Let's Rate The Parent FINALE: Olivia and Cherche

Djing

Rating- 9.5

Mercenary for AT and Sol

Myrmidon for Vantage, Astra and Swordfaire

Barbarian for Counter and Axefaire

Unlike some of the other good fathers, he doesn't have to be only used on females. The only thing he doesn't have is luna. That is the .5 I deducted from his score. Ties with Stahl for best Non-MU father IMO.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7.5/10 - myrmidon is great, mercenary is good, barbarian/valkirie are irrelevant (unless the daughter doesn't have another magic option, like gregor!Kjelle). Mods are meh. Makes a great Laurent, a good yarne (as far as yarnes go), a good noire and a good kjelle.

Edited by Nobody

Gregor is a solid father for basically every kid, especially the ones without Galeforce. All of his class trees give +spd pair up bonuses which is quite nice. His main flaw is that he lacks both Galeforce and Luna.

8/10, on the cusp of greatness, but Stahl one-ups him at virtually every turn.

Pros:

-Myrmidon

-Mercenary

-Good mods (except Res)

Cons:

-Um...

Meh:

-Like Stahl, no speed? Laurent and Noire would appreciate it, for one.

The Kids:

Laurent: Armsthrift Aversa with Vantage. I'd argue it's not quite as effective as a Sage, but it's still pretty good.

Noire: Armsthrift Aversa with Vantage and Luna. And Pavise. Pretty easily her best non-Galeforce pairing and she actually becomes really good physically since Tharja doesn't hurt Strength.

Yarne: Decent frontliner who's basically just Gregor 2.0. The modifiers stack really well, admittedly.

Gerome: Hero overlaps, so this is mostly for Myrmidon + Axefaire. I like the supports though.

Brady: So, you have the most unscrewable kid in the game. And he has no class overlap with Gregor, of all people. I've had a lot of fun using this. Think of this as the male version of Donnel!Kjelle, only less efficient.

Kjelle: Vaike!Kjelle with Troubadour instead of Thief, pretty much. Some people say you should do this over Donnel!Kjelle, which is insanity since she gets 1 more speed but another child gets screwed over in exchange. Still a decent pairing in a vacuum, though.

Nah: Doesn't really mind Vantage, Sol and some physical stats.

Severa: See: Vantage. Oh, and Axefaire too I guess. Better than Gaius, arguably.

Owain: Donnel!Owain but more boring.

Inigo: no thanks

Despite the change in how Mercenary is perceived, Gregor is still pretty easily one of the more (if not the most) idiot-proof dads in the game. Myrmidon access alone is always good, and nobody minds getting Sol/Hero on top of that. Barbarian/Troubadour is gravy, but there's still quite a bit of usage for both. For the most part though, this is Gaius with a more flexible class set.

8.5/10

Edited by HeoandReo

We're almost done with the fathers now.

Libra

Libra has one use and one use only, Tomefaire Dark Mage. Apart from that, his class set is terribly redundant. As far as I know, only Owain, Inigo and Kjelle care about Sorcerer, so Libra's worth as a father depends on whether you think having another Sorcerer other than Laurent, Noire or Severa is important.

3/10 - I feel that multiple Sorcerers result in diminishing returns (unless you rely on dubious strategies like Mire spam).

Edited by Spaceman Craig

He's an acceptable father for the Vantage kids, like you mentioned. Vengeance, Tomefaire, and Sage are OK, but compared to the rest of the cast it's not even close to ideal.

1/10, I may have to go back and revise my Kellam rating. I don't know who's worse.

Edited by Meteor

Libra is the epitome of class redundancy, thankfully we have 2 Kids who is amazing with him, 1 that is fine with him, and Brady

Sorc is not even that good, so he's kinda eh

2/10

Edited by JSND

Libra 3/10

good Inigo, good Owain, meh Kjelle, Brady Brady.

Terrible for everyone else. In most of my playthroughs, he and Virion marry the bench.

(But now he's married to Olivia.)

Edited by Nobody

Libra 3/10

good Inigo, good Owain, meh Kjelle, Brady Brady.

Terrible for everyone else. In most of my playthroughs, he and Virion marry the bench.

(But now he's married to Olivia.)

Dude, come on. Everyone knows that he marries Virion.

Class set worse than Virion's unless your name is Owain.

I'll still give him a 3/10, because Owain becomes really that good with him. Inigo's good with him, but I refuse to use magic Inigo. I'll give him the extra 1 point even so.

I don't want to make Owain a Dark Mage, that's stupid.

Building a team mostly on Galeforce and Nosferatanking is redundant. I want to make a Owain a badass Astra-using War Monk, not another Dark Mage to trivialize things that are already easy.

I don't want to make Owain a Dark Mage, that's stupid.

Building a team mostly on Galeforce and Nosferatanking is redundant. I want to make a Owain a badass Astra-using War Monk, not another Dark Mage to trivialize things that are already easy.

First of all, you did ask, so I personally would rather you not be insulting and dismissively condescending, even if it wasn't aimed at me specifically.

Second, Nosferatu isn't that great, it's Vantage and Vengeance that are cool. And he only needs 5 levels in Sorc to get Vengeance.

Lastly, what did you think think this thread was for, if not trivializing things that are already easy?

Edited by Euklyd

Pros:

-Decent modifiers.

-Sorcerer and Sage are alright.

Cons:

-Class set is not really that good overall. Mage is completely useless, for one.

Meh:

-Not really that much else to say about him.

The Kids:

Inigo: Armsthrift Aversa. With Vantage. And Galeforce. Probably best as a Sorcerer since Ricken!Inigo probably beats this as a Sage.

Owain: Vantage + Vengeance, basically.

Kjelle: Well, she has Vantage, Luna, Pavise and Aegis. Even though she has no Armsthrift, she still makes a great pinch Sorcerer. I'll make this viable, dammit!

Brady: Maybe more redundant than Ricken!Brady, but I still am okay with this because he at least makes better use out of Sorcerer than he would with Archer.

Yarne: It's Henry but slightly better I guess. Henry's not one of the better gen 1s, though.

Gerome: Henry!Gerome minus everything that makes it okay.

Nah: Highest non-Avatar Res in the game? Or was it Maribelle? Whatever. It's the highest Res Nah. Which isn't really anything to be proud of because lolres.

Noire: See Virion except probably worse.

Laurent: lol

The main thing that holds Libra back is the redundancy issues he faces. Dark Mage and Priest (and even Mage) aren't bad classes to have, but they're very reliant on certain other classes to make them work, hence why some kids work with him and others don't. Also the fact that he has Mage, which overlaps with both his options rather than another class to give him an extra niche on top of DM + Priest. He's not a bad parent on paper, but he's very, very situational.

3.5/10

I'm trying to think of what the worst class set for a father would be. Dark Mage + Fighter/Troubadour + Thief is my proposal.

* No Peg

* No Luna

* No -faire skills

* No Deliverer/Vantage for Brady/Cynthia

And there's lots of class overlap, especially for the Vantage boys. Furthermore there are virtually no good support classes outside of Assassin for everyone else. Throw in a negative speed mod, and any child with him as a father would be worse than a virgin birth.

I'm trying to think of what the worst class set for a father would be. Dark Mage + Fighter/Troubadour + Thief is my proposal.

* No Peg

* No Luna

* No -faire skills

And there's lots of class overlap, especially for the Vantage boys. Furthermore there are virtually no good support classes outside of Assassin for everyone else. Throw in a negative speed mod, and any child with him as a father would be worse than a virgin birth.

Well, I think I know how the next day's votes are going to go...

* No Peg

* No Luna

* No -faire skills

Trob for Cynthia = nope

Should find a better way to ruin her!