Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, everybody, look:

(Source)

[spoiler=more news]

• Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught – subsequently a caught Pokémon gives the same experience points as a defeated one.
  • Sky Battles are limited to Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Levitate ability – some moves can’t be used.
  • There is an adjustment to the inheritance system of breeding.
  • Ghost-type Pokémon can freely escape from battle without being influenced by Shadow Tag.
  • The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokémon receives 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon gain 50% experience.
  • When distributing new moves and abilities, priority was given to new Pokémon.
  • The CGI style is different from Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Battle Revolution, as those games were supposed to emulate “realism within fantasy”. Since the handheld Pokémon series is supposed to be accessible to everyone, battles were made “cuter”.
  • The standard selection process for Pokémon Mega Evolution is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.
  • The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokémon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles.
  • The timing to Mega-Evolve is selectable.
  • Some moves, with focus on special ones, have had their power and accuracy revamped.
Edited by Fruit Ninja

While we don't know whether doublade will get Cross Chop, we do know that it gets Sacred Sword, which is pretty cool since it was exclusive to the musketeers until now. And Ghost/Fighting is ridiculously good for coverage.

While Guillotine might make sense, there's no way a pokemon would have both No Guard and Guillotine. That's just too strong.

And yet Mind Reader + Sheer Cold has been perfectly fine on Articuno since generation 3. Poliwrath could have Mind Reader + Fissure in generation 2 as well.

Hey, everybody, look:

(Source)

[spoiler=more news]

• Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught – subsequently a caught Pokémon gives the same experience points as a defeated one.
  • Sky Battles are limited to Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Levitate ability – some moves can’t be used.
  • Ghost-type Pokémon can freely escape from battle without being influenced by Shadow Tag.
  • The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokémon receives 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon gain 50% experience.
  • The CGI style is different from Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Battle Revolution, as those games were supposed to emulate “realism within fantasy”. Since the handheld Pokémon series is supposed to be accessible to everyone, battles were made “cuter”.
  • The standard selection process for Pokémon Mega Evolution is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.
  • The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokémon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles.
  • Some moves, with focus on special ones, have had their power and accuracy revamped.

Interesting enough.

While we don't know whether doublade will get Cross Chop, we do know that it gets Sacred Sword, which is pretty cool since it was exclusive to the musketeers until now. And Ghost/Fighting is ridiculously good for coverage.

So now he even has a role as an anti-staller Pokémon too. Nice.

He might just get a spot on my team unless a better Ghost shows up, or just the good old Gengar.

Hey, everybody, look:

(Source)

[spoiler=more news]

Hoping Audino or Chansey are (not) too easy to find, because leveling just became far more easy, especially with the Gen V Exp system...

I thought I read somewhere that Guillotine didn't counted No Guard into account, but it must have been my imagination...

If it's not the case already, I'm sure they'll change it for Gen VI. they are not (that much) stupid after all

Did someone tried to use a OHKO move on a Pokemon who have No Guard ?

Anyway, he have definitely a place on my team. I'll name him Durandal.

Doublade is cool and all (he actually looks pretty sweet unsheathed), but not sure if he'll be my cup of tea. On the look out for more ghosties.

But then again, I don't really like that many ghost pokemon. The only ones being Gengar (because whai not?) and Chandelure. (Also Giratina if we want to count legendaries)

Edited by Vestige

Doublade is cool and all (he actually looks pretty sweet unsheathed), but not sure if he'll be my cup of tea. On the look out for more ghosties.

But then again, I don't really like that many ghost pokemon. The only ones being Gengar (because whai not?) and Chandelure. (Also Giratina if we want to count legendaries)

Ghost is my favorite type...

I do agree, they better add some kick ass Kalos-Ghost. If they don't I'll hunt them down...

>Mega Evos have stats like legendaries

600 BST Mawile confirmed

Hopefully Mega Mewtwo exclipses Arceus' BST

>Mega Evos have stats like legendaries

600 BST Mawile confirmed

Hopefully Mega Mewtwo exclipses Arceus' BST

More Legendaries have 580 BST.

And if you count Pione, 480 BST is already "legendary level".

Though, Mega Mewtwo have surely at least the same BST as Arceus.

And now, imagine if they made a Mega Arceus... (Though he probably wouldn't be able to change type)

And yet Mind Reader + Sheer Cold has been perfectly fine on Articuno since generation 3. Poliwrath could have Mind Reader + Fissure in generation 2 as well.

Mind Reader + OHKO move is completely different because it takes two turns to pull off. After Articuno/Poliwrath/Smeargle/etc use Mind Reader, you can switch pokemon and then they'll lose 100% accuracy. No Guard is a passive ability that doesn't require set up. You send Doublade in, and as long as it doesnt get outsped and OHKOd or you're not against a Ghost type, you're guaranteed a kill.

Mind Reader + OHKO move is completely different because it takes two turns to pull off. After Articuno/Poliwrath/Smeargle/etc use Mind Reader, you can switch pokemon and then they'll lose 100% accuracy. No Guard is a passive ability that doesn't require set up. You send Doublade in, and as long as it doesnt get outsped and OHKOd or you're not against a Ghost type, you're guaranteed a kill.

Sturdy's being used pretty often at least as of Generation 5. Let's see his stats first, because perhaps frail défenses or a bad speed is going to prevent him from being completely overpowered, nevermind that he can't avoid hits at all too.

Legendaries have UU status in gen 5 pretty often, so it might not be a very meaningful comparison.

But they still tend to have high stats.

If anything some MEGAS will meet the same fate.

102 Speed make TONS of difference, and I don't mean in a "Oh, now these dude outspeed Garchomp instead", but in a(assuming it drops below 100, imagine 90) "Fuck, Garchomp sucks right now"

Although being an in battle activation, I can imagine killing enough 100 Speed on the opponent's team before sending in Garchomp, make it Mega, and stomp the match

Edited by JSND