is why you consider the first better. Why is that?

When I saw this thread, I assumed it as a shot against Marth. But as I observed all the comments, I kind of understood what you meant by it, and even though I have no complaints because I love SD, I'm not gonna lie, there was something off about his FE 11 portrait, particularly around the mouth that I didn't like. Thankfully, it was redeemed in FE 12, and really brought back the bishounen look that he's famous for and possibly improved it.

So yes, I agree that his FE 12 look is better

Edited by Hero-King

I sort of disliked his hair colour and mouth, yeah. Thank goodness FE12 took care of that.

FE12 made Samson, Caeda and Cain look way better as well. Oh and Merric.

I said it wasn't a serious thread, and therefore, one should not expect my statements to be perfectly logically consistent, which dondon took them to be.

i read your first post many times and did not see any mention about this not being a serious thread. you have some weird expectations.

the FE12 mug lacks expression. it's like saying which is better:

Spr_1b_150.png or mewtwo_hgss.png

obviously HGSS mewtwo has better proportions, but for one of the supposedly most intimidating pokemon in the game, the R/B sprite does it more justice. and of course, it's subjective.

also

Spr_1b_149.png vs Spr_4h_149.png

FE12 made Samson, Caeda and Cain look way better as well. Oh and Merric.

i disagree wholeheartedly with FE12 caeda looking better than FE11 caeda. FE11 caeda looks resolute. FE12 caeda looks like a doofus.

Edited by dondon151

Silly guy, as we all know the Fe12 portrait is objectively better than the Fe11 one so there cannot logically be any disagreement

The fe11 one has a far better facial expression, someone who's determined, focused, and understands loss. Again, contrast that with the kiddy, goofy, inexperienced look of the prologue Marth and it makes for a much better impression storywise.

The fe12 face has a much softer expression, one instantly less distinguished than the fe11 one. It portrays Marth as someone slightly more simplistic, relaxed, weaker, and less determined Given his personality (wahhh im so weak thank goodness i have godmu by my side) and relegated role in fe12, that may be what they were going for, but it's still not as stand-out as fe11's portrait. It's like a regression back into kiddy marth from 11.

The armor in 12's portrait is much better, though.

Dragonite looked pretty badass in RBY (esp. Japanese versions).

I don't know why they decided he should become the series' Barney the dinosaur instead.

2rh1ffp.jpg

Why does every dragon have to be badass? Dragonite is perfect.

No, what I don't understand is why you consider the first better. Why is that?

FE11 Marth looks determined. Also I don't find his mouth weird at all. His head seems to be a little too small, though.

FE12 Marth is expressionless and boring.

As Reggie said, the armor of FE12 Marth is better in my opinion, though.

Also, every dragon needs to look badass because they're dragons. Current Dragonite looks like it could be a damn teddy-bear.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I guess I changed my mind. FE12 Marth's face is really is pretty empty looking.

His clothes are definitely better and the collar is a huge improvement. He makes FE11 Marth look like Yogi Bear.

But that's all I grant him.

Erm... Gonzo is extremely "moe". So what about his looks? In his case it's just a case of behavior and personality.

I will keep this quote forever to keep it for use as blackmail.

Also Marth's portrait isn't bad but it's a lot better in FE12 because he's older.