Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*foresees Vashiane's future team*

It will change many times, as more new, cool Pokemon are announced. :P

Yeah, probably. XD

So far I have six I want, not including their evolutions and whatnot, but that comes with the pokemon I want anyway.

Ooh. Seven. I forgot the Ice Dragon.

I'm naming it Ninian.

You mean the ice... Dinosaur, right?

I don't think there's an ice dragon, save maybe kyurem from last gen.

I've heard that pokemon names are supposed to go up to twelve letters this gen, but I'm not sure anymore.

It would have been cooler if honedge became a samurai with one of those straw hats, oh well, not crappy stage 3? Maybe?

You mean the ice... Dinosaur, right?

I don't think there's an ice dragon, save maybe kyurem from last gen.

I've heard that pokemon names are supposed to go up to twelve letters this gen, but I'm not sure anymore.

It would have been cooler if honedge became a samurai with one of those straw hats, oh well, not crappy stage 3? Maybe?

Yeah, that. [/mistaken]

R-Really? Twelve letters... so many possibilities~

Could this also mean that Chespin will become the Dark Knight? It'll be a hard choice if so. I'm likely to believe most of these rumors as this site hasn't let us down yet, besides a couple of slip ups.

Chespin isn't the hero Kalos deserved, but the one that it needed.

I... really wish that Honedge didn't evolve now.

Though, I suppose the upside to this is that it will probably learn Cross Chop.

If they dont give him a third evolution then I agree...

I think there gonna give it a third form with maybe a shield, hopefully not three swords

Catching a Honedge, naming it 'Excalibur!'. So when I send it out, the game says 'Go! Excalibur!!'.

Also, funny how I had a feeling they were gonna reveal an evolution for it. I haven't been this hyped for Pokemon in a long time.

Ragnarok would fit better IMO.

Or Durandal, since the region is based after France

Really like the new Honedge evo. Its kinda klinklangy but it just looks so much nicer.

Weak against Ghost, Fire, Ground and Dark. 10 resistances and 3 immunities give it a really good defensive type, and Ghost is shaping up to be an amazing offensive type so I think that the typing does it a lot of favors. If it does pick up Cross Chop, we're looking at a really good offensive Pokemon. I'd also love it if it picked up Will-o-Wisp, because 100% accurate will-o-wisp sounds awesome. Even without cross chop, Iron Head could function as another good offensive STAB now.

In terms of offense, Ghost/Steel is resisted by: Bibarel (hahahaha), Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Houndoom, Bisharp and Pyroar, but it doesn't really want to stay in on any of them. A fighting type partner looks like an awesome partner for this guy. Pangoro looks like a solid partner, resisting Ghost and Dark, while Doublade takes the Fighting and Flying types aimed at Pangoro and can hit the Fairy types with Iron Head.

As a Ghost type, Will-o-Wisp is almost granted, but Cross Chop strikes me a bit as odd.

X-Scissor? Sure. Guillotine? Even more fitting now. Cross Chop? Not seeing it much, since they're based on hands rather than blades. He's going to get a lot of Gallade's slashing moves, but even him didn't get Cross Chop despite dual blade arms.

Then again, Gliscor can shoryuken others now so who knows. Maybe Cross Chop could be part of move tutors too but I'm not betting any money on that.

I suppose there is a problem with Cross Chop, as stated by its description: "The user delivers a double chop with its forearms crossed. Critical hits land more easily."

Serebii says this of Doublade: "It is capable of carrying out intricate attacks by telepathically coordinating its two blades to deliver twice the slice in battle."

To me, that sounds like Cross Chop would be an ideal fit for Doublade, if the bolded word was changed. Of course, I also feel that Gallade should have access to the move too, but we all know that Game Freak and common sense are almost antonyms.

I think it's sad that Cross Chop actually has such a bad distribution because it's not a bad move at all. Superpower and Close Combat just came along and stole the spotlight for high powered physical Fighting moves, while others like Drain Punch, Brick Break and Low Kick all have added utility and better distribution still. Finally, Hi Jump Kick got buffed twice in a row.

Really it's just Stone Edge with an even better typing.

Edited by Woodshooter

Guys, we have our 6th gen's Klinklang :

doublade.jpg

That's quite cool (though the pink scarves do look a little weird). I thought Honedge would be a standalone Pokemon without evolutions or pre-evolutions, since it looked strong enough to not be a base form, yet simple and small enough to not evolve from a previous Pokemon.

I wonder whether this is the final form or an intermediate stage with an unrevealed final evolution.

My thoughts on Doublade:

First off, his appearance gives me that Magnemite vibe, where in this case, one sword becomes two. I kind of like that. I wonder if there's going to be a third evo where the two swords fuse with a shield?

As far as combat goes, Ghost/Steel is quite good defensively, being resistant or immune to 13 types, including, but not limited to, fighting, bug, rock, dragon, and fairy, while only being weak to fire, ground, ghost, and dark. This combined with hopefully solid defenses and Will-O-Wisp access should keep him durable. As for the typing's offense prowess, the only Pokemon currently revealed that resist both ghost and steel are Houndoom, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Bibarel, Bisharp, Pyroar, and whatever Helioptile's evo will be(assuming he stays electric/normal). That's pretty good when you consider that the first five Pokemon aren't particularly common in the current OU metagame(and until I see Pyroar's stats, I'm doubting his validity in OU, same thing with Helipotile's evo). Lastly, the moves I could see this thing get include, but are not limited to, X-Scissor, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, and Guillotine. Some people say that he will get Cross Chop, but I have my doubts, as usual.

Edited by General James