Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that it might be Grass/Ground, Fire/Psychic, Water/none or Flying this time.

T. Rex is pretty cool, but the sauropod is going to be pretty damn hard to use IMO.

Steel lost of its defensive hype which is pretty cool too. Dark getting a bit nerfed due to Fairy existing isn't too good though.

Yveltal looks like it might be a bit like Groudon in the it's pretty damn weak to the other version mascot.

Has anyone considered that Mega Evolutions may be weaker than normal forms, especially if it blocks the use of an item such as Leftovers, Life Orb or Choice Scarf?

They could be, but we can't be too sure until we see them in action and try them out ourselves.

They could be, but we can't be too sure until we see them in action and try them out ourselves.

Really the first example that can come out of my head is Mega Venusaur. While it got pretty sweet defensive boosts, I'd say Breloom and Ferrothorn still make better SubSeeders due to Poison Heal/Spore/Fighting type or Steel type/hazards/Iron Barbs.

Meanwhile, normal Venusaur is beast under sunlight if nothing's nerfed.

The thing I've noticed about Fennekin's new evolution is the fact that its fur seems to flare out like a skirt, its black legs resemble stockings, and it appears to have a STICK in its tail. This, coupled with psyshock, seem to indicate a witch-like fire/psychic-typed fox to me.

The thing I've noticed about Fennekin's new evolution is the fact that its fur seems to flare out like a skirt, its black legs resemble stockings, and it appears to have a STICK in its tail. This, coupled with psyshock, seem to indicate a witch-like fire/psychic-typed fox to me.

Way ahead of you.

I think Froakie's evo is great, and I actually find Chespin's evo cute (yes I like derp, deal with it), but Fennekin's evo leaves me feeling... meh. Then again, it could still turn out awesome and I felt meh about Prinplup and Croconaw in the past too.

Some people are even speculating that the starters are poking a bit of fun at Fighter/Knight, Mage and Thief type characters in other RPGs.

And according to some stat speculations I saw elsewhere, it might be true.

That seems like an interesting concept, in which case I want to see Froakie and Fennekin's evo's even more.

The llama is a dog.

The llama is a dog.

THE LLAMA IS A DOG.

Okayyeahmmmhmmthat'sgreattotallyfantastic

And you can barbie the everloving hell out of him.

*Shoots foot*

My beloved Metagross gaining two new weaknesses. Dark got a nerf it didn't deserve, now completely outclassed by ghost.

Wai GF wai

Metagross and all the other steel types need to make way for the reign of Gengar-is Khan...

No one...?

Let's just kill all the birds at once then, my little fennekin evolves into something that stands up, although I guess TECHNICALLY every fire starter becomes bipedal (typhlosion stands up) at some point. Chespin is now my least favorite grass starter, not only did he break the reptile chain, he is the physical embodiment of derp itself. Froakie honestly looks really cool, Fenny's still my baby though.

Mega Garchomp... Sand Rush...

Tyranitar makes the jump up a tier or two just for this reason.

The same can be said of ninetails and politoed of course..

Wait, does Mega Garchomp's attack go up as well?

Mega mewtwo X. Gotta convince my little brother to trade game claims with me.

Meowstick, meh. Both Male and Female, it's cool, but, meh.

Fairy sounds way too strong for its own good, almost like they copy/pasted the competitive tier's main pokemon into it.

The fossils look AWESOME. The T-Rex makes my inner eleven year old hyperventilate. The brontosaur dude looks cool too, his ability though, I smell skill swap prevalence in doubles.

*Dog rant*

Team flare=Greedy Team Galactic, 'cept with fire.

Yeah, that's it I think

The llama is a dog.

The llama is a dog.

THE LLAMA IS A DOG.

Okayyeahmmmhmmthat'sgreattotallyfantastic

And you can barbie the everloving hell out of him.

*Shoots foot*

Metagross and all the other steel types need to make way for the reign of Gengar-is Khan...

No one...?

Let's just kill all the birds at once then, my little fennekin evolves into something that stands up, although I guess TECHNICALLY every fire starter becomes bipedal (typhlosion stands up) at some point. Chespin is now my least favorite grass starter, not only did he break the reptile chain, he is the physical embodiment of derp itself. Froakie honestly looks really cool, Fenny's still my baby though.

The same can be said of ninetails and politoed of course..

Wait, does Mega Garchomp's attack go up as well?

Mega mewtwo X. Gotta convince my little brother to trade game claims with me.

Meowstick, meh. Both Male and Female, it's cool, but, meh.

Fairy sounds way too strong for its own good, almost like they copy/pasted the competitive tier's main pokemon into it.

The fossils look AWESOME. The T-Rex makes my inner eleven year old hyperventilate. The brontosaur dude looks cool too, his ability though, I smell skill swap prevalence in doubles.

*Dog rant*

Team flare=Greedy Team Galactic, 'cept with fire.

Yeah, that's it I think

The brontosaur looks amazing...both fossils I think look amazing. Froakie's evoloution i think looks like the best of the three, definitely choosing it now.

No one...?

At least we might see less of Jirachi. And funnily enough a possibly UU/BL pseudolegendary. Gengar being even more awesome is something I appreciate wholeheartedly.

It's Sand Force, not Sand Rush. Stronger Earthquake, Stone Edge and such.

I'm not sure about Tyranitar since he just got a seventh weakness in Fairy though. Time will tell whether or not Fairy types/moves will have a strong metagame presence, but being able to keep two of the most dominant Gen 5 type in check tells me the moves will at least be used fairly often, while allowing free switches during Outrage.

Edited by Woodshooter

People moaning about both steel losing its dark resistance and dark being weak to Fairy is funny because the first change was a buff. The second was just balancing it out. Saying "dark types are becoming worse and worse" when they only get resisted by two types in the game, Bug and Fairy, of which at least the former isn't that common, is hardly being bad. If dark types are not represented well in upper tiers, that's because of the pokemon belonging to the type, not the type itself. It's not the fault of the type that the only good Dark pokemon are Darkrai, Tyranitar, and maybe Houndoom and Weavile.

People moaning about both steel losing its dark resistance and dark being weak to Fairy is funny because the first change was a buff. The second was just balancing it out. Saying "dark types are becoming worse and worse" when they only get resisted by two types in the game, Bug and Fairy, of which at least the former isn't that common, is hardly being bad. If dark types are not represented well in upper tiers, that's because of the pokemon belonging to the type, not the type itself. It's not the fault of the type that the only good Dark pokemon are Darkrai, Tyranitar, and maybe Houndoom and Weavile.

I wouldnt say that those are the only good dark types, Hydreigon is amazing and Spiritomb is okay.

Bug doesn't resist Dark. Fighting and Dark do, on top of Fairy.

Who knows how potent a weakness to Fairy is right now, but a weakness to Bug isn't exactly a good thing when U-Turn is a fairly common move.

Dark was already pretty similar to Ghost, but now it seems Ghost got a bit ahead. I'm also curious if they're going to add some stronger, yet common moves since Shadow Ball and Crunch pale in comparaison to moves like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt. The former do have a more common, arguably stronger effect than the latter, though.

New stuff : Litleo's evolution seems to have been leaked on IGN and is named Pyroar. Here's a scan that has been imgur'd in case IGN takes its own scan off.

hWkHRbw.jpg

Edited by Woodshooter

I saw some more scans up on Serebii this morning, since its been officially announced.

Its funny, but Pyroar reminds me of one of the ancient depictions of Entei shown in the third pokemon movie. Much more like a fire lion.