AM/PM Mafia - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so here's how I rank the night players so far by increasing scumminess:

1. Prims

2. Kay

3. Strawman

4. Paper

5. Elieson

6. BBM

Prims is existing and being helpful. Kay has started content. Obviously, Strawman is the most town of the players who haven't posted yet. Paper is making sense with The Cars, but something feels off. Gut says BBM edges out Elieson for most scummy, but they're both scummy, so

##FoS: Elieson

##FoS: BBM

You're far too kind.

My role is both annoyingly provable and frustratingly antitown (as far as I can tell anyway). Just throwing that out there.

inb4 half dayscum half nightscum.

Man, when I asked to be night-phase so that I could be lazy, I didn't expect everyone else who posts frequently to also get assigned night phase.

If it was one 4p mafia split evenly between day and night, it would be 5/2 among the day-talkers to start stuff off, so the mafia could have lynch control by like D3 in our worst case scenario. Therefore I think that it's more likely that it's multiball, but with each side having one day person and one night person, rather than just a day mafia and a night mafia. I mean, yeah, the day-talkers can lynch night-talkers, but it's unlikely because the night-talkers can't respond to much and so voting for them is basically a votepark. A mafia that was composed completely of night-talkers would have a huge advantage over a mafia composed completely of day-talkers that I don't think role strength on the part of the day-mafia could make up for. Two mafias each having one person in the day and one person in the night weakens the amount of lynch control anti-town can get in the day phase.

I also think that town probably has a day Mayor, and IMO they should claim D1 and mayor test to prove themselves, and then get doc protection.

When I asked Boron about possible D2 LYLO, all she said was that this game was approved to run and is therefore at least somewhat balanced. And imbalanced setups aren't generally very cool for the sides that they're balanced against.

Kay, if Shinori always acts scummy, even as town, then doesn't mean that he might not be most likely to be scum even if he's acting scummiest?

He's gonna have an emotional outburst, accuse people over tiny things with weird logic, and spend all his time playing MMORPGS, in whatever order. Totally the scummiest.

If I had to give a FoS at this point, it would have be to Kay, because this sort of thing is unnecessarily provocative even if she's joking.

I have no one to FoS yet.

Also, I can confirm that vote modification role(s) exist. So BBM's mayor theory is probably a legit process, and a strong anti-FOS player FMPOV.

When I asked Boron about possible D2 LYLO, all she said was that this game was approved to run and is therefore at least somewhat balanced. And imbalanced setups aren't generally very cool for the sides that they're balanced against.

Kay, if Shinori always acts scummy, even as town, then doesn't mean that he might not be most likely to be scum even if he's acting scummiest?

Even if he's scummy town, he's still scummy.

If I had to give a FoS at this point, it would have be to Kay, because this sort of thing is unnecessarily provocative even if she's joking.

Even if my joking around offends Shinori, it's going to be a while before he can post, so I doubt it would affect gameplay. If I was trying to get on his nerves to cause said emotional outburst, it would be kinda tricky with him having that much time to cool off about it first. Unless he didn't read anything until day phase I guess but that would be really lame and people shouldn't do that if possible.

(I really don't mean to be actually offensive in any case, and my apologies if I mistakenly am. Not trying to say it's fine for me to be a jerk, just that it doesn't make much difference gameplay-wise.)

Also repeating what Prims said earlier: BBM, why didn't you ask about that stuff publicly?

also also FoS: Paperblade

Come on, there's starting to be actual things to say if you take things too seriously enough, you should post more than "BBM is scum".

This game is weird because we can't change phases, which means that the 7 of us do not really have an impact on the game other than our roles. Lynching us is awkward because killing a nightscum doesn't actually mean that much since they likely cannot vote, it just removes their role. Plus, you don't really get interactions between day/night players so lynching a night player is just lazy.

Presumably there is a role that lets a night player vote or something (idk if that counts as changing phase), or maybe a neighborizer or something. idk, I don't feel like speculating too much.

Also it's hard to do a mayor test because of 4b.

people on one shift should be posting their opinions about people on the other shift though

like if anybody is ignoring the other shift's players entirely then that's Bad Play.

I agree on that account at least

also I don't have any real scumreads on a night player anyway aside from gut on Paper. hard to find mafias when there are no votes and people are spending more time discussing the set-up. Elie and Weapons are probably town though?

Fair enough Kay.

As for why I didn't ask publicly, like Paperblade, I asked before the game started. Then I revealed what I'd been told in my first few posts.

Prims, is your FoS serious? The tone implies not, but then Kay just had a somewhat serious FoS on Paper so idk if you'd joke one right after that.

IMO any investigation roles should target night players since lynching them without results will be lame. If there's a D1 ML, I'd save any killing abilities for if anti-town gets lynch control and starts flaunting it.

Yeah idk what to talk about other than setup because no one is getting lynched, so it feels like we'd just be talking in circles.

I do think in this case that talking about the setup is helpful because the other half of the game are the ones that can actually lynch, so telling them what to do is probably more helpful, at least for tonight.

Actually I'm just gonna claim because it will be obvious soon enough and I don't want dumbass town info roles running into me.

At day I can make two announcements max 150 characters in length. I can't vote. The announcements are anonymous but I don't see a reason to hide my identity and it will probably be obvious anyway.

tldr I'm K. Green the Intercom

Actually I'm just gonna claim because it will be obvious soon enough and I don't want dumbass town info roles running into me.

At day I can make two announcements max 150 characters in length. I can't vote. The announcements are anonymous but I don't see a reason to hide my identity and it will probably be obvious anyway.

tldr I'm K. Green the Intercom

##FoS Paperblade

For multiple reasons, one being that I'm Blitz, and along with my information that vote modifying role(s) exist due to my excellent wizarding magicks, I can do 150 word announcements twice per phase that appear in thread as soon as a host spots em.

Any other announcers that would like to claim? If we're throwing this all out there, I'd like to at least have all our announcers making face claims.