Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had over 500,000 at the Pokemon League and I randomly bought 100 ultra balls mid-game. Money is definitely not an issue

Also I skipped a lot of lategame trainers, so take that as you will.

Edited by Goldberg

Expensive how because I'm sitting on over 150,000 pokemoney on a regular basis now.

I had over 500,000 at the Pokemon League and I randomly bought 100 ultra balls mid-game. Money is definitely not an issue

Also I skipped a lot of lategame trainers, so take that as you will.

you people claiming that there's so much money

you didn't consider the costs of looking fabulous though

Pokemon Showdown has all the base stats of the new Pokemon in their teambuilder. So we finally know them!

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder

Click New Team -> Add Pokemon and scroll down to the Limbo category.

if that's true (which I doubt), then lolChespin

I did that exact thing. Although, apparently, it's actually "Tod" in the book and movie. For "Toddler". I went with Todd though, because I can't stand the other spelling. XD

Oh, really? I never knew it could be spelled any other way at all. xP

Holy shit! Did anyone go into the second floor of one of the random buildings in North Boulevard of Lumiose? Cuz I just had a rather creepy encounter with a ghostly looking girl who glides along the floor with a dead pan expression. She came up from behind me while the screen kept fading in and out, saying "No....you are not the one....", or something of the sort. Then she disappeared, leaving the office room empty. Its probably nothing special, but its 2 AM in the morning here and I'm feeling a little drowzy, so it spooked the hell outta me. So...uhhhh....any explanations?? Or am I dreaming??? 0_0

No clue. Sounds creepy, though.

C) WHERE THE HECK ARE ALL THE BOUTIQUES!? I only found two: Santalune, and Grant's town.

Don't know about the first two, but I've found a boutique in every place with the word "City" in it. Except for the last, post-game city. Because I haven't been there yet. I assume there's one there, too, though.

Where in Terminus Cave is the Dusk Stone?

B2.

When you come down the stairs from B1, you go up, then left. I think you need Rock Smash.

you people claiming that there's so much money

you didn't consider the costs of looking fabulous though

This.

Clothes, Mega Stones, and TMs are suck your wallet dry. D:

Holy shit! Did anyone go into the second floor of one of the random buildings in North Boulevard of Lumiose? Cuz I just had a rather creepy encounter with a ghostly looking girl who glides along the floor with a dead pan expression. She came up from behind me while the screen kept fading in and out, saying "No....you are not the one....", or something of the sort. Then she disappeared, leaving the office room empty. Its probably nothing special, but its 2 AM in the morning here and I'm feeling a little drowzy, so it spooked the hell outta me. So...uhhhh....any explanations?? Or am I dreaming??? 0_0

are we playing Pokemon or Legend of Zelda, can't tell anymore

Oh, look, this is how you can get infinite Stones.

That's actually really cool

Is there a list of learnsets (even if not 100% accurate) somewhere?

I need to know if my male Meowstic is going to get moves I actually use in-game...

Because this far male has tried to learn Charm and Miracle Eye, while female has learnt Charge Beam and Shadow Ball. I know the male is supposed to have a supportive role, but still... What were you thinking GF!?

After looking at some more of the Gen 6 designs I think when I get it that Poison/Dragon will be on my team. I seem to like seahorse dragons lol first Kingdra now this

How do you get into the Lumiose Boutique?

Beat the gym... I think.

Worked for me.

Actually, never mind.

Just do everything.

I literally went in every building and talked to every person. I also battled everybody I could in the city. Did PR stuff. Got all the items. Stuff like that.

So I don't know...

Grrrr, i need a reset bag for my bagon.... Anyone know which super training nets you the reset bag easiest?

Edit and obligatory blasting off again scream whenever you pop a balloon.

Edited by Vicious Sal

My kevel 38 Diggersby found a Sun Stone !

I decided to train a bunch of different Pokemons, so I won't be overleveled.

A guy trade me his Goomy for my Female Wobbuffet.

I'm at nearly 30 hours and I'm fighting the 3rd Chamion right now.

Nah, still the generic black/grey thing for all, unfortunately.

Anyone know which of the newest generation of Pokemon are turning out to be the most useful? I tried using Helioptile for a little bit, but it was just so damn weak and there were heaps of Fighting types around at the time so it couldn't really do much. Plus, it's a stone-evolve Pokemon, which means it's stuck as some little shit for a long time. Flabebe wasn't really all that good either, although I might have called that too soon. I'm curious to see how people went with other lines like Fletchling & Litleo. I'm using Amaura and Honedge myself and have found them awesome so far. Amaura seems to have great type coverage and its ability means Ice-flavoured Return, which is good.

I'm curious. How do Surf and Fly's overworld effects look? Did they finally start using individual models or do we still have black/grey thing?

Lapras have a unique sprite when you surf with him, otherwise it's pretty disappointing.

Don't have surf yet.

Nah, still the generic black/grey thing for all, unfortunately.

Anyone know which of the newest generation of Pokemon are turning out to be the most useful? I tried using Helioptile for a little bit, but it was just so damn weak and there were heaps of Fighting types around at the time so it couldn't really do much. Plus, it's a stone-evolve Pokemon, which means it's stuck as some little shit for a long time. Flabebe wasn't really all that good either, although I might have called that too soon. I'm curious to see how people went with other lines like Fletchling & Litleo. I'm using Amaura and Honedge myself and have found them awesome so far. Amaura seems to have great type coverage and its ability means Ice-flavoured Return, which is good.

Tyrantrum hit like a truck, and have good physical def, but he's pretty slow...

Barbaracle seems pretty cool. as do Clawlitzer (and Dragalge maybe).

Honedge rocks (obviously).

I'm curious. How do Surf and Fly's overworld effects look? Did they finally start using individual models or do we still have black/grey thing?

As far as I'm aware, the fly overworld animation is the same for every pokemon and so is the surf one, excluding Lapras

Tyrantrum hit like a truck, and have good physical def, but he's pretty slow...

Barbaracle seems pretty cool. as do Clawlitzer (and Dragalge maybe).

Honedge rocks (obviously).

I forgot Malamar. Contrary is an amazing ability, and Tcopsy-Turvy is pretty fun to use too. He also got Hypnosis.

Pidgeotto outclasses my fletchinder completely, even though it has a detrimental nature and fletchindeyhas a great nature.

Frogardier and water pulse are decent enough, but not swampert level amazing.

Budew > roselia is decent as long as you pokemonamie a bit and give it a massage before the second gym, as roselia, it owns, i got a shiny stone in the super training so early roserade is amazing.

Absol hits like a truck and outclasses furrfrou.

Ralts and kirlia are meh until the third gym, around which i got it to gardevoir, and then it cleared the gym without any problems. No psychic at level 26 sucks though...

Bagon i fantastimazing, learns great tm's and hits hard, sheldon just does not die.

False swipe absol is fantastic for catching stuff.

Edited by Vicious Sal